2005 Ford Five Hundred

Started by Tom, July 31, 2005, 08:03:37 PM

ifcar

QuoteHaving a 300C in the family, I do have a lot of personal ecperience with it. From my experience with it, it is simply a very good car. It is not overpriced, it's asking prices are reasonable for what you get. The interior is of good quality IMO, though the materials could be a little better, they generally look good, and it's all screwed together very very well. It drives wonderfully, acceleration is just stupid fast, and it looks damn good. The Boston sound system is pretty great too for this price range. The 500 doesn't offer any feature that the 300 doesn't, at least as far as I know. And a 300 3.5 and a 500 top of the line should be priced fairly similarly. The 300C is in a completely different league.

Either way, despite size similarities, they are aimed at very different sets of people. If just a large basic car with no flair, no fun, get you from point A to point B is all you need, the the 500 is probably a better buy. If you like to have something a bit more entertaining, and a bit more interesting to look at, the 300 wins hands down.
The 300C isn't overpriced because it offers something that no other like-priced large sedans do: a 340-horsepower V8. The 300 V6 models only offer their look to justify their added expense over competing cars.  

Raza

QuoteDoesn't make it a better car though, and it certainly doesn't make it a better value. It simply means that consumers are willing to pay more for it, just like consumers are willing to pay thousands for navigation systems and vinyl-covered roofs. Those add-ons aren't good values just because some people want them.
Nav systems can come in handy now and again.  And with my mom's sense of direction, she uses the Nav system alot.
They definitely can come in handy...if you are in an unfamiliar area, they are very useful.
But are they a good value at $2,000 simply for the benefit of fitting in the dash? What's a good GPS go for these days?
They can run up the bill too.

The only car we have with Nav has it standard.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.