***C-Class DTM Exhibition + AMG's @ Mercedes-Benz Munich****

Started by cawimmer430, November 16, 2008, 06:09:01 AM

cawimmer430

So yesterday I drove to the main Mercedes dealership in Munich to check out if anything was going on. Well, they had a few things going on! First was the C-Class DTM Exhibition which showcased the success of the C-Classes beginning with the W201 190 and ending with the W204 in the German Touring Car Champtionships (DTM).

We begin with the W204 C-Class.

Here's the car that started it all, the W201 190 DTM.

Just a handful of the awards given to it for the championships it won.

The W202 DTM and some of its awards.

The W203.

Next up, ///AMG

They had lots of good stuff here. The first shots are of an SLK55 AMG, S63 AMG and a CLS63 AMG. I purposefully shot the pictures with a different white balance for that added yellow effect. Looked much warmer IMO.

In the next AMG display area we have a gorgeous CL65 AMG V12 Biturbo and another CLS63 AMG.

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

cawimmer430

There was another AMG display area where they had another CLS63 AMG and another SLK55 AMG. The lighting in this area sucked.

Bottom floor was a C63 AMG.

The AMG Customer Center, where clients can individualize their AMG.

A model of the Mercedes dealership. Yep, it's HUGE!!!

As usual, they also have a classic Mercedes in the usual spot which changes every month or so. This months classic Benz was a post-World War II 220, the forerunner to the 300 "Adenauer" and S-Class. Nice.

Now some random pictures from the dealership. Lot's of cool things to see, but I only went for the really interesting things. Like this Mercedes bicycle complete with a "hood star"!  :ohyeah:

The Maybach Center, which also includes the SLR.

An SL280 raised...

Used CL550 with the AMG package. Anyone need a kidney?

Some awards for safety and innovation and environmental engagement, awarded by ADAC to Mercedes.

W204 C-Class BlueEfficiency

Here's a typical E-Class taxi, without the installed taxi package features (taximeter etc.)

The parking lot outside the dealer was full of used W204 C-Classes.

This was in the parking garage where I parked my sisters BMW 118. I spotted one of those rare and FOOOOKIN UGLY SL-SLR-SLK conversions. WHAT A WASTE!!!! WHAT A WASTE!!!!  :lockedup:

Across from ^this^ monstrosity was a BMW M5.

Hope you liked the pictures.  :ohyeah:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Submariner

Nice.   :ohyeah:

I'll take that SWB S63 with your sister in the passenger seat, please.  :praise:
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

cawimmer430

Quote from: Submariner on November 16, 2008, 09:37:14 AM
Nice.   :ohyeah:

I'll take that SWB S63 with your sister in the passenger seat, please.  :praise:

She'll cost extra. You sure you can afford that?  :devil:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Colin

Wonderful......... that looks like a bigger version of M-B World that is at Brooklands in the UK...... the special exhibition of C Class DTM cars is particulary good...  I'm about to head to the burnt remains of California (and AZ and NM) on vacation, otherwise I'd be tweaking the diary to head to Muenchen!!

cawimmer430

Quote from: Colin on November 18, 2008, 04:01:37 AM
Wonderful......... that looks like a bigger version of M-B World that is at Brooklands in the UK...... the special exhibition of C Class DTM cars is particulary good...  I'm about to head to the burnt remains of California (and AZ and NM) on vacation, otherwise I'd be tweaking the diary to head to Muenchen!!

Anytime.  :praise:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de