Car Thief Makes Getaway To Police Chief's Driveway

Started by TurboDan, November 27, 2008, 09:08:00 PM

TurboDan

El-Oh-El

:thumbsup:

http://www.app.com/article/20081126/NEWS/81126082

TOMS RIVER ? A man who stole a car in Beachwood nonchalantly pulled into a random driveway here to get away from police, a ploy that authorities said failed because the driveway is at the home of Police Chief Michael G. Mastronardy, who was one of several officers following the car.

The stolen car had an OnStar satellite tracking security system, and when it was reported stolen, OnStar called Beachwood police to say it was in the Toms River bus depot.

When Beachwood police went there they did not find the car, but were called by Toms River police who said OnStar reported that the car was on Route 9 and they were following it, said Sgt. Jason Froberg.

Mastronardy was driving home when he received the call of the stolen car. He spotted it and he and another officer followed the car on Route 9.

The driver of the car, later identified by police as George Parker, 49, of Bridgeton, turned onto a side street and pulled into a driveway.

Parker got out of the car and was immediately approached by police, who did not reveal at the time that they found the episode a bit funny, Mastronardy said.

"Of about 34,000 homes in Toms River, this guy pulls into my driveway like he lives there and had no idea whose house it was," Mastronardy said.

"Out of all the ones to pick," Froberg said.

Beachwood police said Parker faces a charge of theft of a motor vehicle, and Toms River police say he faces a charge here of theft of stolen property.

dazzleman

A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

rohan

Wow.  We've all had dozens fo guys do that and try to pretend they know them- but that's pretty good.  It's always fun to have them say "I'm vistin' my aunt Jenny."  "Oh really?  Then she won't mind if I ask her if she knows you will she?"  "Well- uhh- uhhh"
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle