Official pics: 2006 Accord

Started by ifcar, August 02, 2005, 03:20:07 PM

ifcar

TBR

Now the taillights look too small and there is still a Buicky look to the whole rear imho.  

ifcar

I don't think the taillights are too small, but they need to be larger if they're going to be that high up. Don't see any Buick there, though, and it's a major improvement over the 05.

Tom

Looks like the same old Accord.  

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ifcar

No one can tell that the rear end of the sedan has been entirely redesigned? I'll excuse you for not noticing the modified grille, but are you car enthusiasts or not?  

Shane

The wedgy style tailight is sure the look of the day.  Almost every maker uses this now.  The Accord Sedan' rear looks now closer to the Coupe.

BMWDave

QuoteNo one can tell that the rear end of the sedan has been entirely redesigned? I'll excuse you for not noticing the modified grille, but are you car enthusiasts or not?
I only saw the front of the car before...the other link was not working.  I just followed your advice, and selected the URL, and now I can see it.  The back is entirely different, and entirely better.  I like it a lot.  The front is still very similar.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

They now work anyway, the links now go to the picture's page instead of to the picture.

BMWDave

QuoteThey now work anyway, the links now go to the picture's page instead of to the picture.
Ok, they all work perfectly now.  The coupe looks almost unchanged...it definitely did not get the facelift in the rear as the sedan did.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

They un-rounded the coupe's trunklid and modified the taillights, but it didn't need the facelift the sedan did.  

BMWDave

QuoteThey un-rounded the coupe's trunklid and modified the taillights, but it didn't need the facelift the sedan did.
Very slightly modified...they basically just put in white reverse lights.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

They also added a ridge to flow with the new trunk.  

Tom

The Accord used to have a clean and simple design.

Now it looks 9 months pregnant.  And really, that goes for many other mainstream cars today like the Camry.  I don't know about everyone else, but I like the previous gen a lot better.

ifcar

This is the best-looking Accord design IMO:

BMWDave

QuoteThe Accord used to have a clean and simple design.

Now it looks 9 months pregnant.  And really, that goes for many other mainstream cars today like the Camry.  I don't know about everyone else, but I like the previous gen a lot better.
This is my favorite gen Accord as well.  Though the real Accord that is in other markets (aka the TSX) is the worthy successor to the other Accords.  We just got the bloated one.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

I hated that design (the one above), this one is my favorite and i also like the one tom posted:

ifcar

QuoteI hated that design (the one above), this one is my favorite and i also like the one tom posted:
That's my second-favorite, I prefer the more-rounded but still not bloated generation that replaced it.  

giant_mtb

TBR

QuoteI hated that design (the one above), this one is my favorite and i also like the one tom posted:
That's my second-favorite, I prefer the more-rounded but still not bloated generation that replaced it.
I think the gen after the one pictured in my post was the first of the bloated Accords.

ifcar

Bloated? I'm not seeing it, especially in person. That's the gen that strikes the best balance of blocky vs. curvy IMO.  

TBR

Raza

A.  I don't really see a difference.

B.  Those pictures are grainy as hell.  Maybe that's why I can't see the difference.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ifcar

Look at the rear-end shot of the car, and look at a rear end shot of the current car. It should become very clear.  

CaseyNPham

We have a 98 and 02 accord from the last gen. It's not the prettiest in its class but it sure beats the heck out of the current ones. I think the rear looks too fat still, and the tail lights are too Fordy. Gosh, what's happening in the design room nowadays. Even the Civic looks a little fat.
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

thewizard16

The rear looks distinctly better, and the front looks a little better. Overall, a little better looking car, I think. It's still not an attractive design, in my opinion, but it's a little less ungainly.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Fire It Up

thats a way better rear end than out accord....thats both good and bad  <_<  

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

ifcar

What's bad about an improvement?

Fire It Up

no, the rear end of our accord is bad, not good. which is bad.

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

850CSi