German Ute Scoop

Started by BMWDave, August 02, 2005, 04:47:47 PM

BMWDave

German Ute Scoop: Audi's Q7 torture tested; VW soft-roader put on hold
AUTOWEEK
Posted Date: 8/2/05
When last we checked (April 25) Audi engineers developing the Q7 were out in the desert performing requisite hot-weather testing on the sport/utility vehicle.

Turns out, desert testing wasn?t even the half of it. ?We?re putting the Q7 through just about every horror imaginable to a car driver,? says Martin Brand, Audi?s durability testing chief. The vehicle has survived everything from sub-zero cold to desert heat, along with performance testing on the N?rburgring.

The 2007 Q7 makes its global debut next month in Frankfurt, and goes on sale in North America in mid-2006.

VW soft-roader on hold

Volkswagen won?t reveal its Golf-based small sport/utility vehicle as planned next month at the Frankfurt motor show, due to concerns the new five-door may require a major overhaul before it begins production.

Known internally under the name Beduin, a concept debut of the inexpensive four-wheel-drive model was scheduled for Frankfurt, with production starting in late 2007. But those plans are on hold until the program can meet production cost targets set by new VW chairman Wolfgang Bernhard. VW is now aiming to debut the Beduin at the Detroit show in January.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ifcar

"Volkswagen won?t reveal its Golf-based small sport/utility vehicle as planned next month at the Frankfurt motor show, due to concerns the new five-door may require a major overhaul before it begins production."

I'll say it does. They need to make it look like something other than a Golf with tall doors.

BMWDave

Quote"Volkswagen won?t reveal its Golf-based small sport/utility vehicle as planned next month at the Frankfurt motor show, due to concerns the new five-door may require a major overhaul before it begins production."

I'll say it does. They need to make it look like something other than a Golf with tall doors.
I really like the Q7 I'm seeing in these pictures...very classy design.  Before, it looked horrible, and now it just seems to all fit.

2007 Honda S2000

SJ_GTI

Quote"Volkswagen won?t reveal its Golf-based small sport/utility vehicle as planned next month at the Frankfurt motor show, due to concerns the new five-door may require a major overhaul before it begins production."

I really like the Q7 I'm seeing in these pictures...very classy design.  Before, it looked horrible, and now it just seems to all fit.
I agree 100%. I did not like it at all when i saw earlier pics, but these shots (along with the ones on C&D's home page) make it look really nice, better than the X5 IMHO.

BMWDave

I agree 100%. I did not like it at all when i saw earlier pics, but these shots (along with the ones on C&D's home page) make it look really nice, better than the X5 IMHO.
It definitely strikes a very nice blend between elegant and sporty...while the X5 is almost all sport.

2007 Honda S2000