Corvette C6

Started by Shane, August 02, 2005, 05:34:09 PM

Shane

Rumor has it that Corvette is developing a C6, known as the 'Blue Devil' with a supercharged 7.0 litre engine producing more than 600 hp.  Estimated price will be in the $100,000.00 range.  For that money it would be easily the most power for the money anywhere.

GMPenguin

A guy I knew, knew a person who works for GM (was on the Cobalt design team) and he said that the Blue Devil was a possibility, so I wouldn't necessarily discard this one.

TBR

In R&T they said that Chevrolet is developing a Corvette SS so that is likely what the spy shots are of.  

Tom

footoflead

I heard this a little while ago also....dont remeber where...mabey it was R&T or Autoweek...It might have been CarandDriver...i dunno
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

R33 GT-R

The only problem with the car will be not enough traction.  I really think people buying the new Z06 are going to run into this as well.  Super lite ass end and 500+ hp are going to be battling each other constantly.  It would be fun however.
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

Tom

QuoteThe only problem with the car will be not enough traction.  I really think people buying the new Z06 are going to run into this as well.  Super lite ass end and 500+ hp are going to be battling each other constantly.  It would be fun however.
Nothing a couple bags o' sand can't fix, though I'm not sure anything can hold down a 600hp Vette.

TBR

Unless they tubbed out the rear end there is doubt that it will be next to impossible to use all of that power.

Shane

QuoteThe only problem with the car will be not enough traction.  I really think people buying the new Z06 are going to run into this as well.  Super lite ass end and 500+ hp are going to be battling each other constantly.  It would be fun however.
You might be right.  I heard with extensive use of carbon fibre, this car will be lighter than a Chevy Cobalt.

footoflead

QuoteThe only problem with the car will be not enough traction.  I really think people buying the new Z06 are going to run into this as well.  Super lite ass end and 500+ hp are going to be battling each other constantly.  It would be fun however.
You might be right.  I heard with extensive use of carbon fibre, this car will be lighter than a Chevy Cobalt.
:blink:  
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

giant_mtb

I hope it has a TCS. ^_^

Colonel Cadillac

I dunno if traction will be a problem, those are some FAT rear tires.

Also, a Corvette SS sounds kinda wimpy.

Shane

I hope they use the 'Blue Devil' instead of the SS to name this car.  'Blue Devil' is such a part of Corvette history.

El Barto

QuoteThe only problem with the car will be not enough traction.  I really think people buying the new Z06 are going to run into this as well.  Super lite ass end and 500+ hp are going to be battling each other constantly.  It would be fun however.
:blink:
damn   :blink:  
2016 Volkswagen GTI (Aug 2015 - Present)
2008 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg (Aug 2011 - Aug 2015)
2003 Saab 9-3 2.0t (Oct 2007 - Aug 2011)
1990 Nissan Maxima SE (July 2003 - Oct 2007)

JYODER240

Sounds like this could be a bargain S7 fighter.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

ifcar

The current weight difference between the cars isn't that much, only about 300 lbs. Still impressive though.  

Raza

0-60 in 3.1, 435bhp (LS6), $189,000
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Tom

QuoteThe only problem with the car will be not enough traction.? I really think people buying the new Z06 are going to run into this as well.? Super lite ass end and 500+ hp are going to be battling each other constantly.? It would be fun however.
The initial price may be similar, but what does an S7 cost to maintain and repair?  Not knowing much about these cars I couldn't tell you but I imagine it would be a hefty premium.  The Corvette is still a Chevy and can be fixed with the wack of a hammer.

R33 GT-R

The S7s mid/rear engine placement also aids in it's traction, a luxury the Blue Devil will not have.  I still say to utilize that much horsepower they better put slicks on it, drag radials will not help I don't believe.

JYODER240

QuoteThe S7s mid/rear engine placement also aids in it's traction, a luxury the Blue Devil will not have.  I still say to utilize that much horsepower they better put slicks on it, drag radials will not help I don't believe.
Traction probably will be there biggest feat to overcome. They are going to have to move as much weight rearward as possible. Some aerodynamics will come into play because i'm sure it will be able to spin its tires at the 2-3 shift and that will be over 100mph.  
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

TBR

The S7 costs over $400,000, it competes only with imports.

BMWDave

QuoteThe S7 costs over $400,000, it competes only with imports.
True.  raza posted a very old S7.  I dont find the S7 to be a "value" at all, though.  I could get a Porsche Carrera GT, Mclaren SLR easily for the same money, which have more noble roots, look better IMO, and are easier to maintain due to dealer networks, etc.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

R33 GT-R

Carrera GT over the S7 for sure.

Raza

QuoteThe S7 costs over $400,000, it competes only with imports.
True.  raza posted a very old S7.  I dont find the S7 to be a "value" at all, though.  I could get a Porsche Carrera GT, Mclaren SLR easily for the same money, which have more noble roots, look better IMO, and are easier to maintain due to dealer networks, etc.
When did I post an S7?  That's a Mosler MT900S, 435bhp LS6, 0-60 in 3.1 seconds, and a price of $189,000.  The car was developed over five years ago, but was only approved for US sale recently due to the EPA.  It'll kill an S7 for less than half the price.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

I noticed the difference, but the cars are similar looking from afar and you didn't actually say it was a Mosler.  

Raza

I implied that it was a bargain S7 fighter.  And I said it had an LS6.  The S7 doesn't have an LS6.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TBR

No, you didn't say that, you quoted a post that said the SS would be a bargain S7 fighter.  

Raza

QuoteNo, you didn't say that, you quoted a post that said the SS would be a bargain S7 fighter.
I didn't say anything...I thought people would either recognize it or inquire.  I left the post ambiguous, true.  

And the Mosler looks MUCH better than the S7!

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TBR

I prefer the S7 a bit myself, but both look good.

R33 GT-R

I prefer the Carrera GT, Boo Ya!