Chevrolet Equinox Revealed!

Started by 2o6, December 21, 2008, 08:49:20 PM

2o6

CJ

I saw this earlier.  I do quite like it.

2o6

Eye of the Tiger

Looks the same as the last Equinox Revealed! thread you made. Fugly.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Soup DeVille

Dig the lighted cupholders...

(oh, jeeze)
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

ifcar

Interior looks nice. Exterior, not so much. The opposite of the current Equinox.

the Teuton

Wow.  I like it, but I think it will be overpriced, underpowered, not get that good of gas mileage, and it will not be enough for a GM comeback.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

WookieOnRitalin

Quote from: the Teuton on December 21, 2008, 09:33:03 PM
Wow.  I like it, but I think it will be overpriced, underpowered, not get that good of gas mileage, and it will not be enough for a GM comeback.

This will not be true. Most things I have heard are RAV4 gas mileage territory and with DI 2.4L four and 3.0L six, it will not be underpowered. I do think overall weight is a concern because you know this fat cow is going to be pushing 4500 lbs. What sad is that the GM produces some of the best engine technology of any automaker, but waste its potential on overweight vehicles.

If they found a way to shed 500-700 lbs, they would be able to make vehicles with stronger mileage numbers.
1989 Mazda 929
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2010 Saab 9-3
2012 Suzuki Kizashi
2015 Mazda3

1987 Nissan Maxima GXE
2006 Subaru Baja Turbo

68_427

Info if anyone cares.

Trims: LS, LT, LTZ (for both 4-Cylinder and V6)

Engines/Transmissions:
? **NEW ENGINE** ECOTEC 2.4L VVT with direct-injection: 182 HP/174 lb.-ft. (6T45 6-speed transmission)
? **NEW ENGINE** 3.0L VVT High-Feature V6 with direct-injection: 255 HP/214 lb.ft. (6T70 6-speed transmission)

Fuel Economy:
? 2.4L FWD: 21/30 MPG, AWD: 20/27 MPG
? 3.0L FWD: 18/25 MPG, AWD: 17/24 MPG

Select Standard Equipment:
? Six airbags (front, side, curtain)
? XM Satellite Radio
? OnStar
? StabiliTrak stability control system
? 17? Wheels
? Traction Control with 4-wheel disc brakes
? MultiFlex Rear Seat?in current Equinox, allows rear seat to slide fore and aft 8?

Select Options:
? ?Smart? Remote Start?activates the HVAC and heated seats automatically based on exterior temperature
? 7? touch-screen navigation system
? Bluetooth
? USB Port for audio connectivity
? DVD Entertainment System?includes LCD screen in each headrest; can watch or play games independently
? In-Dash Hard Drive Storage
? Power Rear Liftgate
? Rear-View Camera?in rearview mirror or navigation screen
? 250 Watt, 8 speaker Pioneer sound system
? 18?-19? Wheels
? All Wheel Drive

Design details

The design features Chevy?s signature global face ? the two-tier grille and prominent gold Bowtie insignia. Strong fender shapes, a distinctive premium roofline, wraparound headlamps and dual round taillamps are additional elements that define Equinox as a true Chevrolet, Peper said.

?The new Equinox blends function and style into a very sporty, yet upscale compact crossover,? said Ed Welburn, vice president of GM Global Design. ?Both the exterior and interior surprise and delight with careful attention to detail.?

Additional design features include:

? A multi-dimensional hood and wraparound rear side glass and a wheels-at-the-corners stance
? Improved aerodynamic performance through a number of carefully
designed exterior features, including moving the base of the windshield forward approximately three inches (75 mm) for a sleeker profile
Equinox?s rocker panels are integrated into the doors to make it easier to get in and out of the vehicle. They narrow the area over which a passenger must step, offering protection for pant legs that could brush against dirty rockers. Also, the select use of chrome trim and flush-fitting ?exposed-edge? windshield and rear glass reinforce Equinox?s build quality and reduce wind noise.

Dimensionally, the Equinox rides on the same 112.5-inch wheelbase (2,857 mm), but is about one inch (25 mm) shorter in length and an inch wider. It also has a wider front track that enhances the ride and handling.
Interior amenities, storage and flexibility

Inside, the Equinox features attention to detail ? including a number of storage bins, such as an oversized glove box; a closed storage bin in the instrument panel above the center stack; and closed storage under the center armrest large enough for a laptop computer.

A ?floating? center stack houses a multitude of ergonomic comfort and convenience controls. Contemporary, ice-blue ambient lighting ? featured within and surrounding the center stack, encircling the center-console cupholders and within the door pull cups ? accentuates the cabin. The front and rear seats, which include cloth and uplevel, perforated leather-trimmed offerings, were developed to help deliver best-in-class comfort.

The new Equinox retains its MultiFlex rear seat capability, which allows the seat to be moved fore or aft nearly eight inches (203 mm), for the best rear legroom in its class. With the 60/40-split-back rear seat moved all the way forward, the cargo area offers 31.4 cubic feet (889 liters) of storage.

The Equinox?s cabin is notable for its quietness. Noise-absorbing elements are built into the chassis, engine compartment and interior.

Chassis and Suspension

The 2010 Equinox is built on a body-integral structure with single-piece body side stampings and targeted applications of high-strength steel. Those elements form the foundation of a solid, quiet driving experience, according to Peper. The strong structure enabled engineers to tune the four-wheel-independent suspension system for greater control and driver feedback.
Standard and available features include:

? Available all wheel drive
? Family of 17-, 18- and 19-inch alloy wheels
? Fuel-saving electric power steering system

The rack-mounted electric power steering system provides greater fuel efficiency of on 2.4L-equipped models that saves nearly 11 miles per tank of gas, or about 572 miles per year (assuming one fill-up per week). With the Equinox?s estimated 30 mpg on the highway, the electric power steering system saves the equivalent of approximately one tank of gas each year.

?With the outstanding interior execution and comfort, the stunning exterior design, numerous chassis improvements, and the connectivity to the outside world, the new Equinox is the favorite ride among our engineers,? said Tim Herrick, chief engineer. ?I have to pull the keys out of their hands in order to take it for a spin myself.?
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Catman

Submariner

I see they are really gun-ho about that stupid corporate front fiasca...oh well. 

That Rear end screams ML, but I suppose there isn't much latitude in the Mid-Size SUV market if you want to stay alive, that is.

The blue ambient lighting screams cheap.  In an attempt to be hip and cool, they mimic the kitchens of the 70's, bathed in blueish eye piercing white.  A soft orange or yellow is more pleasing.

The interior looks good, even if it's not as "chiseled" as I'd like (read: the vast quantity of nothingness in front of the passenger.)  However, the Malibu's looked good then felt differently when we sat in it.  Only time will tell if it actually is up to par.

That being said, those are all minor complaints on what sounds like a good car.  Hopefully, this won't be a sub par car, and will stack up nicely against the competition. 
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

SVT666

The interior is awesome.  The exterior is...not bad.

Byteme

Quote from: 2o6 on December 21, 2008, 08:49:20 PM
Great, just what the world needs, another mdisize SUV  :rolleyes:

From the side it looks like a startled armadillo.  When excited armadillos jump straight up in the air.  Looking at the space between the tires and top of the wheel wells it looks like this truck is in the process of jumping straight up.

cozmik

I think it looks great. The current Equinox looks cheap, inside and out. This looks very good.

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

nickdrinkwater

Why do GM put those tacky chrome wheels on all their cars...

Catman

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on December 22, 2008, 05:13:10 PM

Yeah I hate those too.  Every time I see them I think of chrome plastic.

Cookie Monster

RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

2o6

Quote from: thecarnut on December 22, 2008, 06:29:24 PM
Disgusting.

:rolleyes:

There isn't much better looking in this segment.

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on December 22, 2008, 05:13:10 PM

Americans like them..........I'm not too sure why.

hotrodalex

Looks great.

As for the wheels, I'm not a big chrome fan. If you go with chrome, it hasn't to be an upscale-looking wheel and the chrome shouldn't be super shiny.

CJ

Quote from: 2o6 on December 22, 2008, 06:59:39 PM

:rolleyes:

There isn't much better looking in this segment.

He's entitled to his own opinion.

2o6

CJ

Quote from: 2o6 on December 22, 2008, 08:16:52 PM

So?

He obviously doesn't like the way it looks.  You're hinting that he has to like it.

Submariner

Quote from: CJ on December 22, 2008, 09:03:00 PM

He obviously doesn't like the way it looks.  You're hinting that he has to like it.

Years of forum abuse for liking ugly, unimportant care tends to turn one sour. 
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

cozmik

Quote from: Catman on December 22, 2008, 05:38:17 PM
Yeah I hate those too.  Every time I see them I think of chrome plastic.

Well, that is because that's what it is. It's a chromed plastic cover over the wheel itself.

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

Secret Chimp

Wow, it looks almost exactly like the Saturn version, how surprising.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

2o6

Quote from: Secret Chimp on December 23, 2008, 08:23:58 PM
Wow, it looks almost exactly like the Saturn version, how surprising.

Even so, they don't share many parts.

Gotta-Qik-C7

This is a huge improvement over the current version! The current model always looked cheap and plasticy to me.
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

cawimmer430

Quote from: Soup DeVille on December 21, 2008, 09:13:09 PM
Dig the lighted cupholders...

Your typical American family has to be able to find their Cokes / Diet Cokes in the dark.  :devil:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

goldenlover1101

I actually really like it! I had a soft spot for the old Equinox but this one is 10x nicer. Much more upscale along the line of the Lamba siblings. Looks very luxurious and well put together. This would be very high up on my list for small crossovers. Love the interior. Chevy seems to have some very high quality interiors coming out!

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."