2006 Mitsubishi Raider

Started by Shane, August 02, 2005, 08:21:56 PM

Shane

The 2006 Mitsubishi Raider pickup, available in club and crew cabs.  Based on the Dodge Dakota, using the same line-up of engines.  I think I like this version better than the Dodge.

giant_mtb

Looks like a mix of a Ranger and a Colorado.

ifcar

They should have swapped the steering wheel, the Mitsu badge looks so out of place on it.  

TBR

In a couple of months this will likely be the best midsize truck deal out there, and, unlike other Mitsubishis, you won't have to worry about parts not being available.  

Shane

You have to give them credit.  They could have just slapped a Mitsubishi badge on it and call it a day.  Instead they gave it a pretty distinctive look.

ifcar

TBR, I doubt it will ever be a great value, sticker pricing will probably be too high for it to become a great value even with incentives.

TBR

Yep, they did more work than Isuzu bothered to do with the Ascender and i-series.  

Tom

Nice looker 'cept for the odd front.

TBR

QuoteTBR, I doubt it will ever be a great value, sticker pricing will probably be too high for it to become a great value even with incentives.
It will have to be a great value for Mitsubishi to sell any of them so that is what it'll be.

Colonel Cadillac

Its pretty funny...pretty funny looking :D  :D  

Secret Chimp

That front end looks terrible. The rear 3/4 view is great, but the front... it looks like an obese koala bear robot or something.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

dave998

Although I like the front end thats normally a sign that it wont echo with the mainstream public.

BMWDave

I like the front end,  but it looks like a rabbit that has one tooth sticking out :lol:

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ifcar

QuoteTBR, I doubt it will ever be a great value, sticker pricing will probably be too high for it to become a great value even with incentives.
It will have to be a great value for Mitsubishi to sell any of them so that is what it'll be.
Selling its products has never appeared to be a concern for Mitsu before. Too many of its other cars need price advantages to sell too, and don't have them. Lancer and Montero spring immidiately to mind, the Galant and Endeavor can be added to the roster not because they don't deserve to command decent prices but because they need to appeal to shallow-minded consumers.

TBR

Selling its products has never appeared to be a concern for Mitsu before. Too many of its other cars need price advantages to sell too, and don't have them. Lancer and Montero spring immidiately to mind, the Galant and Endeavor can be added to the roster not because they don't deserve to command decent prices but because they need to appeal to shallow-minded consumers.
Not quite sure that you finished your statement their, but the Galant at least is selling for well under sticker.  

ifcar

No, the Galant isn't selling. And even under sticker, it still has no price advantage over even an Accord or Camry, which are also selling under sticker.

TBR

Okay, I guess Mitsubishi is run by a bunch of bozos, a Galant GTS-V6 is "worth" just $1000 under msrp.

Catman

QuoteYou have to give them credit.  They could have just slapped a Mitsubishi badge on it and call it a day.  Instead they gave it a pretty distinctive look.
Which just happens to be ugly as hell. :blink:  

Shane

I like this truck a lot.  It looks fantastic to me.  It would be my first choice for a mid sized pickup.  

cozmik

I actually think it looks pretty good. And no matter what, it will probably help sales. A truck couldn't hurt anything.

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

BMWDave

QuoteI actually think it looks pretty good. And no matter what, it will probably help sales. A truck couldn't hurt anything.
I agree.  I like it better than the Dodge Dakota it is based on.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...