Wow- Maryland trooper having a rough day!

Started by rohan, December 25, 2008, 06:56:08 PM

rohan

Maryland Trooper Fired in Bizarre Drunken Chase Case

(video)
http://www.wbaltv.com/video/18339106/index.html

TOWSON, Md. --

A Maryland State Police trooper was fired after being charged with kidnapping a man in his marked police car during a chase in which the trooper was the one running from other officers.

Maryland State Police Officer Bruce Wrzosek, 22, had been suspended from duty earlier in the year after an incident in Baltimore city that was never prosecuted, 11 News I-Team lead investigative reporter Jayne Miller said.

Wrzosek went back to work in October but allegedly got involved in a much more serious case early Saturday in Towson.

Baltimore County police were called to a fast food restaurant at Loch Raven and Taylor avenues at about 2:30 a.m. Saturday after getting calls that a state trooper who appeared to be drunk was using a marked police car -- lights and sirens blaring -- to pull people over at the drive through.

According to court documents, a witness reported that "a drunken state trooper grabbed (one man) out of his car and put him in the police car."

Investigators said county police approached the trooper, but as they did, he took off, racing east on Taylor Avenue at a high rate of speed. The court documents said when the trooper finally stopped, he provided his Maryland State Police identification.

Miller reported that the trooper had trouble with a field sobriety test, allegedly admitting, "That's great. I'm drunk."

According to court documents, the fast food customer in the trooper's car told police, "He thought they were doing around 95 mph while on Taylor Avenue, and that (the trooper) scared the life out of him."

"The allegations made against this individual are very serious," said State Police Spokesman Greg Shipley.

He said the department's response to the allegations was swift. Wrzosek was fired by noon on Monday.

Wrzosek was off duty at the time of the incident, Miller reported. He was authorized to have a take-home police car.

On Saturday, investigators said Wrzosek's blood-alcohol content was 0.20 -- more than twice the legal limit.

I like how the spokesman calls him an individual!  Now that's distancing themselves with stealth!
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

dazzleman

It appears that firing him was the right decision.  Being that drunk while driving around in a marked cruiser, and pulling people over in that state, is pretty bad.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

cawimmer430

Is this the reason IFCAR has been gone for a few days? Might be in jail for nothing because of this guy!  :thumbsup:

:devil: :devil: :devil:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

dazzleman

A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

ifcar

Quote from: cawimmer430 on December 26, 2008, 03:13:56 AM
Is this the reason IFCAR has been gone for a few days? Might be in jail for nothing because of this guy!  :thumbsup:

:devil: :devil: :devil:

The joke might have worked better if I'd actually been gone for a few days.

ChrisV

Hmm. Wonder if he's a friend of Officer Bob from C&D...
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

TurboDan

Quote from: ChrisV on December 26, 2008, 09:08:01 AM
Hmm. Wonder if he's a friend of Officer Bob from C&D...

LOL.  My first thought. IIRC, Officer Bob was stationed in the Towson MSP barracks.

dazzleman

Quote from: TurboDan on December 26, 2008, 12:41:33 PM
LOL.  My first thought. IIRC, Officer Bob was stationed in the Towson MSP barracks.

:lol:
Officer Bob is cool.  He still sends me crazy emails sometimes.

TurboDan

Haha... I'll never forget his sig... "Nothing improves your driving like a ticket."

dazzleman

I've tried to recruit Officer Bob to start posting here, but he says he's too busy.  He'd be a great foil for James Young.