Accidents

Started by 3.0L V6, December 29, 2008, 06:47:44 AM

Byteme

Quote from: CJ on December 30, 2008, 12:21:56 PM
You've had quite a few. 

Yeah, but note that none were my fault, with the possible exception of the deer.  Also that's in about 1,000,000 miles of driving

We came over a hill at 70 and there were about 1/2 dozen standing n the middle of my lane, talking about whatever deer talk about at 3:00 AM (I was sober).  I braked but there wasn't enough room.  I nailed one and had a brief vision if it flying to the right over the car at a 45 degree angle.  It wound up in the ditch, dead or dying.  I had a car with two working hadlights on the passenger side and a busted grill.  No damage to the sheetmetal or bumper.  That dodge was a tank.

Tave

I shudder to think what would happen if I hit one in the Aveo.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

El Barto

Quote from: Tave on December 30, 2008, 12:56:22 PM
I shudder to think what would happen if I hit one in the Aveo.

The Aveo would be totaled and the deer would have a small bruise.   :devil:

My only accident:

1990 Maxima vs early 90's Civic

Winner: Maxima

The Civic rear ended me at a stop light.  My bumper was pushed in a little but his bumper and hood where crushed.
2016 Volkswagen GTI (Aug 2015 - Present)
2008 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg (Aug 2011 - Aug 2015)
2003 Saab 9-3 2.0t (Oct 2007 - Aug 2011)
1990 Nissan Maxima SE (July 2003 - Oct 2007)

Soup DeVille

Let's see:

I hit an overturned arrow board with a '75 Eldorado. (wind storm, not my fault)

I rear ended and off-duty policeman in Highland Park with a '90 Ranger. In the same vehicle, I had someone pull out in front of me and I clipped her bumper.

I was rear-ended by an Impreza in a Grand Am on I-696.

I rolled a Festiva. Twice, in the same day: once in the morning, once in the afternoon. It drove away from both incidents.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

S204STi

Just a couple of incidents in my short driving career:

First one:
1994 Legacy versus raised concrete curb.
Winner: Raised curb.  I was fooling around in a parking lot on a snow day and slid sideways into the curb, ruining the left rear wheel and sending my alignment out of whack.

Second:
2007 WRX versus Jeep Liberty (05+)
Winner: Jeep Liberty.  Dumb cunt sitting behind me at a left turn arrow looked up from her cell phone to see green lights to her right and floored it into me thinking it was time to go, this despite having a red arrow in front of us.  Ruined bumper cover and impact foam, dented tailgate on my car, did little to no damage to her car.

S204STi

Quote from: Soup DeVille on December 30, 2008, 04:15:58 PM
I rolled a Festiva. Twice, in the same day: once in the morning, once in the afternoon. It drove away from both incidents.

Holy christ, this requires a story. :mask:

Soup DeVille

Quote from: R-inge on December 30, 2008, 04:20:55 PM
Holy christ, this requires a story. :mask:

Not much of a story, unfortunately. I bought the car to run as an ice racer. I had just put on the snow tires, and I decided i should learn how to use them. The first time I was sliding around in a parking lot, and tripped it over a parking block onto a pile of snow. The car laid over on its right side. Almost no damage. Called the tow truck, put the car back on its wheels, and she fired right up.

The second time was on a windy rural road, and I put her into a ditch: again on the right side, except the car was almost all the way over this time, not quite 180 degrees, but more like 120, corner of the roof sitting in the V formed by the bottom of the ditch.

Started walking out, and this old farmer guy drives his John deereeet me and ask if i'm alright. I told him yeah, but my car is probably totalled. he looks at it and says, "well, you just gonna leave it there, or are you gonna give me a hand getting it out of my ditch?"

So, I agree to help hinm hook it up to the tractor, he pull it out, then both of us together push it back onto its wheels. This time, glass is broken and the paint is all scraped to shit, but it doesn't really look too bad. I pull the sparkplugs, and turn the engine over- spraying oil all over the place: put the plugs back in and the damned thing starts right up.

Didn't drive much different either.

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

sparkplug

one time I slighty scratched my car against a tree.
Getting stoned, one stone at a time.