Bugatti Type 57S Atlantic found in a garage in Britain!

Started by Secret Chimp, January 01, 2009, 05:00:41 PM

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Onslaught

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=17035.msg961718#msg961718 date=1231206765
Three million is your "never have to work again" threshold? 
If you can't live off three million then you have problems. I could make it off that EASY! Hell, I'll never have that.

JWC

Quote from: Onslaught on February 07, 2009, 11:42:45 PM
If you can't live off three million then you have problems. I could make it off that EASY! Hell, I'll never have that.

I agree.  It seems most people here tend to think in terms of what they can buy first, then try to live on the remainder.  I'm quite conservative in spending.    I would arrange my life to live comfortably on the 3M, then when I wanted something "special" go to work to get the money.

Onslaught

Quote from: JWC on February 08, 2009, 08:29:46 AM
I agree.  It seems most people here tend to think in terms of what they can buy first, then try to live on the remainder.  I'm quite conservative in spending.    I would arrange my life to live comfortably on the 3M, then when I wanted something "special" go to work to get the money.
I'd live in the same small house I have now. I'd keep my car and probably get something lice but nothing over what I could buy now with what I make these days.
All the rest would be saved so I could live off of it without fear of where my money is coming from. And I wouldn't have to work at the shit hole job I have now.

MX793

Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

MX793

Quote from: Onslaught on February 08, 2009, 09:24:35 AM
Not likely then?

Perhaps.  Then again, keep in mind that with a 3M+ nestegg, you don't have to do a job that you'd be able to live off of, since you can draw off your millions for that, which greatly opens your options.  Just something you enjoy and can make a little cash with so you're not solely living off your windfall and to give you something to do.  Something like JWC's photography gig.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

AutobahnSHO

$3million is a LOT of interest at $90k/ account in a lot of different banks' savings accounts...

As far as staying busy, every day I'd drive in my red 911 from bank to bank making withdrawls and going to other banks making new accounts...
Will

hotrodalex

Quote from: MX793 on February 08, 2009, 09:31:55 AM
Perhaps.  Then again, keep in mind that with a 3M+ nestegg, you don't have to do a job that you'd be able to live off of, since you can draw off your millions for that, which greatly opens your options.  Just something you enjoy and can make a little cash with so you're not solely living off your windfall and to give you something to do.  Something like JWC's photography gig.

I was actually thinking of his photography business when I wrote that. I think it would be fun.