Spy Shot: 07 Camry interior

Started by ifcar, August 03, 2005, 01:06:06 PM

ifcar

It seems to be featuring some much-needed Solara influence.

TBR

Looks a bit overdone, I'll wait for better pics before I make a final judgement.

ifcar

Here's another, if not a better pic:

Catman

It doesn't look overdone by my perspective.  Looks nice.

bobwill

It looks fine to me.  I don't really care for the current Camry interior, this definately seems better, IMHO.

Shane

It's much improved over the current dash, but car dashes are all starting to look alike, just a blur of rounded domed hoods and centre stacks.  Somebody do something original!  What about a more horizontal style with no centre stack and console ending at gearshift?  

bobwill

QuoteIt's much improved over the current dash, but car dashes are all starting to look alike, just a blur of rounded domed hoods and centre stacks.  Somebody do something original!  What about a more horizontal style with no centre stack and console ending at gearshift?
Toyota tried original with the Echo, Saturn saw the sales success of that vehicle  :lol:  <_< and copied it with the Ion, then Nissan tried doing something similar with the Quest.  I wouldn't exactly call any of them sales leaders in their class. :)

ifcar

QuoteIt's much improved over the current dash, but car dashes are all starting to look alike, just a blur of rounded domed hoods and centre stacks.  Somebody do something original!  What about a more horizontal style with no centre stack and console ending at gearshift?
Sounds like someone wants a minivan. ;)

The current design is used because it prevents crowding of the instruments into one little space like on cars that use the design you mention (now used only by cars with a column-mounted shifter), and it allows for storage compartments. No advantage to not having that, unless you stick in a middle seat.  

BMWDave

I like it...its much classier than the current design, IMO.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

giant_mtb

ifcar

R33 GT-R

looks good from what I can make out
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!