GTO Regeneration:

Started by BMWDave, August 03, 2005, 04:59:18 PM

BMWDave

Pic at the Link

GTO Regeneration: Next-gen Pontiac muscle car reportedly will hit market in '08
BOB GRITZINGER
Posted Date: 8/3/05
What you see in this illustration is a fairly close rendition of what we can expect when the next-generation Pontiac GTO hits the market in 2008. We say ?fairly close? because we?ve seen the super-secret spy photos upon which it is based, and the actual shots show a sleeker, wider, lower and, frankly, far more appealing car.

That?s the good news.

The bad news is General Motors? Aussie division Holden reportedly may not start cranking out these future Goats until 2008, a full two years after production ceases on the 2006 Holden Monaro-based GTO.

One more tidbit: It?s not shown here, but we hear GM is considering doing this GTO as a four-door coupe, using rear-hinged rear-access doors without visible handles.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raza

Ugh...the 04/05 is much nicer.  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ifcar

Now I know what a previous-gen Galant coupe would look like, but where's the pic of the Pontiac's V8 coupe?

Raza

QuoteNow I know what a previous-gen Galant coupe would look like, but where's the pic of the Pontiac's V8 coupe?
It looks like they forced the GTO and the Mustang to have some sick, retarded child.  If this is what the next GTO looks like, it will do far worse than the sleeper look it has now,  and I certainly wouldn't buy one.  If it comes with a ten grand drop in price, then it might be able to compete with the Mustang GT, but if it looks like that, the GT is the winner.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Secret Chimp

I think Mr. Photo Illustrator got the general grille idea and then screwed up that and everything else. I hope the next one doesn't feature the ugly rising-ass character line in the chop.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Tom

GMPenguin

Bad.  Twenty bucks says the front doesn't look anything like that though.

Shane

The lines are more crisp and the front end much more GTO looking.  I think when the actual car is unveiled it's going to be a winner. The current one's lines are too soft...doesn't have much presence.

Catman

I saw an GTO today and it looked good.  I think if they creased the body a little and maybe squared it off a bit it could be better still.

Raza

QuoteI saw an GTO today and it looked good.  I think if they creased the body a little and maybe squared it off a bit it could be better still.
Why square?  Why do you want to square things off?  What's the point of making everything look alike?  If everything becomes retro, where is there forward movement?  My god, car design is becoming a lot like Hollywood.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Catman

QuoteI saw an GTO today and it looked good.  I think if they creased the body a little and maybe squared it off a bit it could be better still.
Why square?  Why do you want to square things off?  What's the point of making everything look alike?  If everything becomes retro, where is there forward movement?  My god, car design is becoming a lot like Hollywood.
I don't mean like a box.

Raza

QuoteI saw an GTO today and it looked good.  I think if they creased the body a little and maybe squared it off a bit it could be better still.
I don't mean like a box.

Like this, not a box?

Or like this?

Retro will kill the industry.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

giant_mtb

Looks like a fucking Cobalt with a body kit.  :angry:  :angry:  

Catman

No retro.  I actually like the shape but there's a little too much 90's going on.  What it needs is the edges of the body to be creased and the airdams to be a little more square.

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raza

QuoteNo retro.  I actually like the shape but there's a little too much 90's going on.  What it needs is the edges of the body to be creased and the airdams to be a little more square.
Too much 90s going on?  The 90s was the last era of at least some original styling.  The '00s have been all retro.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

ifcar

QuoteAn automag rendition:

That's not just the 99 concept?

SJ_GTI

That's not just the 99 concept?
That's an old concept.

The photoshop you guys are seeing is pretty bad. Motortrend has the actual conceptual drawings and they look better, though they are just drawings.

This is just bad photochop work.

Raghavan

GM should build a car like the one Kevin drew in his sig.:praise:

mazda6er

I believe this is what Mtl_A4 is talking about: link
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

ifcar

That looks better than the concept, at least.  

GMPenguin

QuoteGM should build a car like the one Kevin drew in his sig.:praise:
Mine?  Hell f***in yes they should.  It's supposedly 85% true,(for next 'Maro) I didn't draw it, by the way, I wish. :lol:  

Raza

QuoteI believe this is what Mtl_A4 is talking about: link
Well, if you throw up salad and you throw up filet mignon, it all ends up looking the same.

That's still fucking ugly.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

JYODER240

looks like a toy you would get in a happy meal.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

giant_mtb

looks like a toy you would get in a happy meal.
Naw...looks more like a cereal-box toy to me... ^_^

Raghavan

QuoteGM should build a car like the one Kevin drew in his sig.:praise:
Mine?  Hell f***in yes they should.  It's supposedly 85% true,(for next 'Maro) I didn't draw it, by the way, I wish. :lol:
oh, i thought you drew it. still would be a really nice car.

Catman

I like the sport appearance package.

giant_mtb

QuoteI like the sport appearance package.

I would too if there wasn't that cheap-looking black plastic on the bottom.

Catman

QuoteI like the sport appearance package.

I would too if there wasn't that cheap-looking black plastic on the bottom.
The grille looks better.

ifcar

Look at it from any other angle, and the grille looks tacky. I'd take the base version with the scoopless hood, thanks.