Kuwait Buys U.S. Police Vehicles!

Started by Atomic, January 12, 2009, 03:45:36 PM

AutobahnSHO

Interesting.

Almost as interesting as how many Caprices are rolling in Kuwait. We're talking obscene, it had to have been 1 in 30 Kuwaiti-plated cars I saw.
(Majority of Remainder were usually Toyota or MB SUVs, along w/ MB Sedans, small Toyota cars, and really beat up old trucks...)
Will

bing_oh

There was a shortage of Chargers for US LE purchase last year because the Mexican government bought them in large quantities.

AutobahnSHO

Crazy.

Are they that much better than the other Police cars out there??
Will

AltinD

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on January 13, 2009, 02:22:52 PM
Crazy.

No, but you have to obey to the master don't you ... plus the Kuwaiti and Saudi markets have been ruled for long by the US manufacturers (same reason as earlier) but now the others are surpassing them now.

I'm glad the Dubai Police (for the mere visual pleasure, not that I care) abandoned the idea of getting Crown Vics some years ago. The "fuel tank bursting to flame if hit from behind" scandal couldn't have happened in a better time.  :ohyeah:

5er Cruisers rules.  :pullover:

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

hotrodalex

Quote from: AltinD on January 13, 2009, 04:03:20 PM
No, but you have to obey to the master don't you ... plus the Kuwaiti and Saudi markets have been ruled for long by the US manufacturers (same reason as earlier) but now the others are surpassing them now.

I'm glad the Dubai Police (for the mere visual pleasure, not that I care) abandoned the idea of getting Crown Vics some years ago. The "fuel tank bursting to flame if hit from behind" scandal couldn't have happened in a better time.  :ohyeah:

5er Cruisers rules.  :pullover:

I like Crown Vics. They're easy to spot.

TBR

But then you see a civilian CV, think it is a PD one, slam on the brakes, and end up feeling like a douche.

bing_oh

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on January 13, 2009, 02:22:52 PM
Crazy.

The "other police cars out there" pretty much consist of the Crown Vic and the Impala. Impalas are horrible police cars...front wheel drive, insufficient room, etc. The only rear wheel drive police cars available are Crown Vics and Chargers. Crown Vics are, IMHO, underpowered and underperforming cars based on an outdated design...and are scheduled to be phased out by 2012 according to the last info from Ford. The Hemi Chargers, on the other hand, supposedly have some serious power and Dodge stated that they were committed to continued production of it for LE use (at least before the recent crisis in the car industry).

James Young

I think that all police cars should be florescent pink Geo Metros with a continuously lighted pink halo around the roof.  No unmarked cars, no motorcycles.  Bicycles are OK but only if they are florescent pink. 
Freedom is dangerous.  You can either accept the risks that come with it or eventually lose it all step-by-step.  Each step will be justified by its proponents as a minor inconvenience that will help make us all "safer."  Personally, I'd rather have a slightly more dangerous world that respects freedom more. ? The Speed Criminal

the Teuton

I'm a little surprised they didn't buy a whole bunch of locally-made Chevy Luminas out there.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

AltinD

Quote from: the Teuton on January 14, 2009, 11:24:10 AM
I'm a little surprised they didn't buy a whole bunch of locally-made Chevy Luminas out there.

Since when is Kuwait Down Under? :lol:

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

Raza

Quote from: TBR on January 13, 2009, 09:58:02 PM
But then you see a civilian CV, think it is a PD one, slam on the brakes, and end up feeling like a douche.

I blame the drivers of those cars.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Catman

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=17180.msg970510#msg970510 date=1232060130
I blame the drivers of those cars.

I blame Obama.

Raza

Quote from: Catman on January 16, 2009, 07:38:43 PM
I blame Obama.

You would, but that's because you're part of the problem, man!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: James Young on January 14, 2009, 10:12:40 AM
I think that all police cars should be florescent pink Geo Metros with a continuously lighted pink halo around the roof.  No unmarked cars, no motorcycles.  Bicycles are OK but only if they are florescent pink. 

haha

They are pretty crazy looking in Argentina or Japan.

Will

TurboDan

I've noticed a lot of departments around here adding Chargers to their fleets.  I like the CV, as the headlights and taillights make it a dead giveaway, though.