VW sues O.C. Lamborghini for theft

Started by SVT666, January 14, 2009, 01:35:21 PM

SVT666

VW sues OC Lamborghini for ?outright theft? of 54 vehicles

Orange County Lamborghini ? the country?s largest Lamborghini by volume ? mysteriously closed its doors late last year, but a new court document seems to shed a little more light on the situation. Per the court filed document, OC Lamborghini committed the ?outright theft? of 54 Lamborghini vehicles.

The lawsuit ? which was filed by Volkswagen Credit ? claims that OC Lamborghini essentially stole $12 million worth of vehicles by unloading them at heavily discounted prices. VW Credit says OC Lamborghini sold 54 vehicles in just eight days, representing 8 percent of Lamborghini?s total U.S. sales for 2008, according to the OC Register.

OC Lamborghini purchased the vehicles through VW Credit, but the financing company says it never received payment for the cars. Volkswagen owns Lamborghini.

OC Lamborghini owner Vik Keuylian is in even more hot water for shady business practices, including a $3 million lawsuit filed by East-West Bank. The lawsuit claims OC Lamborghini and Keuylian defaulted on a loan by failing to make payments in November and December.

Stephen Cloobeck, owner of Diamond Resorts, is also suing Keuylian for $340,000 ? the amount he says he is owed for the trade-in of his Lamborghini Murcielago. ?They took the car but never gave me the check,? he said.

The lawsuit is definitely a black eye for Lamborghini and VW, but Volkswagen needs to remain focused on opening another Lamborghini dealership in the Los Angeles area. Southern California is one of Lamborghini?s largest markets, and the area is currently operating without a Lamborghini sales or service center.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Didn't the guy who played Bo Duke on the Dukes of Hazzard own a Lambo dealership. It's hard to believe this was the only Lamborghini dealership in Los Angeles.
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Vinsanity

That dealer was right off the freeway on my way to work, and interestingly, not in an ideal location. I was wondering what happened to it.

Quote from: gotta-qik-z28 on January 14, 2009, 02:39:53 PM
Didn't the guy who played Bo Duke on the Dukes of Hazzard own a Lambo dealership. It's hard to believe this was the only Lamborghini dealership in Los Angles.

There's one at least in Beverly Hills, which is about 40 miles away from OC Lamborghini.

NomisR

Quote from: Vinsanity on January 14, 2009, 02:45:51 PM
That dealer was right off the freeway on my way to work, and interestingly, not in an ideal location. I was wondering what happened to it.

There's one at least in Beverly Hills, which is about 40 miles away from OC Lamborghini.

They're both owned by the same owner, Vic Kreuvian.  Same thing as to Lotus/Lamborgini of Calabasas.  All 3 of them are closed.

Vinsanity

Quote from: NomisR on January 14, 2009, 04:02:02 PM
They're both owned by the same owner, Vic Kreuvian.  Same thing as to Lotus/Lamborgini of Calabasas.  All 3 of them are closed.

Ouch. Where am I to purchase my Gallardo Spyder now?  :rage:

I remember there's one at the Venetian Hotel in Vegas and I assume there's one in San Diego. In either case, at least bringing it back home will be fun  :praise:

Tave

There's a Lambo store right next to the Scottsdale airport.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.