sad, but funny (in a morbidly ironic sort of way)

Started by ChrisV, January 15, 2009, 09:22:25 AM

ChrisV

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/4240827/Former-mayor-who-disliked-BMW-drivers-died-in-high-speed-crash.html

"A former mayor with a dislike of drivers of certain German cars was killed in high-speed crash while apparently racing against a BMW."
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

J86

Byteme

Quote from: ChrisV on January 15, 2009, 09:22:25 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/4240827/Former-mayor-who-disliked-BMW-drivers-died-in-high-speed-crash.html

"A former mayor with a dislike of drivers of certain German cars was killed in high-speed crash while apparently racing against a BMW."

Was he ahead or behind when he bought the farm?

NomisR

Sucks for the BMW driver that got involved.  Now he's under investigation for something that's not even his fault.  The guy looked like a douche though.

Cookie Monster

RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

ifcar

Quote from: NomisR on January 15, 2009, 09:53:59 AM
Sucks for the BMW driver that got involved.  Now he's under investigation for something that's not even his fault.  The guy looked like a douche though.

He had no choice but to drive 100 mph on a crowded road?

sportyaccordy

Quote from: ifcar on January 15, 2009, 10:40:10 AM
Sometimes you gotta do what the f#$@ you gotta do - Blajoveich

NomisR

Quote from: ifcar on January 15, 2009, 10:40:10 AM

Hey, if there's this psycho on me, that wouldn't get away, you do what you gotta do.  In hindsight, it could've been handled differently but what would you do if you have a maniac coming after you?

ifcar

Quote from: NomisR on January 15, 2009, 12:15:21 PM
Hey, if there's this psycho on me, that wouldn't get away, you do what you gotta do.  In hindsight, it could've been handled differently but what would you do if you have a maniac coming after you?

Somehow all the other drivers on the road realized that the solution was to slow down rather than speed up.

ChrisV

Quote from: ifcar on January 15, 2009, 12:16:04 PM
Somehow all the other drivers on the road realized that the solution was to slow down rather than speed up.

the "psycho" in question was dialed in on the BMW driver for driving a BMW, as apparently his history was full of him doing. None of the other drivers were being tailgated/messed with.

And again, no one was holding a gun to the mayor's head making him keep up with the faster driver in the apparently much better handling car.

ifcar

Quote from: ChrisV on January 15, 2009, 01:10:15 PM
the "psycho" in question was dialed in on the BMW driver for driving a BMW, as apparently his history was full of him doing. None of the other drivers were being tailgated/messed with.

And again, no one was holding a gun to the mayor's head making him keep up with the faster driver in the apparently much better handling car.

You can't race against someone who isn't racing against you. If Mr. BMW would have just let the crazy moron pass, he wouldn't be in trouble right now.

I'm certainly not saying it wasn't the mayor's own fault he crashed his car. Just that the other driver certainly wasn't an innocent bystander.

NomisR

Quote from: ifcar on January 15, 2009, 12:16:04 PM

Slowing down doesn't always work for people.  Once, I had these assholes that tried to race me (not in the Elise).  Now, I need to change lanes but they just stuck next to me regardless of wether I sped or slowed down.  So I just slowed down.  They got pissed and threw a full bottle of coke at my car and drove off. 

These are the type of psychos are out there, if I can, I'd definitely speed away and call the cops but I was in a lowly automatic Integra. 

ChrisV

Quote from: ifcar on January 15, 2009, 01:15:26 PM
You can't race against someone who isn't racing against you. If Mr. BMW would have just let the crazy moron pass, he wouldn't be in trouble right now.

Dude wasnt trying to "pass." He was trying to be an asshole, as apparently he tended to do in the past.

And the BMW driver is not in trouble now. He was cleared of it, as it was determined to be the other driver's fault.

FoMoJo

Just as well he was killed without killing someone else.  Occasionally I see someone driving like an idiot and hope he takes himself out without killing anyone else.  Too often that's not the case.  I believe it's criminal to put other peoples' live at risk by stupid driving.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."