***Ferrari Fans, Diapers Recommended***

Started by cawimmer430, January 16, 2009, 10:15:22 AM

cawimmer430

And Audi, BMW and Mercedes fans too.  :praise:

BMW M5

Audi RS4 Avant

Porsche 997 Turbo - he should have a sticker at the back saying "I don't brake for nobody!"

Maserati Quattroporte

Ferrari F430 Scuderia

New BMW 730d

Classic '80s Porsche Carrera Cabrio in red, very hot.

Opel GT

Jaguar XK8

Audi S3

Audi S8

Audi S8 or W12, not sure. Cool license plate (S-600). 

BMW Z1

Ferrari Dino???

Slammed (in front) Porsche...

Beautiful Mercedes 280SE 3.5. One of the hottest Benzes ever.   :rockon:

Audi S8

BMW E39 5er Police Cruiser

BMW M3 Coupe

Audi S3 from before...

Hope you liked the pictures.  You better.  :evildude:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Cookie Monster

RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Atomic

Tave

Great photos, as always. Thanks Wimmer.

One suggestion: could you be a little more selective when you create these threads? A lot of those shots are repeats, and even with broadband it takes a long time to load these pages. My connection timed out and I can't even see the last three cars.

Maybe someone else could back me up on this. For example, I don't think we need all three of these:

As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

AltinD

That AUDI is a S8. the W12 have square-like single exaust pipe housing on each side.

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

TBR

Plus it has a different grill and the W12 is LWB only while the S8 is SWB only.

Northlands

Fine photography. I'd take either one of those Porsches. Filthy or not.  :wub:

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

ChrisV

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

the Teuton

I've seen a few 330s in Canton.  I know that car like the back of my...

Well, I don't know...
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

cawimmer430

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Tave on January 16, 2009, 12:47:04 PM
Great photos, as always. Thanks Wimmer.

Thanks.  :cheers:

Quote from: Tave on January 16, 2009, 12:47:04 PMOne suggestion: could you be a little more selective when you create these threads? A lot of those shots are repeats, and even with broadband it takes a long time to load these pages. My connection timed out and I can't even see the last three cars.

Maybe someone else could back me up on this. For example, I don't think we need all three of these:

I know I know, I just get excited when it comes to older and rare MBs like this one and I feel it needs to be seen from "slightly different / changing" perspectives.  :cheers:

I'll make sure to be more selective, but you have to admit that "sequence shots" are pretty neat too.  :ohyeah:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Thanks for all the replies and infos. I got another picture thread coming up ASAP with some more cool cars.  :cheers:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

AutobahnSHO

That red Porsche is my favorite of the 911s..

My wife lusts after that old Benz. But didn't they have color- matched hubcaps, or is that a different year??

I saw a Z1 cruising in the country coming back from Soufflenheim (sp?) France. Sexy little car, really distinctive..

Oh and given the amount of "fake" BMW "M" badges I see around here, I love seeing DEBADGED Ms...   !   :-)

Will

rohan

Great pictures.  but you're in Germany- it's not like the cars you shot are super rare over there.  If you really want to impress us take a picture of a 1986 Oldsmobile Delta 88 or a 1991 Dodge Diplomat.  :lol:

Thanks for sharing them- great photos.
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

Danish

Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

cawimmer430

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on January 17, 2009, 05:30:41 PM
My wife lusts after that old Benz. But didn't they have color- matched hubcaps, or is that a different year??

It depends. Mercedes in those days only really offered two types of hubcaps (those are hubcaps on that 280SE 3.5) and rims. The first type of hubcaps were these body-colored versions. Every Mercedes virtually had them and the color of the body matched the color of the rims.

Some samples:

Then you had these 14" "sporty" rims that MB offered for those that wanted their car to appear sportier. The design of the these rims allowed air to flow through the little slits and cool the brakes. A neat feature.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: rohan on January 17, 2009, 06:32:29 PM
Great pictures.  but you're in Germany- it's not like the cars you shot are super rare over there.  If you really want to impress us take a picture of a 1986 Oldsmobile Delta 88 or a 1991 Dodge Diplomat.  :lol:

Thanks for sharing them- great photos.

Ah, you want more Americans cars! At the next classic car show, I will.  :thumbsup:

Thanks.  ;)

Here are some samples I took a long time ago.  :praise:

Oldsmobile Delta Royale?  :lol: <--- Impressed?  :devil:

Oldsmobile Delta Royale 88?  :lol: <--- DIESEL too!

Some more Oldsmobiles...

Here are all the classic car show threads I posted on GMInsidenews: http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/search.php?searchid=2461144

www.wimmerfotografie.de

AutobahnSHO

:-<

I shoulda given you my SHO to eventually rebuild and keep for me for when I finally get the money to come over on the weekends.... 

Plus you could take it to the carshows-

In the Mannheim area the Germans are used to seeing all kinds of US cars.
Not so much in France and Spain, we had people staring everywhere we went when we drove to the Costa Brava on vacation..
Will

cawimmer430

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on January 18, 2009, 01:04:26 PM
:-<

I shoulda given you my SHO to eventually rebuild and keep for me for when I finally get the money to come over on the weekends.... 

Plus you could take it to the carshows-

In the Mannheim area the Germans are used to seeing all kinds of US cars.
Not so much in France and Spain, we had people staring everywhere we went when we drove to the Costa Brava on vacation..

Why do US Army personnel in Germany bring over American cars anyway? How does it work with spare parts?

www.wimmerfotografie.de

rohan

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 18, 2009, 01:44:56 AM
Ah, you want more Americans cars! At the next classic car show, I will.  :thumbsup:

Thanks.  ;)

Here are some samples I took a long time ago.  :praise:

Oldsmobile Delta Royale?  :lol: <--- Impressed?  :devil:

Oldsmobile Delta Royale 88?  :lol: <--- DIESEL too!

Some more Oldsmobiles...

Holy apeshit- a diesel 88?  Man I'ld LOVE to have that car!

And is that a electric blue Starfire?  My mom and dad had a '64 Starfire- they were killed in that car.  Same exact color to.
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 18, 2009, 02:31:58 PM

Why do US Army personnel in Germany bring over American cars anyway? How does it work with spare parts?

We get to ship one car TO Germany then later back home for "free". So it's sometimes cheaper than trying to sell a car here then buy one there.

The AAFES (Army Air Force Exchance Service) has garages that order from US vendors.
Also I liked Autozone a national parts seller, which now ships to the US "APO" military post offices for free.

But also the local shops can order US parts.
My SHO was special- built May 1991, it was registered w/ US Plates in Germany October 1991- that owner paid a local German Ford dealership to do all the services.

A friend bought it in 2000. He had nothing but problems (it had 150k miles) so sold it to me cheap when he was moving back stateside in 2002. I did a little work then drove it hard on the Autobahn, then had a few electrical problems. I SHOULD HAVE changed out the rod/crankshaft bearings (recommended every 100k miles) but didn't so it went BOOM w/ 172k miles..    People on teh SHO forum offered a free "short block" but it was going to be $800+ to ship and I would have had to install it, and the wife was pregnant and bitching, etc...
Will

cawimmer430

Quote from: rohan on January 18, 2009, 04:21:21 PM
Holy apeshit- a diesel 88?  Man I'ld LOVE to have that car!

I was wondering if that thing was real or just a gimmick. I mean it could be a 350cid V8 too and the owner just put those "Diesel" badges at the rear for the heck of it.  :lol:

Quote from: rohan on January 18, 2009, 04:21:21 PMAnd is that a electric blue Starfire?  My mom and dad had a '64 Starfire- they were killed in that car.  Same exact color to.

Buddy, you're the American car expert here, not me.  :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on January 18, 2009, 09:00:29 PM
We get to ship one car TO Germany then later back home for "free". So it's sometimes cheaper than trying to sell a car here then buy one there.

The AAFES (Army Air Force Exchance Service) has garages that order from US vendors.
Also I liked Autozone a national parts seller, which now ships to the US "APO" military post offices for free.

But also the local shops can order US parts.
My SHO was special- built May 1991, it was registered w/ US Plates in Germany October 1991- that owner paid a local German Ford dealership to do all the services.

A friend bought it in 2000. He had nothing but problems (it had 150k miles) so sold it to me cheap when he was moving back stateside in 2002. I did a little work then drove it hard on the Autobahn, then had a few electrical problems. I SHOULD HAVE changed out the rod/crankshaft bearings (recommended every 100k miles) but didn't so it went BOOM w/ 172k miles..    People on teh SHO forum offered a free "short block" but it was going to be $800+ to ship and I would have had to install it, and the wife was pregnant and bitching, etc...

Ah, thanks for the information.  :ohyeah:

Is it true you guys also get a discount at the pumps? My sister told me that her US Army friends have to pay "American fuel prices" at German gas stations. Lucky bastards!  :evildude:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 19, 2009, 01:22:30 PM
Ah, thanks for the information.  :ohyeah:

Is it true you guys also get a discount at the pumps? My sister told me that her US Army friends have to pay "American fuel prices" at German gas stations. Lucky bastards!  :evildude:

It's close to the US price. It's SUPPOSED to be an average of US gas prices, but it seems like it's always higher.
We can buy "fuel coupons" to use at SOME German gas stations. They also have different ones for Italy or Belgium. AND AAFES has their own gas stations on most US bases.

Looks like it's currently $1.93/gal and $2.22/gal premium.
That's $.52/L and $.58/L

http://www.wiesbaden.army.mil/sites/news/AAFESFuelPrices.htm

Before 9/11 the gate to the gastation in Mannheim (off B38) was open- and they used to have to wave Germans away all the time...
Will

AutobahnSHO

PS-
As long as we have valid US licenses, we take a written test and get a US Army Europe license, good most places in Europe, free.   :-o

I had to pay $15 for the safety (TUV) inspection each year.

Plus insurance was possibly less than you pay. 

:-)

Blame the Nazis- if they hadn't been nutz and gotten beat down, we wouldn't have invaded.
((BUT we are slowly but steadily pulling troops OUT permanently of beautiful Deutschland...))
Will

cawimmer430

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on January 20, 2009, 03:54:02 PM
PS-
As long as we have valid US licenses, we take a written test and get a US Army Europe license, good most places in Europe, free.   :-o

I had to pay $15 for the safety (TUV) inspection each year.

Plus insurance was possibly less than you pay. 

:-)

Blame the Nazis- if they hadn't been nutz and gotten beat down, we wouldn't have invaded.
((BUT we are slowly but steadily pulling troops OUT permanently of beautiful Deutschland...))

:tounge:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

hounddog

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 19, 2009, 01:21:22 PM
I was wondering if that thing was real or just a gimmick. I mean it could be a 350cid V8 too and the owner just put those "Diesel" badges at the rear for the heck of it.  :lol:
My mom had one of the later ones, it was a redesigned 350 gaser that GM turned into a smoker.  They were fine, but people thought you could drive them to the store and turn them off, then get in and drive it a few blocks back home.  They gummed up and died.  Most people just went to the junk yard and threw in a replacement 305 gasser(or 307 I do not remember) because they went right in.

Ours had somewhere around 150,000 when my folks had it rebuilt.  They ran it for another 50,000+ and sold it.  My mom swears she still sees it around town. 
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

cawimmer430

Quote from: hounddog on January 21, 2009, 11:11:47 PM
My mom had one of the later ones, it was a redesigned 350 gaser that GM turned into a smoker.  They were fine, but people thought you could drive them to the store and turn them off, then get in and drive it a few blocks back home.  They gummed up and died.  Most people just went to the junk yard and threw in a replacement 305 gasser(or 307 I do not remember) because they went right in.

Ours had somewhere around 150,000 when my folks had it rebuilt.  They ran it for another 50,000+ and sold it.  My mom swears she still sees it around town. 

So the "short trips" are one of the major factors that made the 350cid V8 diesel so problematic? Sounds "very American".  :lol:  :devil:

I had American classmates who told me they would hop into their Ford Explorers, drive down the block to a 7/11, pick up some Diet Coke and drive back up the block home. I guess the engine never had a chance to warm up!  :thumbsup:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

hounddog

Never had a chance to warm up, which is a killer. 
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.