$35000 Fiero

Started by Cookie Monster, January 21, 2009, 11:07:02 AM

Cookie Monster

:pullover: :mask:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/996500669.html

I wonder if it's actually worth that much. Cool to see that it's 21 years old and has 200 miles on it though.

It's never been titled though...
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

giant_mtb

To a Fiero enthusiast, I'm sure 35K for a brand new one is a steal.

NomisR

Quote from: giant_mtb on January 21, 2009, 11:44:56 AM

You mean like the hordes of Swift enthusiasts out there?

Actually, I take that back, there's probably more a lot more Fierro enthusiasts than Swift enthusiasts.

SVT_Power

Quote from: NomisR on January 21, 2009, 12:29:27 PM

Actually, I take that back, there's probably more a lot more Fierro enthusiasts than Swift enthusiasts.

:lol:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Danish

You'd think they would add pics.....
Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Cookie Monster

Quote from: giant_mtb on January 21, 2009, 11:44:56 AM
Except that the suspension, tires, brakes, and likely engine and transmission are all shot from sitting for 20 years...
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Catman

Quote from: thecarnut on January 21, 2009, 03:19:06 PM
Except that the suspension, tires, brakes, and likely engine and transmission are all shot from sitting for 20 years...

It all depends how they stored it.  All they would need to do is run it occasionally.  I doubt it has any serious issues.

Soup DeVille

Valve springs would be my only real worry, and those are relatively easily replaced.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Raza

I don't think it was worth that much back then.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: NomisR on January 21, 2009, 12:29:27 PM

Yup, and Camry enthusiasts far outnumber Elise enthusiasts.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

cawimmer430

Quote from: NACar on January 22, 2009, 03:27:41 PM
Yup, and Camry enthusiasts far outnumber Elise enthusiasts.

How disgraceful.

What's so fascinating about a Camry and its leather-equipped cousin, the ES?  :mask:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 22, 2009, 03:48:14 PM
How disgraceful.

What's so fascinating about a Camry and its leather-equipped cousin, the ES?  :mask:

The hordes of people who buy them think they are the greatest things since sliced bread. I'd say they are pretty enthusiastic.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Raza  on January 22, 2009, 02:47:46 PM
I don't think it was worth that much back then.

It wasn't, in fact they were unloaded pretty quickly and pretty cheaply when the fire scare happened.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Soup DeVille

Quote from: NACar on January 22, 2009, 03:52:14 PM
The hordes of people who buy them think they are the greatest things since sliced bread. I'd say they are pretty enthusiastic.

They're also generally the type to get excited about sliced bread in the first place, so it all evens out.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Soup DeVille on January 22, 2009, 03:54:02 PM
They're also generally the type to get excited about sliced bread in the first place, so it all evens out.

The next thing they're going to come out with is electronically controlled bread. Camry people will love it, but real bread enthusiasts will be disappointed.

NomisR

giant_mtb

How do you figure?  Okay, sure the tires may be rotted...but...suspension?  Please don't tell me you mean it would be shot from sitting for 20 years.  EVERY car is 'sitting' with all its weight at all times...why is that any different?  In fact, it's probably in better shape than it would be if it had been driven.  Engine?  Transmission?  That's like saying my mom's 20 year old 10-speed's rear sprocket is mysteriously going to snap off from sitting in the garage for years.  Oh, wait...clean it, lube it, and it's good as new.  Basically the same with an engine.  Change the oil, coolant, etc...should run pristinely.

Where's your logic here?  Brakes?  Explain that one to me, plz.

Plus, if they really liked this car enough to store it for so long and sell it as such, they probably took decent care of it.  Assuming, that is.

JWC

Quote from: giant_mtb on January 23, 2009, 06:28:54 PM
How do you figure?  Okay, sure the tires may be rotted...but...suspension?  Please don't tell me you mean it would be shot from sitting for 20 years.  EVERY car is 'sitting' with all its weight at all times...why is that any different?  In fact, it's probably in better shape than it would be if it had been driven.  Engine?  Transmission?  That's like saying my mom's 20 year old 10-speed's rear sprocket is mysteriously going to snap off from sitting in the garage for years.  Oh, wait...clean it, lube it, and it's good as new.  Basically the same with an engine.  Change the oil, coolant, etc...should run pristinely.

Plus, if they really liked this car enough to store it for so long and sell it as such, they probably took decent care of it.  Assuming, that is.

Shocks and struts would suffer, well on that car, struts.  I bought a VW that had only been driven a few thousand miles over a five year period, but had new shocks.  Within a couple of months two of the shocks were leaking.

3.0L V6

Anything with rubber or that uses gaskets/seals may be prone to leak. Transmission seals, rear main gasket on the engine, valve cover gaskets, etc. Hoses are a weak point also, as well as CV boots and whatnot.

280Z Turbo

Quote from: NACar on January 22, 2009, 03:59:43 PM
The next thing they're going to come out with is electronically controlled bread. Camry people will love it, but real bread enthusiasts will be disappointed.

At least it wouldn't spoil.

Rupert

Haha, that car's in Lynden. Everyone I've met from there is jeezus-y and married before they were 20. Weird place, that.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Onslaught

Seals dry up and go bad. Rubber parts get old regardless if they sit around or are in use. Cars that sit around and never get used go to shit rather fast I find.

And on a side note. I would NEVER pay this much for one of these things. Crazy if you ask me.