Kia announces Rio pricing

Started by ifcar, August 04, 2005, 07:28:39 PM

ifcar

Kia Motors America (KMA) today announced pricing for its all-new 2006 Rio four-door sedan and Rio5 five-door. Arriving at dealerships nationwide in mid-August, the Rio sedan will have a starting manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of $10,570 while the Rio5 five-door will start at $13,500. The new Rio sedan and Rio5 five-door feature best-in-class interior room and a class-leading six standard airbags - dual advanced front airbags, front seat-mounted side airbags and front/rear side curtain airbags - making it the lowest priced vehicle on the market to offer six standard airbags.  Both Rios feature a more powerful 110-horsepower DOHC 1.6-liter engine with Continuously Variable Valve Timing (CVVT) while delivering up to a 20-percent improvement in fuel economy over its predecessor.

giant_mtb

Sounds like an incredible deal to me.

BMWDave

You could get an Aveo for less.  Ifcar, how do you think this will compare to the Aveo?  Do you know any more details about the car?

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ifcar

You can get an Aveo for less, but it looks as though the Rio will have more standard equipment (at least on the safety front, no side airbags at all on the Aveo). It will probably be a better car as well, from the sheer benefit of being newer, and will have its warranty.

I think the Rio5 is a bit overpriced though, there is no price difference between the Aveo hatch and sedan. Perhaps the hatchback has additional standard equipment.

bobwill

QuoteYou can get an Aveo for less, but it looks as though the Rio will have more standard equipment (at least on the safety front, no side airbags at all on the Aveo). It will probably be a better car as well, from the sheer benefit of being newer, and will have its warranty.

I think the Rio5 is a bit overpriced though, there is no price difference between the Aveo hatch and sedan. Perhaps the hatchback has additional standard equipment.
20% increase in gas mileage.  Sounds good to me!  That's been one criticism I've had, the tiny subcompacts have had only the slightest increase in gas mileage over their larger compact brethren.

TBR

That is largely because the manufacturers that build subcompacts have been behind in engine technology.

Tom

The hatch costs $3,000 more.  Wtf?

Raza

QuoteThe hatch costs $3,000 more.  Wtf?
That extra sheetmetal costs alot.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ifcar

QuoteThe hatch costs $3,000 more.  Wtf?
If it's the same setup as the Spectra5 vs. Spectra sedan, the hatch will have additional standard features.