What have you owned that you're sorry you sold?

Started by Byteme, January 27, 2009, 07:44:53 AM

Onslaught

Quote from: Tave on January 27, 2009, 02:19:37 PM
I gave my NES and SNES to my little cousins. Still regret that.
You know where they live?

Tave

Quote from: Onslaught on January 27, 2009, 02:27:05 PM
You know where they live?

In Texas.

They probably tossed them in the garbage when they got their Xbox 360. :banghead:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

CJ

The Rodeo.  It was a piece, but it was our piece.  My dad bought it on my 7th birthday.

Eye of the Tiger

SRT-4 :cry:
V-Star :cry:
Samurai #1 :cry:
Civic #2 :cry:
Ranger :cry:
Focus :cry:
V8Q :cry:
'st33m?  :huh:
Skylark :cry:
Duster :cry:
:cry:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Cookie Monster

RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Onslaught

Quote from: thecarnut on January 27, 2009, 03:54:58 PM
I got a PS2 and didn't want it anymore. :cry:
If you get a Wii you can download many N64 games now.

YO

BILLIONS AND BILLIONS SERVED
MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

RACING DOMINATION at the highest level...6 Time F1 Constructors Champion, 5 Time F1 Drivers Champion, 3 Time CART Constructors Champion, 6 Time CART Drivers Champion and two consecutive International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) International Sedan Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive IMSA International Sedan Drivers' Championships,three consecutive Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive Drivers' Championships in the prestigious IMSA Camel GTP Lights series  ....current 4 TIME INDY Constructors Champion AND Drivers Champion?10 Time SCCA World Challenge Champions... .Home to the Worlds Greatest Drivers and Riders past, present and future...

Rich

2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

NomisR

Quote from: ChrisV on January 27, 2009, 12:41:44 PM
Yeah, Ken came over and test drove it around Seattle. He drove off and somewhere in the mountains of Colorado, was heavy footing it way up in altitude and blew out the power valve in the Holley carb (something about the lower air pressure up there. Typical of carbed cars that need to be tuned specifically for the altitude they will be used at). I went and picked him and the car up in Colorado and delivered him and the car to his house in Chicago. Instead of fixing the carb and driving it around, he changed the carb out for a smaller one, and had the engine rebuilt by a local engine rebuilder. When it didn't run like it had for me (and like it ran when he test drove it), he blamed ME. Maybe the negine was rebuilt poorly, I don't know. I do know that the carb was specially built by a friend of mine specifically for high G force loading and high rpm flow (the "correct" sized carb I had on it originally didn't flow above 5000 rpm and made teh car slow, so maybe that happened to him).

Anyhow, he took it with him to the east coast, and another rbp'er took a ride in it and commented on how hard and fast it cornered and ran. He finally sold it to some kid in Florida that got a few tickets in it, and was forced to sell it again. A guy in Louisiana bought it and added it to his collection. After that I lost track of it. I have been trying to get people to keep an eye out for it, just in case the opportunity to buy it back comes up.

Wow, I can't believe you kept track of it for so long.  Would you ever build another one like it if you have the chance?

NomisR

Quote from: Raza  on January 27, 2009, 02:12:12 PM
I technically never sold anything (I also technically never owned anything), but I do miss the Porsche terribly.

Get yourself an Elise

FlatBlackCaddy

My EVO IX, amazing car.

Also i miss my old MX-6 alittle, simply because i bought it for a thousand dollars because it had a transmision pop out issue. Turned out there was no fluid in it because the drain plug was gone, i drove it around for a few days before i put it up in the air and noticed this. Bought a plug, filled it up and it had no issues. Was a nice car, loaded with leather V6 5 speed a really nice deep titanium color with black interior. One of if not the best handling FWD cars i've had the plesure of owning/driving.

Onslaught

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on January 27, 2009, 04:59:28 PM
My EVO IX, amazing car.

Also i miss my old MX-6 alittle, simply because i bought it for a thousand dollars because it had a transmision pop out issue. Turned out there was no fluid in it because the drain plug was gone, i drove it around for a few days before i put it up in the air and noticed this. Bought a plug, filled it up and it had no issues. Was a nice car, loaded with leather V6 5 speed a really nice deep titanium color with black interior. One of if not the best handling FWD cars i've had the plesure of owning/driving.
I should have got my Aunt's when she sold hers. Not a scratch on the car and it was like new. Only reason I didn't do it was because it was a auto.

the Teuton

Quote from: NACar on January 27, 2009, 03:38:15 PM
SRT-4 :cry:
V-Star :cry:
Samurai #1 :cry:
Civic #2 :cry:
Ranger :cry:
Focus :cry:
V8Q :cry:
'st33m?  :huh:
Skylark :cry:
Duster :cry:
:cry:

You're just a depressing trainwreck of cars.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Raza

Quote from: HotRodPilot on January 27, 2009, 04:43:30 PM
The  Cavalier

Is that you?  I remember some guy from C&D who had a Cavalier named Rich, but I wasn't sure that you were the same guy.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: the Teuton on January 27, 2009, 05:15:34 PM
You're just a depressing trainwreck of cars.

You're a depressing train wreck of car. :evildude:

the Teuton

Quote from: NACar on January 27, 2009, 05:18:36 PM
You're a depressing train wreck of car. :evildude:

Your life is like meeting 16 women who you were really attracted to, got to know and date, and found out they were all psycho bitches who stole your money and screwed your best friend.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

NomisR

Quote from: the Teuton on January 27, 2009, 05:20:59 PM
Your life is like meeting 16 women who you were really attracted to, got to know and date, and found out they were all psycho bitches who stole your money and screwed your best friend.

He seems to like fat and ugly chicks too

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: the Teuton on January 27, 2009, 05:20:59 PM

Cars don't hurt as much.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: NomisR on January 27, 2009, 05:22:07 PM
He seems to like fat and ugly chicks too

You seem to like anorexic crack head chicks with small boobs and no teeth.

NomisR

Quote from: NACar on January 27, 2009, 05:24:46 PM

Skinning chicks don't weight as much, small boobs don't suffocate me, and no teeth = good BJ

the Teuton

Quote from: NACar on January 27, 2009, 05:24:46 PM

But they seem to give him a hell of a ride for the money. ;)

FlatBlackCaddy

My old 944 would be another one, it was a non turbo but it still moved pretty good and handled great.

sportyaccordy

First Maxima... I would probably still have it. I crashed it, and thought it was totalled... really I just didn't know anything about cars then. I could have fixed it and kept it going w/a little patience & money. It was such a great car at the time, black on black leather, 5 spd, sunroof... it was great. For my next car I'm not gonna compromise.

Payman

:(  It was exactly like this one, except for the wheels.

Rich

Quote from: Raza  on January 27, 2009, 05:18:06 PM
Is that you?  I remember some guy from C&D who had a Cavalier named Rich, but I wasn't sure that you were the same guy.

Yeah, that thing was bulletproof.  I railed on it.

And it would let me have a really impractical car to go along with it since I would already have a beater sedan.  Super cheap to keep going too, with all the Cavaliers in the junkyards.

Didn't really care for driving it, but it would have been nice to have an already paid for beater car that was reliable, and that I couldn't give a shit if it got another door ding or something similar
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

Raza

Quote from: HotRodPilot on January 27, 2009, 07:39:04 PM
Yeah, that thing was bulletproof.  I railed on it.

And it would let me have a really impractical car to go along with it since I would already have a beater sedan.  Super cheap to keep going too, with all the Cavaliers in the junkyards.

Didn't really care for driving it, but it would have been nice to have an already paid for beater car that was reliable, and that I couldn't give a shit if it got another door ding or something similar

Ha!  I've had your AIM SN for years.  I forgot who you were.  Sorry pal.

You used to be idrivecavalier or something like that, right?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Payman

Black '92 NX2000. Terrific little car. Sold it 3 yrs ago 'cause I needed the money at the time.  :cry:

280Z Turbo

My 9000 Turbo. It was in good shape, for $650. If I had known then what I know now, I could have fixed it. It was really roomy, comfortable, and powerful.

Onslaught

Quote from: Payman on January 27, 2009, 07:57:20 PM

Black '92 NX2000. Terrific little car. Sold it 3 yrs ago 'cause I needed the money at the time.  :cry:
I always liked those.

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA