The be like 2o6 and ChrisV thread!

Started by 2o6, January 28, 2009, 09:43:48 PM

omicron

1. It's a Citroen. Citroens are awesome. Full stop.

2. It has a reverse-angle rear window, and only marvellous cars have those (Ford Anglia, 1958-60 Lincoln Continental Mark III/IV/V, Mercury Monterey etc.).

2o6

Citroen Ami: (Love that car)

1. The "Breezeway" style reverse c-piller is awesome and unique

2. It's 2CV based so it's easy to fix.

Payman

1. It'll scare small children and elderly pedestrians out of your way.

2. Gives you a great excuse to wear that beret and striped shirt.

3. Terrific platform for a Hayabusa swap. Make the local ricerboys cry.

93JC

the Teuton

1) It looks better than the Aurora Safety Car

2) The people who made it most likely had crepes on their lunch break
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

the Teuton

Quote from: 93JC on January 29, 2009, 08:18:33 AM
:nono:

I meant North Americans in general.  You guys had the Firefly, though.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

SVT666

Quote from: ChrisV on January 29, 2009, 05:51:27 AM
Citroen Ami 6

1. The front end looks like the Ultimate Warrior's face
2. It was only sold in Europe.

SVT666

Quote from: the Teuton on January 29, 2009, 08:19:45 AM
We had the Geo Metro as well.

hotrodalex

Quote from: Payman on January 29, 2009, 07:44:19 AM
1. It'll scare small children and elderly pedestrians out of your way.

Crap you took my first answer. :lol:

1. It's as unique as you can get, you will never see another one when you drive it around town.

2. It has a stylish wheel vent/indent behind the front wheels. Only the coolest cars have those.

sportyaccordy

Chevy APV- the V stands for vacuum, as in it makes a great tool to clean up dead leaves. Also, in the snow, your kids can ride sleds down its nose.

the Teuton

Admit it, if they made a Z34 Lumina APV, you'd consider getting it.

Byteme

Citroen Ami 6

Two biggest virtues?

1.  It's not in my driveway.

2.  I'll have to get back to you on #2. 

:lol:

ChrisV

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Byteme

Well, that's the best I've got for that car.   :lol:

sportyaccordy

Quote from: the Teuton on January 29, 2009, 10:57:29 AM
Admit it, if they made a Z34 Lumina APV, you'd consider getting it.
Lumina APV Euro with the Roof Luggage package?

93JC

Quote from: 2o6 on January 28, 2009, 10:03:20 PM
Chevrolet Lumina APV

1. Better than most of its competitors in almost every quantifiable way, particularly the Dodge Caravan/Plymouth Voyager sales leaders. Bigger and more powerful than those two, but similar fuel economy. You could also get seven bucket seats vs. the two buckets and two benches in most minivans of the time, making it very versatile. Need to carry six people, but need a little more cargo room? Take out only one of the back seats.

2. Not as miserable to drive as one might think; you get used to the big, long nose. It was radically raked at the time, but compared to most modern minivans it's not particularly long and awkward.

(and just so we're clear I'm not a total Lumina APV homer, it handled like a boat, had shitty brakes, and many of the interior bits weren't put together well)

93JC

Quote from: the Teuton on January 29, 2009, 08:19:45 AM

We got the second-gen Chevrolet Turbo Sprint and Pontiac Turbo Firefly too. :praise:

Vinsanity

My sister-in-law learned to drive in one of those anteater vans her mom had when she was 16. I felt bad for her.

Speed_Racer

Citroen Ami 6:
1. It's got ridiculous ground clearance and suspension articulation IIRC
2. Really easy to work on.

Raza

Quote from: omicron on January 29, 2009, 06:38:28 AM
1. It's a Citroen. Citroens are awesome. Full stop.

2. It has a reverse-angle rear window, and only marvellous cars have those (Ford Anglia, 1958-60 Lincoln Continental Mark III/IV/V, Mercury Monterey etc.).

I'm right here with you.  Citroens, especially older Citroens, are fantastic to look at.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

sportyaccordy

Chris is more militant in his acceptance of mediocre cars.

"I HAD A CAVALIER Z24 WITH 3 WHEELS, AND IT MADE FOR SOME OF THE MOST EXCITING DRIVES IN MY LIFE DAMN IT!!!!"

Soup DeVille

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on January 29, 2009, 03:49:53 AM
I always kinda liked that car when I was young.  I remember seeing a few here, only it was called a Trans Sport...

It was here too. The same vehicle was sold as the Pontiac Trans Sport, the Chevy Lumina APV, and the Oldsmobile Silhoutte. (Am I missing one?)
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Soup DeVille

Citroen Ami 6

1.You'll never run into the problem of getting into the wrong car by mistake at your local mall parking lot.

2.Park one at a car show, and you'll get more double takes than that dude with the 1000 HP Camaro.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Soup DeVille on January 29, 2009, 03:01:05 PM
It was here too. The same vehicle was sold as the Pontiac Trans Sport, the Chevy Lumina APV, and the Oldsmobile Silhoutte. (Am I missing one?)

The Buick Terrorizer. It didn't sell very well.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

S204STi

Quote from: sandertheshark on January 28, 2009, 10:10:45 PM

2.  The front seat reclines way back so you can beat your kids while driving.

lmfao!

sandertheshark

Citroen Ami 6

1. It will frighten away small children.

2. Provides many hilarious moments watching your passengers trying to get out.

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

3.0L V6

1. It had a decently powered 4 banger (2.2L) and a 5-speed. The 3.4L V6 had some get up and go, even though it was coupled to an automatic.

2. It was the best looking of the GM N-body cars. It was decent looking in general. Compared with Grand Am and Malibu, it was pretty stylish.

hotrodalex

1. One of the best Oldsmobile, or even GM, cars in a long time when it came out

2. Wasn't it one of the most reliable cars from those years?

2o6

1. It took the decent proportions of the Grand Am and removed the tacky cladding.

2. It could be had with an MT shift, and the 2.2 ecotec in later models is reliable and fuel efficient.