VW BlueSport Concept

Started by Galaxy, February 01, 2009, 12:17:52 PM

Raza

Looks awesome.  If they made it, I would save my pennies until I could afford one.

But they won't make it.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT666

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=17409.msg985925#msg985925 date=1233554228
Looks awesome.  If they made it, I would save my pennies until I could afford one.

But they won't make it.
You need to make a list of all the cars you want and in order of preference because I don't know which you would buy first if you could save all your pennies.

S204STi

Quote from: the Teuton on February 01, 2009, 12:23:22 PM

Too far of a stretch?

It looks very production ready.  I like it.

Not if it looks like that!

I expected to see Adam West hopping out of it wearing a cape.

NomisR

Quote from: Galaxy on February 01, 2009, 12:41:47 PM
In an interview, the head of R&D at VW said they want to tarket the MX-5. That probably means at least slightly more expensive then an MX-5.

Why would they target the MX5?  It's not a real big market.  The Miata only sells 500 units a month if that.

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on February 02, 2009, 07:58:24 AM
You need to make a list of all the cars you want and in order of preference because I don't know which you would buy first if you could save all your pennies.

That could take a lifetime. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Galaxy

Two German auto magazines Autobild and Auto Motor und Sport are now reporting that this has been green lighted. However it will not arrive before the 2nd half of 2012.

Besides the VW version their will definitely be an Audi version, possibly called R4, which will allow Audi to position the TT higher as a more direct competitor to the Z4. A ?koda and a Seat version are also being calculated.

According to Autobild Porsche also wants to use this plattform to slot an entry roadster and coup? in below the Boxster, which is supposed to cost around ?35.000.

Galaxy

Quote from: NomisR on February 02, 2009, 11:23:04 AM
Why would they target the MX5?  It's not a real big market.  The Miata only sells 500 units a month if that.

Audi and VW could possibly sell much more then that. Besides the beauty of this is that it will not cost much to produce since most of the components are sourced from the Polo and Golf.

Sigma Projects

I smell failure like the MR-S.  Probably could run circles around the MX-5/Solstice, but probably is less convenient than the solstice.
RAs, the last of the RWD Celicas

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: Galaxy on April 02, 2009, 06:41:11 AM
Two German auto magazines Autobild and Auto Motor und Sport are now reporting that this has been green lighted. However it will not arrive before the 2nd half of 2012.

Besides the VW version their will definitely be an Audi version, possibly called R4, which will allow Audi to position the TT higher as a more direct competitor to the Z4. A Škoda and a Seat version are also being calculated.

According to Autobild Porsche also wants to use this plattform to slot an entry roadster and coup? in below the Boxster, which is supposed to cost around €35.000.

Great news!  Though wouldn't the Audi version take sales from the TT?  Either way, bring it on.