GLASS BOTTLE GOT SHOT!

Started by YO, February 01, 2009, 08:25:59 PM

YO

BILLIONS AND BILLIONS SERVED
MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

RACING DOMINATION at the highest level...6 Time F1 Constructors Champion, 5 Time F1 Drivers Champion, 3 Time CART Constructors Champion, 6 Time CART Drivers Champion and two consecutive International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) International Sedan Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive IMSA International Sedan Drivers' Championships,three consecutive Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive Drivers' Championships in the prestigious IMSA Camel GTP Lights series  ....current 4 TIME INDY Constructors Champion AND Drivers Champion?10 Time SCCA World Challenge Champions... .Home to the Worlds Greatest Drivers and Riders past, present and future...

FlatBlackCaddy

This thread makes about as much sense as a V6 powered fwd based awd flagship luxury car.

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

sportyaccordy

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on February 01, 2009, 08:27:44 PM
This thread makes about as much sense as a V6 powered fwd based awd flagship luxury car.
TL looks like armored truck + sentinel comic book character, not exactly what I think of in a flagship or attractive car

YO

TL is not the flagship... that would be the RL...

FYI... Acura has a press conference at the Chicago auto show on the 11th, to talk about 2 new vehicles... hopefully that "flaghip" thing will be addressed

Quote from: sportyaccordy on February 01, 2009, 08:34:57 PM
TL looks like armored truck + sentinel comic book character, not exactly what I think of in a flagship or attractive car
MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

RACING DOMINATION at the highest level...6 Time F1 Constructors Champion, 5 Time F1 Drivers Champion, 3 Time CART Constructors Champion, 6 Time CART Drivers Champion and two consecutive International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) International Sedan Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive IMSA International Sedan Drivers' Championships,three consecutive Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive Drivers' Championships in the prestigious IMSA Camel GTP Lights series  ....current 4 TIME INDY Constructors Champion AND Drivers Champion?10 Time SCCA World Challenge Champions... .Home to the Worlds Greatest Drivers and Riders past, present and future...

Eye of the Tiger

FlatBlackCaddy

I'm sure acura(honda) will pull a 400HP V8 and a large rwd platform out of its ass for this new flagship

*rolleyes*

Hyundai has surpassed Acura when it comes to offering a V8 RWD full size luxury car.

YO

why not? Honda isn't hurting

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on February 01, 2009, 08:40:42 PM
I'm sure acura(honda) will pull a 400HP V8 and a large rwd platform out of its ass for this new flagship

*rolleyes*

Hyundai has surpassed Acura when it comes to offering a V8 RWD full size luxury car.
MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

sportyaccordy

Quote from: YO on February 01, 2009, 08:37:40 PM

FYI... Acura has a press conference at the Chicago auto show on the 11th, to talk about 2 new vehicles... hopefully that "flaghip" thing will be addressed

From what I knwo the TL offers everything the RL does, albeit in an even UGLIER package for less money. I see it as the flagship

giant_mtb

The TL is the ugliest goddamn thing on the road.  Whoever let the design through should be tortured.

YO

you'd have to drive them both to understand.  RL is more refined with more toys ie CMBS, better stereo, better seats, classier traditional interior, tri/window shades, drop rear headrests,  and a more aggresive SH-AWD set up. The RL wins the majority of head to heads it's in, unlike the TL.

Quote from: sportyaccordy on February 01, 2009, 09:04:22 PM
From what I knwo the TL offers everything the RL does, albeit in an even UGLIER package for less money. I see it as the flagship
MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

Submariner

Quote from: YO on February 01, 2009, 08:37:40 PM

Because nothing makes more sense than placing a vehicle above the two generations of fail known as the RL
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

YO

Quote from: Submariner on February 01, 2009, 09:13:01 PM
Because nothing makes more sense than placing a vehicle above the two generations of fail known as the RL
MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

Submariner

2o6

The RL is nice. Not nice for the price, but nice nonetheless.

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Eye of the Tiger

YO

Come on... the 99 face lift had some life...

Quote from: Submariner on February 01, 2009, 09:16:09 PM
You would make a fantastic defense lawyer. 
MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

Submariner

Quote from: YO on February 01, 2009, 09:22:58 PM
Come on... the 99 face lift had some life...

Joan River's plastic surgery of a similar vintage was described similarly...and look how that turned out.

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

Raza

The TL is so ugly it should be illegal.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Rupert

Is the TL the one with the commercials where someone punches a block of wood and the car comes out?

Speed_Racer

Quote from: NACar on February 01, 2009, 08:40:18 PM
SUZUKI SWIFT ROX!

And at least it doesn't sport the new Acura "beak". Squakk!

sportyaccordy

Quote from: YO on February 01, 2009, 09:07:11 PM
you'd have to drive them both to understand.  RL is more refined with more toys ie CMBS, better stereo, better seats, classier traditional interior, tri/window shades, drop rear headrests,  and a more aggresive SH-AWD set up. The RL wins the majority of head to heads it's in, unlike the TL.

Part of driving a car is being able to see it and say 'wow that looks like a nice car, i want to drive that'

TL fails that test wholeheartedly

Sad to say, there is no Acura out now I would want to own.

BimmerM3

Quote from: 2o6 on February 01, 2009, 09:19:07 PM
The RL is nice. Not nice for the price, but nice nonetheless.

I remember being impressed with the interior when I sat in one at the Atlanta Autoshow several years back.

Quote from: sportyaccordy on February 02, 2009, 06:30:17 AM
Sad to say, there is no Acura out now I would want to own.

I'd consider the TSX if I couldn't afford a G35 or 3er and I needed 4 doors.

r0tor

The TL deserved to be shot more then the glass bottle
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Northlands

:loopy:

I've been driving Hondas for a long time, and driven a number of TL's in the past ( company vehicles ) , but this latest iteration is by far the strangest looking I have ever seen. Hell, probably the strangest looking car of all brands for the past couple of years.  To me it looks kind of robotic or like a combat kit was stuck on the front.  :lol:

I have no doubts about its stated performance that several rags have touted that it has ( I haven't driven one yet myself ), but I just find the styling direction they've taken has become a little...er...odd.

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

TBR

Quote from: BimmerM3 on February 02, 2009, 07:14:38 AM
I'd consider the TSX if I couldn't afford a G35 or 3er and I needed 4 doors.

I would have bought the last one, but I don't think I could stand to look at the new one. It still looks much better than the TL though.

The decline of Honda stylistically has been most disturbing.

BimmerM3

Quote from: TBR on February 04, 2009, 05:33:27 PM
I would have bought the last one, but I don't think I could stand to look at the new one. It still looks much better than the TL though.

I might be alone here, but I actually like the way it looks. The only thing I don't like about the TSX is the cartoony fender flares that have become all too common in recent years. I can't say the same for the TL though. It's just unpleasant.