Most ticketed cars.

Started by Soup DeVille, February 06, 2009, 08:13:20 PM

Soup DeVille

According to a story in US News.

1. Hummer H2

People who love the Hummer H2 probably love its bold, imposing looks. Apparently, cops love the H2 because it helps them meet their ticket quotas. Here's a tip: If you have an H2, maybe you shouldn't drive it near then end of the month when traffic cops are scrambling to make their numbers.

2. Scion tC

Seeing the tC on the most-ticketed list makes sense, given its popularity with young people. Its sporty performance, which comes at a price that makes affording tickets easy, probably helps tempt some drivers as well.

3. Scion xB

Like the Scion tC, the xB is aimed at younger drivers. Still, when you look at the xB's less-than-stellar performance, it's safe to assume that all the tickets xB drivers are getting aren't moving violations.

4. Mercedes Benz CLK63 AMG

If you're lucky enough to have a Mercedes AMG -- any AMG -- then a few tickets are worth unleashing this luxurious beast. Besides, if you've got a Mercedes, you can probably afford a few traffic citations.

5. Toyota Solara Coupe

Now, here's a surprise. The fifth most ticketed car is the Toyota Solara Coupe. Essentially a two-door Camry, the Solara isn't known for road-thrashing performance. Maybe Solara drivers just get a lot of parking tickets.

6. Mercedes Benz CLS63 AMG

The CLS63 AMG is another luxury performance car, so it's no shocker to see its drivers among the most ticketed. The question is: With all that power, why aren't more CLS63 AMG drivers outrunning the cops?

7. Scion xA

With the xA taking the seventh spot on the ten most ticketed cars list, Scion completes the traffic-ticket hat trick. Toyota's upstart little brand has only come out with four models over its entire lifespan -- and three of them will likely get you a date in traffic court.

8. Subaru Outback

Subarus have a reputation of being yuppie grocery getters, but the Outback manages to prove that stereotype wrong by being one of the top ten most ticketed cars. Apparently, the Outback is the car of choice for people who need to get to Whole Foods in a hurry, and maybe park illegally once they're there.

9. Audi A4

Audi often finds itself in the shadows of Mercedes and BMW, but not when it comes to getting tickets. The Audi A4 is the ninth most ticketed car in America.

10. Toyota Matrix

The Toyota Matrix is often credited for bringing SUV styling to small cars. Now it can also be credited to bringing insurance rate increases to thousands of its owners.

BTW, the least ticketed car according to the same people? The Jaguar XJ.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

2o6

1/2 of them are Toyota products....... :hammerhead:

Lazerous

The data come from a survey conducted by ISO Quality Planning. The company helps insurers spot risks; or in other words, it helps insurance companies spot you, Mr. Bright Yellow Hummer.

10 Most Ticketed Cars

1. Hummer H2

People who love the Hummer H2 probably love its bold, imposing looks. Apparently, cops love the H2 because it helps them meet their ticket quotas. Here's a tip: If you have an H2, maybe you shouldn't drive it near then end of the month when traffic cops are scrambling to make their numbers.

2. Scion tC

Seeing the tC on the most-ticketed list makes sense, given its popularity with young people. Its sporty performance, which comes at a price that makes affording tickets easy, probably helps tempt some drivers as well.

3. Scion xB

Like the Scion tC, the xB is aimed at younger drivers. Still, when you look at the xB's less-than-stellar performance, it's safe to assume that all the tickets xB drivers are getting aren't moving violations.

4. Mercedes Benz CLK63 AMG

If you're lucky enough to have a Mercedes AMG -- any AMG -- then a few tickets are worth unleashing this luxurious beast. Besides, if you've got a Mercedes, you can probably afford a few traffic citations.

5. Toyota Solara Coupe

Now, here's a surprise. The fifth most ticketed car is the Toyota Solara Coupe. Essentially a two-door Camry, the Solara isn't known for road-thrashing performance. Maybe Solara drivers just get a lot of parking tickets.

6. Mercedes Benz CLS63 AMG

The CLS63 AMG is another luxury performance car, so it's no shocker to see its drivers among the most ticketed. The question is: With all that power, why aren't more CLS63 AMG drivers outrunning the cops?

7. Scion xA

With the xA taking the seventh spot on the ten most ticketed cars list, Scion completes the traffic-ticket hat trick. Toyota's upstart little brand has only come out with four models over its entire lifespan -- and three of them will likely get you a date in traffic court.

8. Subaru Outback

Subarus have a reputation of being yuppie grocery getters, but the Outback manages to prove that stereotype wrong by being one of the top ten most ticketed cars. Apparently, the Outback is the car of choice for people who need to get to Whole Foods in a hurry, and maybe park illegally once they're there.

9. Audi A4

Audi often finds itself in the shadows of Mercedes and BMW, but not when it comes to getting tickets. The Audi A4 is the ninth most ticketed car in America.

10. Toyota Matrix

The Toyota Matrix is often credited for bringing SUV styling to small cars. Now it can also be credited to bringing insurance rate increases to thousands of its owners.

10 Least Ticketed Cars

1. Jaguar XJ

The Jaguar XJ gives drivers a smooth ride and an opulent interior. As the least- ticketed car in America, it also seems to provide the ability to fly under radar guns. There's a feature they won't tell you about at the dealership.

2. Chevrolet Suburban

Suburban drivers tend to need their large SUVs for hauling people or towing trailers, not breaking land speed records. So it's not surprising to see it on the list of least-ticketed cars.

3. Chevrolet Tahoe

The Tahoe shares some architecture with the Hummer H2, the most-ticketed car in America. Despite the two having similar sizes, the Tahoe manages not to attract as much police attention.

4. Chevrolet Silverado 2500 and 3500

It's no shocker to find Chevrolet's heavy-duty trucks among the least-ticketed vehicles. These trucks are usually bought for their towing ability, not for impromptu drag races.

5. Buick Park Avenue

While Buick has recently begun to increase the oomph in their cars, the now- discontinued Park Avenue helped solidify the brand's image as cars for the senior set. No wonder Park Avenue drivers tend not to get very many tickets.

6. Mazda6

The largest car in Mazda's line up, the Mazda6 has plenty of the brand's zoom-zoom, yet still manages to be among the least-ticketed cars. If you love driving sporty sedans but can't take seeing any more red and blue lights in your rearview mirror, the Mazda6 may be just the car for you.

7. Buick Rainier

The now-discontinued Buick Rainier is a largely forgettable attempt at a near- luxury SUV. Maybe that forgettable nature keeps cops from noticing when one commits a traffic offense.

8. Oldsmobile Silhouette

Finding a minivan from Oldsmobile on the list of least-ticketed cars isn't surprising. What's surprising is that anyone is still driving a Silhouette.

9. Buick Lucerne

The Buick Lucerne offers a near-luxury experience at an affordable large car price. Being one of the least-ticketed cars means that the Lucerne's affordability continues after it's bought, thanks to fewer fines and lower insurance rates.

10. GMC Sierra 1500

The GMC Sierra is an attractive truck for work or play. With its ability to haul or tow heavy loads, this truck will do anything you ask it to, including avoiding traffic citations.

[source: http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/850/is-your-car-a-cop-magnet]

Eye of the Tiger

Audi A4... I think cops have something against people who drive Audis. In the short time that I had the V8Q, I managed to get a speeding ticket, and the cop just seemed all too happy to write me up for my full speed.

I should see about getting a supercharged Park Avenue, and souping it up. Ub3r sleepur!
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Lazerous

That's fine, the mods can merge the threads. Mine also happens to offer info on the least ticketed cars.

Rupert

Quote from: Soup DeVille on February 06, 2009, 08:13:20 PM
According to a story in US News.
[...]
BTW, the least ticketed car according to the same people? The Jaguar XJ.

Haha, tell that to my former room mate.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

BimmerM3

I wonder if this survey takes into account the percentage of each model compared to the overall population of cars.

TBR

I think it is purely tickets per capita.

dazzleman

Since Ron drives an Audi (now an A-6, but he used to drive an A-4), that pretty much confirms that the Audi is legitimately placed among most ticketed cars.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

IrishGuy

Woohoo...

Least ticketed cars:

Blah
Blah
Blah
Mazda6
Blah
Blah
2022 Toyota 4Runner Limited

Tave

My roomate has this theory that the best way to minimize your chance of being pulled over is to drive a new full-size pickup and wear a cowboy hat.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Tave on February 15, 2009, 08:52:03 AM
My roomate has this theory that the best way to minimize your chance of being pulled over is to drive a new full-size pickup and wear a cowboy hat.

Don't forget the gun rack

Tave

Quote from: IrishGuy on February 15, 2009, 08:43:53 AM
Woohoo...

Least ticketed cars:

Blah
Blah
Blah
Mazda6
Blah
Blah

I hope the XJ isn't one of those 'Blahs' :heated: :lol:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Tave

Quote from: NACar on February 15, 2009, 08:52:55 AM
Don't forget the gun rack

And an animal corpse in the bed. Don't worry about the smell; you'll get used to it after a few weeks.

IrishGuy

Quote from: Tave on February 15, 2009, 08:53:02 AM

I hope the XJ isn't one of those 'Blahs' :heated: :lol:

Okay, fine, replace one of the blahs with an XJ.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Tave on February 15, 2009, 08:54:08 AM
And an animal corpse in the bed. Don't worry about the smell; you'll get used to it after a few weeks.

And Confederate flag rear window graphics

Tave

That only works on the right side of the Mason-Dixon.

dazzleman

So what's your excuse for bucking the trend, Irish Guy?
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

CALL_911

I can see how the A4 is on that list. It hides its speed VERY well.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Tave

2o6

Quote from: CALL_911 on February 15, 2009, 10:04:33 AM
I can see how the A4 is on that list. It hides its speed VERY well.

It's on the most ticketed cars list, so no.

dazzleman

Everyone I know who drives or drove an A-4 has been a speed demon, and some of them are serial ticket-getters, so no surprise there.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: dazzleman on February 15, 2009, 10:10:36 AM
Everyone I know who drives or drove an A-4 has been a speed demon, and some of them are serial ticket-getters, so no surprise there.

That's true; and if you drive an A4, there is also a good chance you just don't care about a $200 fine here and there.  :lol:

dazzleman

That's true of a lot of people who drive more expensive cars.

Of course, that was true of me, even when I deove cheap cars.  I never cared about fines.  Speeding is enough fun to make a fine here and there worth it.

AutobahnSHO

Lots of speeding Audis in "Taken."

(Saw it last night- good stuff.)
Will

sandertheshark

Obviously the lesson here is that reckless morons drive small Toyotas and safe, sensible people drive GM trucks.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Tave on February 15, 2009, 08:59:19 AM
That only works on the right side of the Mason-Dixon.

See plenty of them in Michigan as well...
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

IrishGuy

Quote from: dazzleman on February 15, 2009, 09:56:22 AM
So what's your excuse for bucking the trend, Irish Guy?

I like to be original  :praise:

dazzleman

Quote from: IrishGuy on February 15, 2009, 05:16:02 PM
I like to be original  :praise:

Do you think your vanity plates attract attention from law enforcement?