Photos from the Washington Auto Show

Started by ifcar, February 06, 2009, 11:29:58 PM

ifcar

I've put up a collection of links to a lot of pictures from two days' worth of visits to the Washington Auto Show:

http://www.examiner.com/x-1017-DC-Car-Examiner~y2009m2d7-Photos-from-the-Washington-Auto-Show

If you're hoping for a car or an angle that isn't depicted there, I may have the photo, and if not, I will likely be back at the show again Sunday and can try to get it then.

Enjoy!

CJ

Any Hyundai's?  How'd you like the Soul?  That one appears to be a Korean market car.  The speedometer is in km/h.  Did you pop the hood?  The one at my KIA dealer is a KDM car and it has a 1.6 liter diesel.

ifcar

Quote from: CJ on February 06, 2009, 11:44:51 PM
Any Hyundai's?  How'd you like the Soul?  That one appears to be a Korean market car.  The speedometer is in km/h.  Did you pop the hood?  The one at my KIA dealer is a KDM car and it has a 1.6 liter diesel.

Hyundai doesn't have anything new, but is there anything in particular you were interested in photos of?

There was a sticker on the Soul's window saying that car couldn't be legally driven in the US, so it being Korean is plausible. I didn't open the hood, but I'll see if I can next time; often they remove the hood releases from such cars.

It seemed like a nice enough economy car from my time sitting in it. Plenty of space, acceptable quality, good layout. How it drives will be more significant.

CJ

Take pictures of the Genesis and updated Azera.  I still have not seen one in person. 

ifcar

CJ

Rich

What were your impressions of the cars you checked out at the show?  Anything stand out to you?
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

ifcar

Quote from: HotRodPilot on February 07, 2009, 12:09:40 AM
What were your impressions of the cars you checked out at the show?  Anything stand out to you?

I'll get back to you on that. I need all those impressions to sink in for a while.

ifcar

Quote from: CJ on February 06, 2009, 11:59:47 PM
Take pictures of the Genesis and updated Azera.  I still have not seen one in person. 

I wasn't able to get out again after all, unfortunately, so here are some Genesis photos I have from a previous auto show:

CJ

ifcar

Quote from: CJ on February 08, 2009, 07:25:53 PM
Have you sat in a coupe?

There were too many people trying to get in it then, including lots of photogs. And they didn't have one open in DC.