V6 TSX?

Started by YO, February 07, 2009, 05:11:01 PM

Submariner

Quote from: Tave on February 13, 2009, 11:26:01 AM

And what's the best-selling car in the nation again?

Not the RL...
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

YO

Americans are snobs... for example, the TSX is larger than the E350 interior wise minus 1" rear legroom and trunk.  It handles better, better stereo, better navigation, better seats etc etc. But Americans crave the badge... most Americans would take a 1/2 carat in a tiffanys box over a full carat from kays

Quote from: Submariner on February 13, 2009, 05:52:55 PM
Not the RL...
BILLIONS AND BILLIONS SERVED
MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

RACING DOMINATION at the highest level...6 Time F1 Constructors Champion, 5 Time F1 Drivers Champion, 3 Time CART Constructors Champion, 6 Time CART Drivers Champion and two consecutive International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) International Sedan Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive IMSA International Sedan Drivers' Championships,three consecutive Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive Drivers' Championships in the prestigious IMSA Camel GTP Lights series  ....current 4 TIME INDY Constructors Champion AND Drivers Champion?10 Time SCCA World Challenge Champions... .Home to the Worlds Greatest Drivers and Riders past, present and future...

MX793

Quote from: YO on February 13, 2009, 05:56:17 PM
Americans are snobs... for example, the TSX is larger than the E350 interior wise minus 1" rear legroom and trunk.  It handles better, better stereo, better navigation, better seats etc etc. But Americans crave the badge... most Americans would take a 1/2 carat in a tiffanys box over a full carat from kays

The TSX is classified as a compact by the EPA and the E class is a midsize.  The E class has 2 more cubic feet of interior space, plus another cubic foot of trunk.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Tave

As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

YO

volume is one thing... what about the measurements?

Quote from: MX793 on February 13, 2009, 06:00:42 PM
The TSX is classified as a compact by the EPA and the E class is a midsize.  The E class has 2 more cubic feet of interior space, plus another cubic foot of trunk.
MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

RACING DOMINATION at the highest level...6 Time F1 Constructors Champion, 5 Time F1 Drivers Champion, 3 Time CART Constructors Champion, 6 Time CART Drivers Champion and two consecutive International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) International Sedan Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive IMSA International Sedan Drivers' Championships,three consecutive Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive Drivers' Championships in the prestigious IMSA Camel GTP Lights series  ....current 4 TIME INDY Constructors Champion AND Drivers Champion?10 Time SCCA World Challenge Champions... .Home to the Worlds Greatest Drivers and Riders past, present and future...

Submariner

Quote from: Tave on February 13, 2009, 06:07:01 PM
Nor the 7-series nor S-class neither.

I bet they outsell the RL, even they go anywhere from 2-3 times the TL's price.

And besides, this has nothing to do with the 7 or S, it has to do with what I said about the RL vs. the 5 and E in sales...both of which handily outsell the RL.

Tave

Quote from: Submariner on February 13, 2009, 09:41:16 PM
I bet they outsell the RL, even they go anywhere from 2-3 times the TL's price.

And besides, this has nothing to do with the 7 or S, it has to do with what I said about the RL vs. the 5 and E in sales...both of which handily outsell the RL.

What is your point? The Camry outsells all 3--probably put together. :huh:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

MX793

Quote from: YO on February 13, 2009, 09:18:08 PM
volume is one thing... what about the measurements?

Measurements are distance, volume is actual space.  But if you want to talk measurements, the E350 is larger than the TSX by an inch or more in all but 3 of the 8 standard interior room measurements.  The TSX is larger by an inch or more in only 1 and in all only trumps the E350 in 2 measurement categories.

E350 / TSX
Front Head Room  39.1 / 37.6  (E350 by 1.5 inches)
Front Hip Room  57.2 / 55.6  (E350 by 1.6 inches)
Front Shoulder Room  56.4 / 57.8  (TSX by 1.4 inches)
Front Leg Room  41.9 / 42.4  (TSX by .5 inches)
Rear Head Room  37.8 / 37.0  (E350 by .8 inches)
Rear Hip Room  56.1 / 54.2  (E350 by 1.9 inches)
Rear Shoulder Room  57.2 / 56.1  (E350 by 1.1 inches)
Rear Leg Room  35.6 / 34.3  (E350 by 1.3 inches)

(measurements per Edmunds)
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Submariner

Quote from: Tave on February 13, 2009, 10:04:51 PM
What is your point? The Camry outsells all 3--probably put together. :huh:

I was comparing sales of the (supposedly vastly superior) RL to some of its competitors.   

Tave

To what end?

As everyone on this board has told everyone else a million times or more, better sales don't equal a better car. :huh:

Submariner

Quote from: Tave on February 14, 2009, 09:04:50 AM
To what end?

As everyone on this board has told everyone else a million times or more, better sales don't equal a better car. :huh:

Then who here thinks the RL is the superior car?  :huh:

SVT_Power

Quote from: the Teuton on February 11, 2009, 09:04:57 AM
I mean DC2 or GC8, those are common.  E46 is common.

CL9?  Not common at all.

wut the flip? DC2? GC8? CL9?
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

SVT_Power

Quote from: Tave on February 14, 2009, 09:04:50 AM
To what end?

I think the correct phrase would be better sales equal a better product (not necessarily in automotive enthusiast's terms but more economically)
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Tave

Quote from: Submariner on February 14, 2009, 09:10:37 AM

The reviewers who YO mentioned.

CJ

Given the choice between a TSX and an E350, I can tell you that I would not choose the Acura. 

YO

Me... I've driven both extensively...

RL= Faster, much better handling and "feel, much better stereo, much more toys, and better crash tests.  The navigation is decades ahead. I'm a gadget junkie and the RL does dozens of things electroncally that the E doesn't offer. And with SH-AWD and some upgraded factory 19"s, the RL is almost "fun" dare I say...

E350= Looks. Bling power. Elegant interior. Huge trunk.  An uncomfortable nod of respect anywhere you go.

Quote from: Submariner on February 14, 2009, 09:10:37 AM
MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

Submariner

Quote from: YO on February 14, 2009, 02:20:58 PM
Me... I've driven both extensively...

RL= Faster, much better handling and "feel, much better stereo, much more toys, and better crash tests.  The navigation is decades ahead. I'm a gadget junkie and the RL does dozens of things electroncally that the E doesn't offer. And with SH-AWD and some upgraded factory 19"s, the RL is almost "fun" dare I say...

E350= Looks. Bling power. Elegant interior. Huge trunk.  An uncomfortable nod of respect anywhere you go.

It's a good thing the public does too.  :praise:

YO

but besides prestiege, the E350 gives you nothing better cept a huge trunk...

Quote from: CJ on February 14, 2009, 11:13:20 AM
Given the choice between a TSX and an E350, I can tell you that I would not choose the Acura. 
MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

sportyaccordy

Quote from: YO on February 15, 2009, 05:20:30 AM
but besides prestiege, the E350 gives you nothing better cept a huge trunk...

And RWD. I would bet the two cars drive nothing alike

CJ

The Mercedes also has better build quality and finer materials.  The leather Honda uses is like cardboard.

YO

E is slightly firmer than a GS350... I'd choose the TSX

Quote from: sportyaccordy on February 15, 2009, 05:43:35 PM
And RWD. I would bet the two cars drive nothing alike
MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

YO

Most E class's do not come with leather...

Quote from: CJ on February 15, 2009, 06:27:44 PM
The Mercedes also has better build quality and finer materials.  The leather Honda uses is like cardboard.
MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

CALL_911

Quote from: YO on February 15, 2009, 07:36:09 PM
Most E class's do not come with leather...

In that case, MB-Tex is better than Acura leather.

That ain't good either.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

YO

if you think so...

Quote from: CALL_911 on February 15, 2009, 07:39:19 PM
In that case, MB-Tex is better than Acura leather.

That ain't good either.
MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

sportyaccordy

Quote from: YO on February 15, 2009, 07:35:43 PM
E is slightly firmer than a GS350... I'd choose the TSX

I dont like Benzes so within that class I would go with the... 535i.

How much more money will the TSX V6 be over the Accord V6 fully loaded???

Too many cars in the same segment... with the same motors & equipment. Why Honda why?

CALL_911

Quote from: sportyaccordy on February 16, 2009, 12:29:10 AM

Yessir.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

YO

again, you need to drive both. IT's like saying

a 2009 Accord V6 is:

quiker then a 5 Series and E class caus it is
Larger than a 5 Series and E class caus it is
Has a better nav than a 5 Series and E class caus it does

HOW CAN BMW AND BENZ COMPETE!!??

Use some logic please

Quote from: sportyaccordy on February 16, 2009, 12:29:10 AM

How much more money will the TSX V6 be over the Accord V6 fully loaded???

Too many cars in the same segment... with the same motors & equipment. Why Honda why?
MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

CALL_911

Quote from: YO on February 16, 2009, 02:47:59 PM
again, you need to drive both. IT's like saying

a 2009 Accord V6 is:

quiker then a 5 Series and E class caus it is
Larger than a 5 Series and E class caus it is
Has a better nav than a 5 Series and E class caus it does

HOW CAN BMW AND BENZ COMPETE!!??

Use some logic please

Are we comparing a 535i? Because if we are, the 535i rapes the Accord so hard, it bleeds (quickness).

The 5-series drives so much better than the Accord that it makes the logic that they don't compete 100% valid.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

YO

DRIVE BOTH. THEN SPEAK

Quote from: CALL_911 on February 16, 2009, 02:55:52 PM
Are we comparing a 535i? Because if we are, the 535i rapes the Accord so hard, it bleeds (quickness).

The 5-series drives so much better than the Accord that it makes the logic that they don't compete 100% valid.
MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

CALL_911

Quote from: YO on February 16, 2009, 07:22:13 PM
DRIVE BOTH. THEN SPEAK

Done, and done.

In fact, you're at an advantage. I'm comparing a TSX.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi