V6 TSX?

Started by YO, February 07, 2009, 05:11:01 PM

the Teuton

I need to drive a 2009 Accord.  The 535i is a formidable competitor, though. :lol:
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

YO

where you gonna get a valid license?

Quote from: CALL_911 on February 16, 2009, 08:37:40 PM
Done, and done.

In fact, you're at an advantage. I'm comparing a TSX.
BILLIONS AND BILLIONS SERVED
MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

RACING DOMINATION at the highest level...6 Time F1 Constructors Champion, 5 Time F1 Drivers Champion, 3 Time CART Constructors Champion, 6 Time CART Drivers Champion and two consecutive International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) International Sedan Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive IMSA International Sedan Drivers' Championships,three consecutive Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive Drivers' Championships in the prestigious IMSA Camel GTP Lights series  ....current 4 TIME INDY Constructors Champion AND Drivers Champion?10 Time SCCA World Challenge Champions... .Home to the Worlds Greatest Drivers and Riders past, present and future...

YO

MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

RACING DOMINATION at the highest level...6 Time F1 Constructors Champion, 5 Time F1 Drivers Champion, 3 Time CART Constructors Champion, 6 Time CART Drivers Champion and two consecutive International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) International Sedan Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive IMSA International Sedan Drivers' Championships,three consecutive Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive Drivers' Championships in the prestigious IMSA Camel GTP Lights series  ....current 4 TIME INDY Constructors Champion AND Drivers Champion?10 Time SCCA World Challenge Champions... .Home to the Worlds Greatest Drivers and Riders past, present and future...

CALL_911

Quote from: YO on February 17, 2009, 07:45:14 AM
where you gonna get a valid license?

May-ish. It's just convenient that the cars in question are the cars my parents happen to own, and the cars I drive often (daily in the case of the BMW, maybe once every 2 weeks in the case of the Acura).

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

MrH

Quote from: CALL_911 on February 17, 2009, 08:30:26 AM
May-ish. It's just convenient that the cars in question are the cars my parents happen to own, and the cars I drive often (daily in the case of the BMW, maybe once every 2 weeks in the case of the Acura).

I doubt you daily drive your parent's 5-series without a license. :rolleyes:
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

CALL_911

Quote from: MrH on February 17, 2009, 10:38:45 AM

Then doubt it.

If you don't believe me, that's your problem. Keep this in mind. I have to go somewhere everyday. More often than not, I drive.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Submariner

Quote from: MrH on February 17, 2009, 10:38:45 AM

Learners Permit?
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

YO

MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

CALL_911

Quote from: YO on February 19, 2009, 12:35:48 PM
vespa

Still makes more torque than every 4-banger Honda ever made.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Vinsanity

Quote from: CALL_911 on February 19, 2009, 12:36:59 PM
Still makes more torque than every 4-banger Honda ever made.

zing!

YO

that must be based on "another" persons driving... must suck being too short to ride...
MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

CALL_911

Quote from: YO on February 19, 2009, 02:39:02 PM
that must be based on "another" persons driving... must suck being too short to ride...

You know, it's really funny how bad your insults suck.

And it's also really bad how little torque Honda 4-bangers make. Too bad my sister has a TSX that I've driven a lot, eh?

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

YO

sure

Quote from: CALL_911 on February 19, 2009, 02:43:03 PM
You know, it's really funny how bad your insults suck.

And it's also really bad how little torque Honda 4-bangers make. Too bad my sister has a TSX that I've driven a lot, eh?
MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

sportyaccordy

Little 4 bangers with good heads can make tons of torque

All 2009 Acuras suck

CALL_911

Quote from: sportyaccordy on February 21, 2009, 03:52:53 PM
Little 4 bangers with good heads can make tons of torque

All 2009 Acuras suck

Nobody said they can't. It's just that Honda doesn't have any N/A 4-bangers with any torque.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

sportyaccordy

Quote from: CALL_911 on February 21, 2009, 04:54:40 PM
Nobody said they can't. It's just that Honda doesn't have any N/A 4-bangers with any torque.
Maybe not stock :whistle:

I've seen mild builds (think stock block 2.2L motors) put torque down that puts some V6s to shame

YO

you're showing your age again. It's impossible to feel torque in a video game.  You've been brainwashed by the torque hype.  Luxury V6s a short decade ago had simuler tq with much less hp... unless you have a Wi... I think you can feel tq with that thing...

MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

2o6

No one's complained. A lot of people like revving the piss out of the motor.

CJ

Quote from: YO on February 21, 2009, 07:45:20 PM
you're showing your age again. It's impossible to feel torque in a video game.  You've been brainwashed by the torque hype.  Luxury V6s a short decade ago had simuler tq with much less hp... unless you have a Wi... I think you can feel tq with that thing...

They have a TSX, you douche.

GoCougs

Oh, yes, torque as horsepower - my favorite all time "debates" on the Internets.

YO

good one. Back to your video games...

Quote from: CJ on February 21, 2009, 08:17:41 PM

They have a TSX, you douche.
MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: GoCougs on February 21, 2009, 08:18:14 PM
Oh, yes, torque as horsepower - my favorite all time "debates" on the Internets.

Yeah, not even a physicist can "debate" a god damn mathematical conversion between units.
And don't even get me started on people who can only think in peak output numbers.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

CJ

Quote from: YO on February 21, 2009, 08:19:45 PM
good one. Back to your video games...

Or I can go out for a drive in either one of the vehicles currently in the garage.  My Volvo is almost done being repaired. 

YO

make sure you check with mom first... don't be disrespectful...

Quote from: CJ on February 21, 2009, 08:33:57 PM
Or I can go out for a drive in either one of the vehicles currently in the garage.  My Volvo is almost done being repaired. 
MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

YO

as my BMW buddies say... "2011 Acura NSX... 722 horsepower...156 lbs of torque"...

Quote from: NACar on February 21, 2009, 08:33:11 PM
Yeah, not even a physicist can "debate" a god damn mathematical conversion between units.
And don't even get me started on people who can only think in peak output numbers.
MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

CALL_911

Quote from: YO on February 21, 2009, 07:45:20 PM

It's also impossible to feel torque (low-end grunt) in a Honda 4-banger.

This is too easy.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Soup DeVille

Quote from: NACar on February 21, 2009, 08:33:11 PM

You'd be surprised. I had one physics professor explain to me that parralel lines may or may not intersect each other depending on the shape of the universe.

(but don't make YO try to wrap his head around such concepts, he's a salesman)
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: YO on February 21, 2009, 08:47:51 PM
as my BMW buddies say... "2011 Acura NSX... 722 horsepower...156 lbs of torque"...

That is impossible. That would mean the motor revs to 24,307 rpm, but I'm pretty sure the NSX rev limiter was set at 22,000 rpm.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Soup DeVille on February 21, 2009, 08:53:14 PM
You'd be surprised. I had one physics professor explain to me that parralel lines may or may not intersect each other depending on the shape of the universe.

(but don't make YO try to wrap his head around such concepts, he's a salesman)

My astronomy professor iss pretty sure the universe is shaped like a rather large donut, so I don't have any problem with parallel lines intersecting each other.