Would you buy a previous rental?

Started by SVT666, February 11, 2009, 12:30:30 PM

I have found several 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT's, loaded up with almost all the options, with under 20,000 miles on the clock, going for $16K in California.  Would you buy one?

Yes! Yes! Yes!  Jump on it!
1 (2.9%)
Yes, if an inspection checks out.
9 (25.7%)
I would be leary.
10 (28.6%)
No way!
15 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 33

NomisR

Quote from: HEMI666 on February 12, 2009, 07:35:50 PM
I'll take a picture of the inside of our car after we go grocery shopping next time, and I'll post it up here for you to see.

It's funny.  Autobahn will agree with me here, that 90% of the people I hear saying that you don't need a minivan are people with no kids.  The other 10% are really short people who don't need the room.
Mini van > SUV, for families that don't tow.

SVT666

Quote from: NomisR on February 13, 2009, 11:40:20 AM
Mini van > SUV, for families that don't tow.
Minivans are capable of towing small trailers, small travel trailers, tent trailers, and even boats.

NomisR

Quote from: HEMI666 on February 13, 2009, 11:47:54 AM
Minivans are capable of towing small trailers, small travel trailers, tent trailers, and even boats.

Well, so Minivans > SUV period!  I'd take one over an SUV if it was my choice.  But I'd probably get something small like the Mazda5.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: NomisR on February 13, 2009, 12:11:57 PM
Well, so Minivans > SUV period!  I'd take one over an SUV if it was my choice.  But I'd probably get something small like the Mazda5.

Does that thing even qualify as a minivan??  More like a mini minivan.
I like them.
Will

JWC

In dealerships, we call them "executive cars".  Well, the 82 year old salesman still calls them that.  What person buying something like a base model Focus, believes that a Ford executive would that, probably deserves to own a former rental.  It is even funnier when you open the door and find an Avis or Enterprise sticker.

But, my daughter's 2007 Focus is a former Enterprise driver, and it has given her a single problem.  I did buy an 100k ESP warranty for it though. 

dazzleman

I'd consider a previous rental, if it was a really good price, and it was only a year or so old.  Cars are pretty resilient today, and I don't think that much damage could be done in a relatively short period of time.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: dazzleman on February 16, 2009, 08:39:02 AM
I'd consider a previous rental, if it was a really good price, and it was only a year or so old.  Cars are pretty resilient today, and I don't think that much damage could be done in a relatively short period of time.

As long as there's no puke on the carpet. 
Will