Weird Light Problem

Started by TurboDan, August 07, 2005, 08:55:31 AM

TurboDan

A member of my family has a Dodge Caravan, and she's been having some strange problems with her headlights the past couple of days.  Basically, her lights do not all come on at once; the parking lights come on, then the headlights, then they dim back down to the parking lights, etc.   The high beams will not stay on when you "click" the stalk, but will come on for a second until you let go.  

Basically, all sorts of strange things happening with the lights.  The only thing I could think of is a fuse problem.  Anyone else have any ideas about what this might be?

BMWDave

It most probably is a fuse problem...the electrical wiring to the lights has most likely gone awry.  

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

footoflead

Sounds to me like one of those electrical grimmlins(sp?)  :o ...i hate those

Wish i could help more but i tend to stay away from wiring...since i tend to get shocked all the time :wacko:  
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

R33 GT-R

I don't think is a fuse or it would be burned and dead all together.  I would think is a relay problem or a chaffed wire that's now making contact with something it shouldn't be but not enough to burn the fuse.  How old is it and how many miles are on it?
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

FlatBlackCaddy

Try replacing the light switch(i imagine its a pull style 2 position, like the older dodges have?), if it is the switch could be going, causing the problems you described.

FlatBlackCaddy

I think they are only 6-8 bucks, and its a common problem on older/higher use vehicles.

TurboDan

It's not a push-in switch, it's a turn switch.  But anywho, the problem seems to have fixed itself as of the day after I posted this.  Ah, well.   :praise:  

Raghavan

QuoteIt's not a push-in switch, it's a turn switch.  But anywho, the problem seems to have fixed itself as of the day after I posted this.  Ah, well.   :praise:
:praise:  :praise:  

R33 GT-R

QuoteIt's not a push-in switch, it's a turn switch.  But anywho, the problem seems to have fixed itself as of the day after I posted this.  Ah, well.   :praise:
It'll be back within 45 days, fugetaboutit.
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!