Chrysler shows renderings of updated 300, new Grand Cherokee

Started by ifcar, February 17, 2009, 04:52:52 PM

the Teuton

Quote from: ifcar on February 19, 2009, 06:41:43 AM
My understanding is they weren't leaked, but they were part of the restructuring plan submitted to Congress.

Indeed, but someone had to go through several hundred pages of documents to find them after the plan was made public.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Byteme

Quote from: omicron on February 18, 2009, 04:17:35 AM
Who on earth made that presentation? Perky yellow starbursts? Obscure claims tossed about with fun exclamation marks tacked on the end? Odd colour schemes? Obvious gap-filling pictures in the corner? Dubious layout? Goodness gracious; professionalism doesn't have to be expensive.

And they wonder why they are on the brink of going out of business.   :rolleyes:

Catman

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on February 19, 2009, 05:53:49 AM
+1

And there are TWO of them with RIMZ! in the parking lot at work.
Both black guys. (Come to think of it ALL of the 300s I see around here have black drivers..)

Atomic

Quote from: giant_mtb on February 17, 2009, 05:45:48 PM
You'd think such huge companies would have some better renderers around. :huh:

what i heard from my buddy at chrysler is that the cars will look far better in person. what we have before us are allegedly just a mere glimpse of the 300c, jeep grand cherokee, as not to leak out true photos. apparently, chrysler also showed pics of the next dodge charger, dodge durango, others. rumor has it that chrysler will offer most, if not all future vehicles as:

touring (no base, but base prices for a nicely equipped vehicle, leather optional)
limited (completely loaded, powerful engine vehicles, leather std.)
letter series (i.e. "c"), (fully loaded, more powerful, ultra leather std.)
srt (i.e. srt-8), (fully loaded, most powerful, ultra leather-suede std.)

naturally, ride, suspension are greater with each upgrade. my friend cited slight to significant styling improvements/variations (i.e. mess grille, srt-8). dodge will probably have base models and different monikers (i.e. se, r/t, srt-8). jeeps will more upscale, like chrysler -- with little change from current prices.

only time will tell! hopefully...

GoCougs

Atomic

Quote from: GoCougs on February 19, 2009, 07:26:46 PM
At least the 300 lost that cheap egg crate grill.

you are right! it should look even better in person. the 2010 pic gives the upcoming model a much richer look -- even more stylish, judging from the detailed side and face.

Tave

Quote from: Atomic on February 19, 2009, 07:21:37 PM
what i heard from my buddy at chrysler is that the cars will look far better in person.

Actually the renderings themselves aren't half-bad (at least, I've seen worse). The shit-dick layout is problemo numero uno.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.