Chrysler shows renderings of updated 300, new Grand Cherokee

Started by ifcar, February 17, 2009, 04:52:52 PM

NomisR

I kinda like the Cherokee but I don't know about the 300.. what changed? 

r0tor

so wait... they photoshopped (really) fake awards on their photos to impress the feds?!?!?
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

S204STi

Looks like they hired the kid from Allpar to do their renderings.  Yuck.

giant_mtb

You'd think such huge companies would have some better renderers around. :huh:

r0tor

christ my rx7 chops that made their way around the internets looked better
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

NomisR

Oh, that was a serious thing?  I thought it was a spoof and they were intentionally trying to make it look like a chop..  :huh:

Catman

I think both look good.  The 300 looks cleaned up a little with some wheel arches.

Vinsanity

the 300 looks more plain, but at least the interior is a drastic improvement

the Teuton

Quote from: R-inge on February 17, 2009, 05:36:55 PM
Looks like they hired the kid from Allpar to do their renderings.  Yuck.

This is what happens when you cut your R&D budget to 10 cents.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

omicron

Who on earth made that presentation? Perky yellow starbursts? Obscure claims tossed about with fun exclamation marks tacked on the end? Odd colour schemes? Obvious gap-filling pictures in the corner? Dubious layout? Goodness gracious; professionalism doesn't have to be expensive.

ifcar

I wonder if they made their presentation less than elaborate so they would look more desperate as they begged for money.

Catman

I agree with Iffy.  It's going before congress not the automotive press.

cozmik

Quote from: omicron on February 18, 2009, 04:17:35 AM
Who on earth made that presentation? Perky yellow starbursts? Obscure claims tossed about with fun exclamation marks tacked on the end? Odd colour schemes? Obvious gap-filling pictures in the corner? Dubious layout? Goodness gracious; professionalism doesn't have to be expensive.

Yeah I found the starbursts hilarious as well. I'm not even sure this was PowerPoint or Word. This is like. iWorks level stuff. Maybe they found an old Mac 6100 with ClarisWorks on it to use.

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

Tave

As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Submariner

Quote from: cozmik on February 18, 2009, 07:13:39 AM
Yeah I found the starbursts hilarious as well. I'm not even sure this was PowerPoint or Word. This is like. iWorks level stuff. Maybe they found an old Mac 6100 with ClarisWorks on it to use.

Haha.  I had a MacPerforma 6400 Power PC (what a long, convoluted name) What a piece of rubbish that thing was.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Submariner

Haha...has anyone noticed the jagged edges on the captions? 
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

omicron

Quote from: ifcar on February 18, 2009, 05:53:24 AM
I wonder if they made their presentation less than elaborate so they would look more desperate as they begged for money.

This isn't just less elaborate; it's Ray Charles cutting letters out of magazines.

Eye of the Tiger

I'm sure O'bama had a hand in this. He used to drive a 300C.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Vinsanity

Quote from: omicron on February 18, 2009, 10:15:54 AM
This isn't just less elaborate; it's Ray Charles cutting letters out of magazines.

I almost spit coffee on my keyboard ROFLing in my cubicle. Damn you, omi :lol:

S204STi

TurboDan

I always hated the 300.  Seemed to be the perfect car for a pimp who wasn't a good enough pimp to be able to afford a Cadillac.

the Teuton

BTW, these are real.  I just found out my brother's friend was the one who leaked these pictures.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Vinsanity

I always thought it would be cool if the next 300 had suicide rear doors like the Imperial concept :mrcool:

Either that, or something like this: http://www.cwwcardesign.com/cars/dodge_challenger_sedan.html

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: TurboDan on February 18, 2009, 04:23:59 PM
I always hated the 300.  Seemed to be the perfect car for a pimp who wasn't a good enough pimp to be able to afford a Cadillac.

+1

And there are TWO of them with RIMZ! in the parking lot at work.
Both black guys. (Come to think of it ALL of the 300s I see around here have black drivers..)
Will

ifcar

Quote from: the Teuton on February 18, 2009, 11:20:01 PM
BTW, these are real.  I just found out my brother's friend was the one who leaked these pictures.

My understanding is they weren't leaked, but they were part of the restructuring plan submitted to Congress.

2o6

Why is there a rendered Durango, but they've said the Durango was going to get axed?

ifcar

Quote from: 2o6 on February 19, 2009, 07:22:16 AM
Why is there a rendered Durango, but they've said the Durango was going to get axed?

They've closed the factory that builds the current Durango, but it's being redesigned.

Catman

Quote from: 2o6 on February 19, 2009, 07:22:16 AM

Where are you seeing this? I just went through the 177 page report and didn't see it. :confused: