Alfas and Fiats spotted

Started by Yawn, February 18, 2009, 07:31:02 AM

Yawn

http://www.centerlinealfa.com/cars/mito/index.html

Are they already planning the FIAT 500 and Alfa Romeo Mito's arrival.. Its not just 1 each.. A couple of each.. Unless it was a commercial or so...

SVT666

I want a MiTo or a 500 Abarth SS right fucking now.

2o6

I'm warming up to the MiTo.........

CALL_911

Quote from: HEMI666 on February 18, 2009, 09:12:08 AM
I want a MiTo or a 500 Abarth SS right fucking now.

I think we're just getting the normal 500, nothing special.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

the Teuton

A normal 500 would be just fine for me.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

SVT666

Quote from: CALL_911 on February 18, 2009, 09:18:02 AM
I think we're just getting the normal 500, nothing special.
The North American market wants powerful engines.  Give us the Abarth SS  :rage:

the Teuton

Quote from: HEMI666 on February 18, 2009, 09:23:31 AM
The North American market wants powerful engines.  Give us the Abarth SS  :rage:

I just want the 100 hp model.  :huh:
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

SVT666

Quote from: the Teuton on February 18, 2009, 09:30:53 AM
I just want the 100 hp model.  :huh:
But you're a pussy.  :lol:  I need the 160 hp Abarth SS.

the Teuton

Hemi, you've managed to hurt my feelings.  See if I invite you to a BBQ at my house anytime soon.

omicron

Apparently the 99kW/133hp Abarth version is headed my way. I like this.

Yawn

Here is a good read on the models that will be coming and what will be sold as FIAT/ Alfa and what will be badged as a Chrysler...

http://www.fiatbb.com/showthread.php?t=170

S204STi

SVT666

So Fiat won't actually be returning?  They'll just be badged as Chryslers and Dodges?  I want my Fiat to have a Fiat badge damnit.

SVT666

Quote from: the Teuton on February 18, 2009, 10:21:07 AM
Hemi, you've managed to hurt my feelings.  See if I invite you to a BBQ at my house anytime soon.
I told you that you're a pussy. :lol:

the Teuton

Quote from: HEMI666 on February 18, 2009, 12:12:45 PM
So Fiat won't actually be returning?  They'll just be badged as Chryslers and Dodges?  I want my Fiat to have a Fiat badge damnit.

I have a JDM Subaru badge on my car.  It's not too hard to take a blowdryer and some dental floss to a badge and replace it with something more "native."

Quote from: HEMI666 on February 18, 2009, 12:13:19 PM
I told you that you're a pussy. :lol:

:rage:

SVT666

Quote from: the Teuton on February 18, 2009, 12:15:22 PM
I have a JDM Subaru badge on my car.  It's not too hard to take a blowdryer and some dental floss to a badge and replace it with something more "native."

:rage:
That's true.  I can replace the grille in my SVT with the cleaner looking European grille without any problems.

Yawn

Quote from: HEMI666 on February 18, 2009, 12:12:45 PM

They will be coming back.. Some models will be sold as FIATS and Alfa Romeos and some will be as Chrysler so they can have fuel efficient vehicles by 2011 or so

SVT666

Chrysler leaks U.S.-bound Alfa Romeo model names

Surprisingly, Chrysler leaked previously confidential information about tentative plans a Chrysler-Fiat tie-up would produce, including the model names of the first two Alfa Romeos to arrive in North America. In an attempt to both resonate with Alfa enthusiasts lingering for the brand?s return, as well as to capture some quintessential Italian romance, the models would be called Milano and Giulia.

Fiat - and especially its luxury subsidiary, Alfa Romeo, has been seeking a return to the lucrative United States market for nearly 15 years. It?s likely that two Alfa Romeos would make it to the U.S. first - the smaller Milano and the larger Giulia.

Both model names have been used before, though Milano served as the North American-specific badge for the wedgy, V6-powered Alfa 75 sedans. Those sedans were high on technology and performance, but a little low on reliability. The new Milano would be the North American specification smaller sedan and hatchback that is set to replace the 147 early next year.

Alfa Romeo used the Giulia name for a number of years. Initially a replacement for the Giulietta (think Romeo and Juliet), the Giulia truly brought Alfa Romeo into the mainstream in Italy and abroad. Numerous Giulia models existed, but the best-known variants were the high-performance Super sedan and the Sprint GT (later variants known as Veloce or GTV), both of which inspired and later rivaled the more Teutonic BMW 2002.

Alfa Romeo would revive the Giulia name for its North American-spec 159 sedan replacement, which is due to arrive in Europe in 2011. The current 159 competes against the BMW 3-Seriesand Audi A4, among others.

It?s expected that Alfa Romeo would continue the numerical strategy in Europe, reserving the names only for North America.

sportyaccordy

They should bring over the 500, bare bones but with the most powerful motors.

Or the MiTo with the glorious 3.2L. Wow that would actually be a lot of fun.

2o6

Quote from: sportyaccordy on February 19, 2009, 12:13:25 PM
They should bring over the 500, bare bones but with the most powerful motors.

Or the MiTo with the glorious 3.2L. Wow that would actually be a lot of fun.

100 HP is "enough" since it's lighter and smaller than a Yaris, which manages just fine at 106HP.

Also, a 3.2L wouldn't fit in a car the Size of the MiTo. The MiTo is a subcompact. Imagine a heavy V6 in a mini.  Under and Torquesteer would make it unfun.

Tave

As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=17679.msg1001683#msg1001683 date=1235081325
2,050 for the 1.4 Sport.

Wow, what a fatteh. Swift is only 1,814.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

SVT666

Geneva preview: Alfa Romeo MiTo GTA

Alfa Romeo will use the Geneva Motor Show as the launching pad for itsMiTo GTA, with the first image of the hot hatch hitting the web on Thursday. Based on the standard MiTo, the GTA version promises to give the MINI Cooper JCW edition a run for its money.

Power for the MiTo GTA will come from a 1.75L four-cylinder, producing between 230 and 240 horsepower. To achieve its lofty output, the small, 1.75-liter engine will feature direct injection, variable valve timing, and a turbocharger. The hot hatch will wear a GTA badge like other fast Alfas of the past, and the Italian automaker claims it will be the most powerful car in its class, outgunning the Mini Cooper S and its Works edition by at least 22 horsepower.

The 1.75L engine represents a retro throwback, as a four-cylinder engine of the same displacement was used in Alfa?s Romeo Giulia and Giuliettas of the 1960s.

To set the GTA model apart from lesser MiTos, the hot hatch will feature flared wheel arches and a unique aero kit. To ensure the MiTo GTA?s bite matches its bark, the GTA model will be fitted will high-tech coilover springs and front McPherson struts. Alfa?s Q2 front-wheel torque vectoring system will also be part of the MiTo?s GTA package, although a torsion-beam suspension will still be employed out back.

The MiTo GTA will also be packed with plenty of safety technology, including ABS, electronic stability control and a system to keep torque steer in check.

Check back for more details and live images after the Alfa MiTo GTA makes its debut at next month?s Geneva Motor Show.

2o6

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=17679.msg1001683#msg1001683 date=1235081325
2,050 for the 1.4 Sport.

Perfect. The Yaris comes in at 2200LBS (Liftback) and 2300lbs for the sedan. They turn Single seconds 0-60 times, which is just fine.

hotrodalex

Good job deciding to use actual names. :ohyeah:

CALL_911

Quote from: 2o6 on February 19, 2009, 06:01:28 PM

Perfect. The Yaris comes in at 2200LBS (Liftback) and 2300lbs for the sedan. They turn Single seconds 0-60 times, which is just fine.

That is Like So cool, Isn't It?

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

S204STi

Quote from: HEMI666 on February 19, 2009, 05:52:58 PM
Geneva preview: Alfa Romeo MiTo GTA

Alfa Romeo will use the Geneva Motor Show as the launching pad for itsMiTo GTA, with the first image of the hot hatch hitting the web on Thursday. Based on the standard MiTo, the GTA version promises to give the MINI Cooper JCW edition a run for its money.

Power for the MiTo GTA will come from a 1.75L four-cylinder, producing between 230 and 240 horsepower. To achieve its lofty output, the small, 1.75-liter engine will feature direct injection, variable valve timing, and a turbocharger. The hot hatch will wear a GTA badge like other fast Alfas of the past, and the Italian automaker claims it will be the most powerful car in its class, outgunning the Mini Cooper S and its Works edition by at least 22 horsepower.

The 1.75L engine represents a retro throwback, as a four-cylinder engine of the same displacement was used in Alfa?s Romeo Giulia and Giuliettas of the 1960s.

To set the GTA model apart from lesser MiTos, the hot hatch will feature flared wheel arches and a unique aero kit. To ensure the MiTo GTA?s bite matches its bark, the GTA model will be fitted will high-tech coilover springs and front McPherson struts. Alfa?s Q2 front-wheel torque vectoring system will also be part of the MiTo?s GTA package, although a torsion-beam suspension will still be employed out back.

The MiTo GTA will also be packed with plenty of safety technology, including ABS, electronic stability control and a system to keep torque steer in check.

Check back for more details and live images after the Alfa MiTo GTA makes its debut at next month?s Geneva Motor Show.

I want it... NOW

SVT666

Quote from: R-inge on February 19, 2009, 07:39:21 PM

I want it... NOW
I suddenly find myself wanting the MiTo GTA more then the Fiat 500 Abarth SS.  In the words of Clarkson, "It's brilliant".

S204STi

Quote from: HEMI666 on February 19, 2009, 07:45:20 PM
I suddenly find myself wanting the MiTo GTA more then the Fiat 500 Abarth SS.  In the words of Clarkson, "It's brilliant".

Yeah, the Fiat can go pound sand with this as an option.  Well, assuming it's an option.