Quick Question about Brabus. Wimmer, help!!

Started by oilfilter, August 07, 2005, 08:28:46 PM

oilfilter

Do all Brabus models have the signature twin foglamps, or only some?
When did they start using this twin foglamp design?

I ask because, I see a black CLK430 (320?) everyday, with the BRABUS nameplate on the decklid, and side, but no twin foglamps, or any visible modifications to the interior.

I am wondering if is really just a plain vanilla CLK430(320?) or indeed a true Brabus.

BMWDave

Every picture I am seeing has the twin foglamps...someone could have put a Brabus badge on the car.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

oilfilter

QuoteEvery picture I am seeing has the twin foglamps...someone could have put a Brabus badge on the car.
I think so too.

The only other explanantions would be that sometime in the past Brabus didnt use twin lamps, or the customer has the option of not selecting them.

cawimmer430

Hi Chris,

As far as I know, all Brabus models have twin foglamps: but I could be wrong. The new Brabus A-Class may only have single foglamps (or twin).  
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Colonel Cadillac

I saw a C-240 wagon yesterday driven by a lady in her 40's with the letters CLK-240 on the back. I decided that the dealer screwed up, because I seriously doubt anybody would switch that.  

BMWDave

QuoteI saw a C-240 wagon yesterday driven by a lady in her 40's with the letters CLK-240 on the back. I decided that the dealer screwed up, because I seriously doubt anybody would switch that.
Thats really weird :blink:  

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raza

Twin fogs are a trademark of Brabus, but I believe it's an a la carte option.  Maybe?

:blink:  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT_Power

^that E class only has 1 fog lamp although it looks like it could have another one
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

oilfilter

Strange. that is just the stock fog lamp isnt it?

So, I am still not sure if what I see almost daily is a fake or not. And  I cannot go and ask the owner "Sir, is this thing a fake Brabus" :D

Every morning, in the carpark, I  also see a silver SLK350 with AMG tags on the decklid, instead of the SLK55 tag... :blink:

confusing...

oilfilter

QuoteHi Chris,

As far as I know, all Brabus models have twin foglamps: but I could be wrong. The new Brabus A-Class may only have single foglamps (or twin).
Thanks for the info. I thought so too.

Incidentally, I saw my first M-B A-class here yesterday. :praise:
A blue, funny (but not bad) looking thing.

Btw, its with a 'K', not 'Ch'. ;)