Bentley Continental Supersport

Started by Galaxy, February 25, 2009, 05:22:40 AM

Galaxy

630hp. 800Nm of torque. It has the RWD biased AWD of the new Audis. The weight has been reduced by 110kg.

Not a bad way to top the Continental line before the replacement comes. The white paint does a good job of hiding the somewhat bloated styling.

AltinD

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

Submariner

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

SVT_Power

Quote from: Submariner on February 25, 2009, 08:30:22 AM
Pics don't work.

I was gonna post some silly pictures to say that but I'll just say:

+1
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Submariner

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

VroomVroom

Seats lifted straight from the Veyron with Audi drive train system and Mercedes styling lines :hammerhead:

Cookie Monster

The two vertical grille slots make the car look like it's grinning.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

TBR

Quote from: VroomVroom on February 25, 2009, 04:24:54 PM
Seats lifted straight from the Veyron with Audi drive train system and Mercedes styling lines :hammerhead:

I don't see the Mercedes styling, unless you're talking about it having 4 headlights and I see no need to get into that.

I tend to agree that it's a fat pig of a car, but with the Speed edition and then this they are trying to make it less of one.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: TBR on February 25, 2009, 05:24:08 PM
I don't see the Mercedes styling, unless you're talking about it having 4 headlights and I see no need to get into that.

I tend to agree that it's a fat pig of a car, but with the Speed edition and then this they are trying to make it less of one.

The styling is formal in a way that Mercedes are often formal, but beyond that, I see no obvious plagiarism.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

sandertheshark

Quote from: Raza  on February 25, 2009, 12:25:39 PM
How very un-Bentley.

The 21st-century Bentley is for people who want the image of a car like a Rolls-Royce but can't be bothered to have any taste.

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Submariner

It's still heavy...but they bothered to remove the rear seats?

Silly. 

the Teuton

Is this the end of the line model for this generation of the Conti GT?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

AltinD

It's a GT car for god sake, not a Caterham7

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

sportyaccordy

A 4000 lb Phaeton w/racing seats yay

SVT_Power

Tave

As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

sportyaccordy

ChrisV

Quote from: sportyaccordy on February 26, 2009, 01:13:36 PM
Then why bother with a racing version?

Apparently you forgot about the most famous Bentley:

A HUGE racing car that prompted Ettore Bugatti to say "Bentley makes the fastest trucks in Europe."

Bentley has a long history of making ultimate sporting versions of it's big luxury cars, and making them work damn well indeed.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

hotrodalex

TBR

Quote from: ChrisV on February 26, 2009, 01:30:32 PM
Apparently you forgot about the most famous Bentley:

A HUGE racing car that prompted Ettore Bugatti to say "Bentley makes the fastest trucks in Europe."

Bentley has a long history of making ultimate sporting versions of it's big luxury cars, and making them work damn well indeed.

No, Bentley has a quite short history of racing their cars, it just happened a long time ago.

TBR

Quote from: Tave on February 26, 2009, 12:27:19 PM
It's a Bentley.

That's an acceptable excuse for the Arnage, but I have never felt like the Continental GT was a proper Bentley. I don't know why since at this point the Arnage probably has as much VW engineering as the Continental.

Galaxy

Quote from: TBR on February 26, 2009, 08:48:22 PM
No, Bentley has a quite short history of racing their cars, it just happened a long time ago.

ChrisV

Quote from: TBR on February 26, 2009, 08:48:22 PM

I did NOT say a long history of RACING their cars. Read it again. I said thay have a long history of making ultmate sporting editions of its big luxury cars. A significant difference. Some of their cars have indeed been racing cars, but making fast versions of luxury sedans is definitely thier history right from the start. WO Bentley determined that a Bentley should offer a blend of speed, strength and quality unrivalled anywhere in the world. This new car is a perfect example of his original philosophy.

Submariner

Quote from: ChrisV on February 27, 2009, 07:51:24 AM
I did NOT say a long history of RACING their cars. Read it again. I said thay have a long history of making ultmate sporting editions of its big luxury cars. A significant difference. Some of their cars have indeed been racing cars, but making fast versions of luxury sedans is definitely thier history right from the start. WO Bentley determined that a Bentley should offer a blend of speed, strength and quality unrivalled anywhere in the world. This new car is a perfect example of his original philosophy.

Agreed.

But the removal of the rear seats is still stupid.

TBR

Quote from: ChrisV on February 27, 2009, 07:51:24 AM

What ultimate sporting edition of a car have they made since the '20s?

Tave

As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

ChrisV

Quote from: TBR on February 27, 2009, 09:36:15 AM
What ultimate sporting edition of a car have they made since the '20s?

Man, reading comprehension is a big problem on these boards.