Additional Lucerne pics and info

Started by ifcar, August 08, 2005, 10:18:12 AM

Raghavan

The center stakc looks a  bit dull, and the wood around the guages look a bit wierd.

BMWDave

Overall, a very nice car.  The wood and leather look very nice.  this is a solid effort of a car.  The taillights have a bit of a resemblance to some VW ones, though.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

TBR

I love it, the CXS version should give some real competition to top level Avalons.

BMWDave

QuoteI love it, the CXS version should give some real competition to top level Avalons.
I like its styling (exterior) a lot better than the Avalon..this is really a very nice car on GM's part.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

QuoteOverall, a very nice car.  The wood and leather look very nice.  this is a solid effort of a car.  The taillights have a bit of a resemblance to some VW ones, though.
I was thinking the same thing. I also think the front looks a bit like a Sable from certain angles, and the headlights are too big, but it looks much better from the outside overall in those pics than in previous ones. The interior looks nice, but Chrysler wants its LHS seats back.

BMWDave

QuoteOverall, a very nice car.? The wood and leather look very nice.? this is a solid effort of a car.? The taillights have a bit of a resemblance to some VW ones, though.
I was thinking the same thing. I also think the front looks a bit like a Sable from certain angles, and the headlights are too big, but it looks much better from the outside overall in those pics than in previous ones. The interior looks nice, but Chrysler wants its LHS seats back.
Definitely, the seats are very similar to the LHS and the 300m.

2007 Honda S2000

mazda6er

Looks more like the new Impala than I thought it was going to. Seems to be a very high-quality product.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

R33 GT-R

Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

ifcar

Quoteanother lazy topic :rolleyes:
You don't exactly take hints very well. One would expect anyone with at least a quarter of a brain to realize that a comment that was already deleted at least four times had already been deemed deletable in some way. The thread is entirely on-topic, and some consider it interesting.  

Catman

I really can't say anything bad about it.  Maybe the fender vents could go, they look tacked on and cheesy.  And, maybe different wheels would look better, but I'm being picky. Overall it's a solid effort by GM and does have a nicer shape than the Avalon.

SJ_GTI

If I absolutely had to choose between this and the Avalon, I would take this I guess.

Other than that i can't think of any car in this class I wouldn't choose over this car. I would prefer a Maxima, 300c, heck even a Ford CV!

Well okay maybe not the Ford... :lol:  

Raza

I'd take the Max in a second.  Stickshift..
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

280Z Turbo

Does GM have to use the same ugly steering wheel in every new model?!

TBR

I don't find this particular steering wheel ugly at all. it is much better than some of the ones BMW and MB use.  

giant_mtb

The steering wheel is nice, but it's sort of bland/plain...no biggy, though.  Don't need to not buy a car just because of the steering wheel.  :P  

Colonel Cadillac

I find that the steering wheel is a good shape, actually. Not bad.

Overall, I like the car very much for what it is. It looks like a very solid and well rounded car.  

Raza

The wheel looks fine, a lot like the ones found in other luxury marques.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SJ_GTI

I don't think the steering wheel is ugly, though its not pretty either. Bland is a good word for it.

I like the wheel on the 500, and think a wheel with the same design would fit here perfectly. Normally I prefer 3-spokers but in this kind of car the straight-edge 4-spokers look best.

Raza

Stop complaining about steering wheels, guys.  You want too much for too little.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Car Zeus

It looks nice but I would still take the Avalon over it.