Aston Martin for sale? Again?

Started by SVT666, March 05, 2009, 09:34:30 AM

SVT666

Aston Martin for sale? Again?

Just last year, Ford sold British sports car maker Aston Martin to a consortium of investors led by Kuwait?s Investment Dar. But the storied brand could change hands again. Investment Dar is said to be considering selling a stake in the company ? or perhaps the whole thing ? as part of its debt restructuring.

Although Aston is seeing tough times ? the company laid off a third of its staff in December ? the reason for the potential sale has more to do with the investors? financial situation than anything else, according to the U.K.?s Financial Times.

Investment Dar was founded in 1994 by a group of prominent Kuwaiti investors. Today, it has a debt of $3.4 billion, which is currently in the process of being restructured. This could include equity swaps and other asset sales.

The firm paid over $848 million for Aston Martin, and it?s conceivable it might wish to minimize further risk by shedding the car company. That said, no firm numbers have surfaced as a part of these rumors.

the Teuton

I hope Prodrive keeps what they bought.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

NomisR

Quote from: the Teuton on March 05, 2009, 10:10:41 AM
I hope Prodrive keeps what they bought.

Prodrive Aston Martin Rally Car??   :wub:

the Teuton

Quote from: NomisR on March 05, 2009, 10:42:50 AM
Prodrive Aston Martin Rally Car??   :wub:

AWD boxer H12 Aston Martin.  :wub: :wub:
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

SVT666

cozmik

Well, considering how closely Diamler seems to be working with Aston these days, I'd say they're the most likely suitor for the moment if this is indeed true.

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

NomisR

Quote from: cozmik on March 05, 2009, 11:25:01 AM
Well, considering how closely Diamler seems to be working with Aston these days, I'd say they're the most likely suitor for the moment if this is indeed true.
Daimler?    :facepalm:

I hope not.

TBR

Quote from: NomisR on March 05, 2009, 11:28:05 AM
Daimler?    :facepalm:

I hope not.

Me too.

They have already ruined one great car company.

AltinD

Quote from: TBR on March 05, 2009, 11:31:30 AM
Me too.

They have already ruined one great car company.

Cause the other two great car companies have been doing good all these time, right?

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

hotrodalex

the Teuton

Quote from: hotrodalex on March 05, 2009, 01:28:57 PM
No. Just no.

You should be ashamed.

WWED?

If they did it, it must be cool.