Lamborghini hit by order cancellations

Started by SVT666, March 05, 2009, 12:44:01 PM

SVT666

Lamborghini hit by order cancellations amid economic crisis

?I always said there is no immunity for luxurybrands. It was only a matter of time,? Winkelmann said in an interview at the Geneva Motor show with the Associated Press. He said the luxury market appears to be down 40 percent in the first two months of 2009. ?We?re not there, but close,? he said, referring to Lambo?s sales declines.

The good news for customers with cars currently on order is wait times have dropped significantly, from over one year to roughly six months. The company has received 100 orders for the new $450,000 Murcielago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce (pictured), which is limited to a production run of 350. In a booming economy, there?s little doubt the car would already be sold out.

Winkelmann said despite the problems, the focus is simply on remaining profitable, rather than introducing cheaper models to boost sales. ?It?s about keeping the brand pure, not having it diluted,? Winkelmann said.

Lamborghini put 20 percent of its 1000-person workforce on temporary layoff for two weeks last month. It?s not known if or when further temporary or permanent cuts will come.

SVT666

I think they should start offering rebates of $425,000 on the SuperVeloce and I'll buy one.

mojammer

Maybe I don't get it, bu if the wait time is 6 months, should they still be at full capacity?

NomisR

Quote from: mojammer on March 05, 2009, 04:00:36 PM
Maybe I don't get it, bu if the wait time is 6 months, should they still be at full capacity?

The wait time probably would've been at 1 month rather than 6 months if it wasn't for staff reduction.

mojammer

SVT666

Shamefully, I'm going to say that I actually think that's pretty cool.

the Teuton

Good luck to Lambo.  I'm sure if they could survive pumping out just around 2,000 Diablos over the car's whole lifespan they can manage.

As for that McLambo...I really like that.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

TBR

Quote from: HEMI666 on March 05, 2009, 04:11:24 PM
Shamefully, I'm going to say that I actually think that's pretty cool.

I do to.

Lamborghinis are supposed to be outrageous, that's always been my problem with the Gallardo.

NomisR

NomisR

Quote from: TBR on March 05, 2009, 04:44:18 PM
I do to.

Lamborghinis are supposed to be outrageous, that's always been my problem with the Gallardo.

Yeah, but for some reason, it doesn't have the same Italian outrageousness like the old Lamborghinis.  It feels.. I don't know.. German.

TBR

Quote from: NomisR on March 05, 2009, 04:51:23 PM
Yeah, but for some reason, it doesn't have the same Italian outrageousness like the old Lamborghinis.  It feels.. I don't know.. German.

Exactly. The Murcielago is the best Lamborghini ever built, it has the outrageousness of a Lamborghini with enough German engineering to be a good car. The Gallardo would make a really good Audi though.

NomisR

Quote from: TBR on March 05, 2009, 04:52:42 PM
Exactly. The Murcielago is the best Lamborghini ever built, it has the outrageousness of a Lamborghini with enough German engineering to be a good car. The Gallardo would make a really good Audi though.

It does.. R8!

Submariner

Quote from: Laconian on March 05, 2009, 04:43:04 PM
Lambo, by way of the SuperFX chip.

I would guess you're refering to the SuperNintendo FX chip?
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Laconian

Quote from: Submariner on March 05, 2009, 05:54:31 PM
I would guess you're refering to the SuperNintendo FX chip?
Yes. It looks like a ship from Star Fox.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

sportyaccordy

Quote from: NomisR on March 05, 2009, 04:53:31 PM
It does.. R8!
Chill

I see an R8 every day and I have seen a few Gallardos. The R8 is wider than an A8... a Gallardo is comically small.

That said, Lambos are all about inciting emotion and passion... in person the Gallardo is about 98% low flying saucer and 2% passione

Submariner

Quote from: Laconian on March 05, 2009, 06:53:51 PM
Yes. It looks like a ship from Star Fox.

Eh...The front looks like ass...everything behind the front wheel looks good though. 
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

NomisR

Quote from: Submariner on March 06, 2009, 01:59:38 PM
Eh...The front looks like ass...everything behind the front wheel looks good though. 

ALso, is it just me or does that thing look small?

68_427

That's because it's not an actual Lamborghini.  Person on my other forum took that picture.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Yawn

they need to get someone to reopen to oc lambo shop.. its been closed for many months and was 10% of companies sales.... many people are not willing to drive to LA or SD for service...

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: mojammer on March 05, 2009, 04:06:26 PM
They should add this to their lineup, it'll boost orders fo' sho.

http://jalopnik.com/tag/mclarenzbo/?id=5165061

SWEET
IF you take off the tacky crap on the sides and have TWO girls to ride "shotgun"..
Will

SVT666

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on March 07, 2009, 11:33:19 AM
SWEET
IF you take off the tacky crap on the sides and have TWO girls to ride "shotgun"..
What tacky crap?

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: HEMI666 on March 07, 2009, 11:49:48 AM
What tacky crap?

Right in front of the rear wheels.

I KNOW it's functional but at least make it look ok...
Will

SVT666

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on March 07, 2009, 05:14:02 PM
Right in front of the rear wheels.

I KNOW it's functional but at least make it look ok...
It looks almost identical to what you find on the LP640.

BimmerM3

I too like the McLambo, though I really want to know what's under all sheet metal.

And I know I'm in the minority here, but I like the styling of the Gallardo better than that of the Murcielago. The Murc is just too big, too long. I just looks weird to me.

SVT666

Quote from: BimmerM3 on March 11, 2009, 07:39:04 AM
I too like the McLambo, though I really want to know what's under all sheet metal.

And I know I'm in the minority here, but I like the styling of the Gallardo better than that of the Murcielago. The Murc is just too big, too long. I just looks weird to me.
It is just you.  The Gallardo isn't over the top like a Lambo is supposed to be.  The Murc is even on the tame side for Lambo.

mojammer

Maybe I'm out of touch with what a Lamborghini should be, but I think stylewise the LP640 is just shy of excellent, and the LP560 is even better as long as it doesn't have those multi-star spoke wheels, like this:

NomisR

Quote from: HEMI666 on March 11, 2009, 07:44:25 AM
It is just you.  The Gallardo isn't over the top like a Lambo is supposed to be.  The Murc is even on the tame side for Lambo.

Both are too tame for a Lamborghini.   While the Gallardo is a good looking car.. it's just doesn't have the passion.. that's why I like Paganis more than Lambos now.