Ran a red light......FLASH........FLASH........... Nooooooo!

Started by BENZ BOY15, March 07, 2009, 09:13:33 PM

BENZ BOY15

Well, I went to San Francisco  :ohyeah: :cry:. I had a feeling something was going to go badly just given how many close calls I had with various psychotic liberals.

I avoided the bitch who decided to stop on the 101 before the golden gate.  :clap:Made it over the bridge, going down past the presidio into Sunset and flash, flash, flash.
:hammerhead: :cheers: :thumbsup:At first, I didn't know what it was. Truth be told, I wasn't really paying attention to the stoplights. I was paying attention to the lady riding :rastaman: :ohyeah: my ass in the Hummer and the guy next to me who was getting pretty close.

So I ran the red light. It's bad, but at least there were two other people on my left and right that got it with me (the hummer decided to pass on the right) and we all got fucked over at the same time.

I really want to see the picture. I'm biting the end of my ray-bans nervously, the guy in the Audi to my left is probably screaming something and the mom with her huge glasses is talking on the phone...... :lol:

I'll get a big fine, I'll go to court and hopefully (!) have it dropped or something, but that's not going to happen.

At least my dad did the same thing the other day, so it could be worse. And my housecleaner got pulled over for running a red a month ago...and she's a perfect person.
:facepalm:

dazzleman

Did you get pulled over by a cop, or get caught by a camera?

You need to start paying attention, man, and stop driving like a ditzy chick.

Have fun in court.  They'll probably let you take the 'bad boy driving school' class and drop the ticket, since this is apparenntly your first ticket.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

TBR

I'd go to court and tell them that it would have been unsafe for you to stop because you had a 8000 lb Hummer tailgating you. Pretend that you were being a conscientious driver instead of just a preoccupied one, if you're going at lying that is...

Back home they put in some cameras and I really do think they cause people to make dangerous decisions. I had a light turn yellow on me and I probably could have gotten through it before it turned red, but I slammed to a stop because I was afraid of getting a ticket. The 18 wheeler behind me (who was, mind you, probably going to fast, but then people always do on that stretch of road) had to steer around me onto the shoulder with his tires screaming in order to miss me.

Tave

You were too busy looking at the car next to you to notice a stoplight?

You might get lucky. Since there were other cars in the intersection, one of them might have blocked the picture of your license plate or face.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

dazzleman

Quote from: TBR on March 08, 2009, 09:11:24 AM
I'd go to court and tell them that it would have been unsafe for you to stop because you had a 8000 lb Hummer tailgating you. Pretend that you were being a conscientious driver instead of just a preoccupied one, if you're going at lying that is...

Back home they put in some cameras and I really do think they cause people to make dangerous decisions. I had a light turn yellow on me and I probably could have gotten through it before it turned red, but I slammed to a stop because I was afraid of getting a ticket. The 18 wheeler behind me (who was, mind you, probably going to fast, but then people always do on that stretch of road) had to steer around me onto the shoulder with his tires screaming in order to miss me.

I'd much rather get a ticket than get slammed by an 18-wheeler.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

dazzleman

Quote from: Tave on March 08, 2009, 09:12:27 AM

You might get lucky. Since there were other cars in the intersection, one of them might have blocked the picture of your license plate or face.

Driving like a ditz and not paying attention leads to much worse than tickets.  I'd say BenzBoy should take this ticket as a warning, and clean up his act.  If you're going to break the law, it should be deliberate and well thought-out, not the result of being too busy doing everything but driving.

TBR

Quote from: dazzleman on March 08, 2009, 09:44:50 AM
I'd much rather get a ticket than get slammed by an 18-wheeler.

It was definitely a bad decision, but that's what these cameras make you do.

dazzleman

Quote from: TBR on March 08, 2009, 09:57:21 AM
It was definitely a bad decision, but that's what these cameras make you do.

That's definitely a down side.  Did you know for sure there was a camera there, or did you just suspect it?

TBR

Quote from: dazzleman on March 08, 2009, 10:01:50 AM
That's definitely a down side.  Did you know for sure there was a camera there, or did you just suspect it?

There's definitely a camera there.

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Laconian

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on March 07, 2009, 09:13:33 PM
At least my dad did the same thing the other day, so it could be worse. And my housecleaner got pulled over for running a red a month ago...and she's a perfect person.
That's some stupid rationalization right there. You're in denial. Drive better, dammit.

Why the Atomic quantity of smilies?
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

BENZ BOY15

It was bad.

But to tell you the truth, I would have rather blown through the stoplight with the H2 behind me than risk yet another accident.

And yes, it was my first ticket.

dazzleman

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on March 08, 2009, 01:38:12 PM
It was bad.

But to tell you the truth, I would have rather blown through the stoplight with the H2 behind me than risk yet another accident.

And yes, it was my first ticket.

Was it from a cop or a camera?

I don't think it really matters how many tickets you get, as long as you avoid accidents.  Unfortunately, you've had several crackups, and to me, that's more telling than a ticket or two.  Lots of my friends racked up numerous tickets in their 20s, but no accidents, and I'd have driven with them over other people I knew who rarely or never got tickets, but had some crackups.

Just pay attention to your driving, and if you're going to get a ticket, let it be for something you did deliberately, and weighed the safety consequences of before you did it.

Submariner

You may be 20, but you have the mentality of my girlfriends 14 year old, Jonas Brother's worshiping sister. 
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

BENZ BOY15

It was a camera.

But wait....how are they going to get me if I don't have a license plate on the front of my car? Cuz I don't have one.

I guess they won't, then. :lol:

Submariner

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on March 08, 2009, 02:07:26 PM
It was a camera.

But wait....how are they going to get me if I don't have a license plate on the front of my car? Cuz I don't have one.

One photographs the back end of your car...
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Tave on March 08, 2009, 09:12:27 AM

There's a reason why he's 20 and has totalled two cars.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Rupert

Quote from: dazzleman on March 08, 2009, 09:46:05 AM
Driving like a ditz and not paying attention leads to much worse than tickets.  I'd say BenzBoy should take this ticket as a warning, and clean up his act.  If you're going to break the law, it should be deliberate and well thought-out, not the result of being too busy doing everything but driving.

You'd think the first 45 accidents would have been warning enough...
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

dazzleman

Quote from: Psilos on March 08, 2009, 05:31:15 PM
You'd think the first 45 accidents would have been warning enough...

:lol:
True, very true.  I don't get it.

Raza

Quote from: dazzleman on March 08, 2009, 06:33:23 PM
:lol:
True, very true.  I don't get it.

Well, when they separate him from the steering wheel of his car with a spatula, maybe then he'll get the idea.

Pay fucking attention.  You're running around talking about the car behind you or the car next to you, and justifying your idiocy, but the fact of the matter is that millions of people have to worry about other cars every fucking day, and they don't go running red lights. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

VTEC_Inside

Quote from: dazzleman on March 08, 2009, 01:41:25 PM
I don't think it really matters how many tickets you get, as long as you avoid accidents.  Unfortunately, you've had several crackups, and to me, that's more telling than a ticket or two.  Lots of my friends racked up numerous tickets in their 20s, but no accidents, and I'd have driven with them over other people I knew who rarely or never got tickets, but had some crackups.

Gotta deviate from the topic here for tiny bit, but I'm glad someone else mentioned this.

I've gotten more speeding tickets than any of my long time friends. That often leads to playful jabs at my driving. Yet I'm the only out of the bunch of us that hasn't written off a car. 
Honda, The Heartbeat of Japan...
2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT 252hp 273lb/ft
2006 Acura CSX Touring 160hp 141lb/ft *Sons car now*
2004 Acura RSX Type S 6spd 200hp 142lb/ft
1989 Honda Accord Coupe LX 5spd 2bbl 98hp 109lb/ft *GONE*
Slushies are something to drink, not drive...

dazzleman

Quote from: VTEC_Inside on March 15, 2009, 11:32:56 AM
Gotta deviate from the topic here for tiny bit, but I'm glad someone else mentioned this.

I've gotten more speeding tickets than any of my long time friends. That often leads to playful jabs at my driving. Yet I'm the only out of the bunch of us that hasn't written off a car. 

I'd consider that ticket count to be a badge of honor, something to lord over your friends.... :praise:

They're just jealous that you're higher on the cool-o-meter than they are...... :evildude:  I was always jealous of my friends who got more tickets than I did.  I was actually about in the middle of the pack when it came to frequency of getting bagged when we were younger.  But I always considered the friends who got a lot of tickets 'cooler' than the ones who never got busted.  Stupid mentality, I guess, but I don't think I'm alone in thinking that way.

TurboDan

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on March 08, 2009, 02:07:26 PM
It was a camera.

The cameras take two pictures - one of your face and one of your plate.  Also, Benzie, why would you go to court over this?  They can't assess points based on red light cams, it's just a fine.  Going to court isn't worth it just to save a few bucks.

dazzleman

Quote from: TurboDan on March 15, 2009, 01:00:10 PM
The cameras take two pictures - one of your face and one of your plate.  Also, Benzie, why would you go to court over this?  They can't assess points based on red light cams, it's just a fine.  Going to court isn't worth it just to save a few bucks.

Honestly, I doubt he even got a ticket.  He only thinks there was a camera at that intersection when he ran the light.  He hasn't said anything about the ticket arriving in the mail.