Chinese Yuan
2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

280Z Turbo

The Pirate

1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Soup DeVille

I'm going with monopoly money, as its the one least likely to decrease in value.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

The Pirate

Quote from: Soup DeVille on March 07, 2009, 10:02:35 PM
Hard to make change with.

Make age be the value.  You buy something that costs 15, and you pay with a 40 year old woman.  Your change is a 25 year old woman.

There's some logistics to work out still, but I really don't see a downside.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Rich

The dollar is up from 84 yen/$ to 96 yen/$ now...

hopefully it keeps going, so when I get back to the US inflation hasn't taken hold yet.  After I buy the car I want, I won't care as much :lol:

2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Soup DeVille on March 07, 2009, 10:02:35 PM
Hard to make change with.

No problem. Just cut them in half.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

the Teuton

So my mom has a $500 Confederate bond on the wall downstairs.  When will that be legal tender again?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

rohan

I'm going with the new standard chosen by Chairman Berry.

IOU's are now the only legal federal tender

March 8, 2009

Washinton D.C.

In a suprising move by the Obama administration, the White House Chief of Staff, Rahm Emanual, announced early this morning that the Treasury Department will be issuing a new state currancy.

Emanual advised that the dollar, commonly called the "Greenback" will be immediately removed from service by the Treasury Department and replaced with vacant IOU's. 

Emanual stated that these IOU's would be printed on plain white paper and have little or no value.  He stated the entire system balanced on the willingness of the Chinese government to continue buying our debt, and warned against false hopes and dreams. 

"I cannot make this warning strongly enough, we have no intention of valuing this currency.  We do, however, desire that the American people allow us to produce as much of this currancy as we need without question." 

http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

Galaxy

Quote from: Laconian on March 07, 2009, 10:35:27 PM

Those are from fall 2008. They have since issued new notes.

The sad thing is, even with all those big numbers the Zimbabwean $ is still one of the few currencies which is worth less then the paper it is printed on.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: rohan on March 08, 2009, 08:29:24 AM
I'm going with the new standard chosen by Chairman Berry.

IOU's are now the only legal federal tender

March 8, 2009

Washinton D.C.

In a suprising move by the Obama administration, the White House Chief of Staff, Rahm Emanual, announced early this morning that the Treasury Department will be issuing a new state currancy.

Emanual advised that the dollar, commonly called the "Greenback" will be immediately removed from service by the Treasury Department and replaced with vacant IOU's. 

Emanual stated that these IOU's would be printed on plain white paper and have little or no value.  He stated the entire system balanced on the willingness of the Chinese government to continue buying our debt, and warned against false hopes and dreams. 

"I cannot make this warning strongly enough, we have no intention of valuing this currency.  We do, however, desire that the American people allow us to produce as much of this currancy as we need without question." 

October of last year, the size of the money supply spiked. Gee I wonder what Chairman Obama had to do with that, or what, if anything, McCain would have done differently.

I don't care what currency we use, as long as its not created at the whim of private banks as it is now. Do away with the whole Federal Reserve fractional banking system and let the Treasury take control of the money supply again.

dazzleman

Quote from: sportyaccordy on March 08, 2009, 09:28:56 AM
October of last year, the size of the money supply spiked. Gee I wonder what Chairman Obama had to do with that, or what, if anything, McCain would have done differently.

I don't care what currency we use, as long as its not created at the whim of private banks as it is now. Do away with the whole Federal Reserve fractional banking system and let the Treasury take control of the money supply again.

Obama was handed a mess, and he's making it worse, in ways that have nothing to do with the mess he was handed.  That's the bottom line.

The money supply is way up due to moves by the Fed last fall.  Obama will compound that problem with trillions of dollars of additional deficit spending that is unrelated to the current economic problems.

He's a master at criticizing other people for doing the same things he is doing.  He makes a legitimate criticism of Bush for adding an entitlement (prescription drug benefits) without a funding source, and then he goes and does the same thing x 10.

He's just another sleazy politician, if anything worse than many of the others because to some people at least, he's not quite as transparent.

The remarkable thing here is not the difference between the Bush and Obama administrations, but the similarities and continuity between the two.  Both have economic and fiscal policies predicated upon spending more than we have, and borrowing the difference.  Until we change that, there can't be a real recovery.  Obama will probably get the economy going again artificially, as Bush did, in time to win re-election, at the price of a crash later that's even worse than what we have now.  That seems to be the cycle we're in because we can't face up to our overspending addiction.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Soup DeVille

Quote from: the Teuton on March 07, 2009, 11:23:10 PM
So my mom has a $500 Confederate bond on the wall downstairs.  When will that be legal tender again?

Confederate money was goldand silver certificates, redeemable upon request. As long as you were requesting it from the confederate goverment that is. There are a few groups in the country that claim the title of representing the CSA. Shoot them an email and tell them you want their gold.

MX793

Quote from: Soup DeVille on March 08, 2009, 02:43:53 PM
Confederate money was goldand silver certificates, redeemable upon request. As long as you were requesting it from the confederate goverment that is. There are a few groups in the country that claim the title of representing the CSA. Shoot them an email and tell them you want their gold.

Be sure it's adjusted for the current market value of gold and silver.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Soup DeVille

Quote from: MX793 on March 08, 2009, 03:48:09 PM
Be sure it's adjusted for the current market value of gold and silver.

No, not at all. The ratio was something on the order of $30 equals one ounce. I'd demand that exact ratio.

MX793

Quote from: Soup DeVille on March 08, 2009, 03:49:34 PM
No, not at all. The ratio was something on the order of $30 equals one ounce. I'd demand that exact ratio.

That's what I meant, get it adjusted for what $500 in gold then was (e.g. if $500 in gold then is now worth $10K in gold, get $10K in gold).
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Soup DeVille

Quote from: MX793 on March 08, 2009, 03:53:06 PM
That's what I meant, get it adjusted for what $500 in gold then was (e.g. if $500 in gold then is now worth $10K in gold, get $10K in gold).

Yeah, that's what I meant.

Soup DeVille

But, all kidding aside, an 1864 $500 CSA bond is worth close to $500.

r0tor

no money... but july 4th we will be on the barter system
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

the Teuton

Quote from: Soup DeVille on March 08, 2009, 02:43:53 PM

Did you watch that mockumentary on TV last night about the CSA?  It was priceless.

Quote from: Soup DeVille on March 08, 2009, 04:23:50 PM
But, all kidding aside, an 1864 $500 CSA bond is worth close to $500.

Indeed.  At least it can't depreciate.  My mom is a Lincoln/Civil War guru.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Soup DeVille

Quote from: the Teuton on March 08, 2009, 04:27:06 PM
Did you watch that mockumentary on TV last night about the CSA?  It was priceless.

Indeed.  At least it can't depreciate.  My mom is a Lincoln/Civil War guru.

No, do you have a name or title?

the Teuton

Quote from: Soup DeVille on March 08, 2009, 04:28:09 PM
No, do you have a name or title?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0389828/

It was partly produced by Spike Lee.  It's a hilarious satire on the country had the Confederacy won.  It was so racist I couldn't believe it at times, but it uses real historical footage and splices it to get something really unique.  I enjoyed it.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: the Teuton on March 08, 2009, 04:36:58 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0389828/

It was partly produced by Spike Lee.  It's a hilarious satire on the country had the Confederacy won.  It was so racist I couldn't believe it at times, but it uses real historical footage and splices it to get something really unique.  I enjoyed it.

I'll put it on my list.

Morris Minor

Coffee
Cigarettes
Chocolate
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

SVT666

Quote from: The Pirate on March 07, 2009, 10:04:26 PM
Make age be the value.  You buy something that costs 15, and you pay with a 40 year old woman.  Your change is a 25 year old woman.

There's some logistics to work out still, but I really don't see a downside.
Who's going to decide what women get used?  You could end up with a 29 year old woman with 3 kids, a drug problem, and 300 lbs of excess weight.

rohan

Quote from: sportyaccordy on March 08, 2009, 09:28:56 AM

I'm not sure what you're saying in response to my post to be honest- but you should know I was just being a smartass when I wrote that-
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle