Geneva Show Report

Started by Colin, March 08, 2009, 01:12:03 PM

Colin

I spent all day on Friday at the Geneva Show.

I then spent most of yesterday writing up my report.................. you can find all 4 parts, with over 500 photos (and still no DSLR, before you make the observation, Herr Wimmer!), by going to: http://www.themotor.net and then selecting the "Events" tab........

Enjoy!

dazzleman

Great report and pictures, Colin.  In a way, it was a trip down memory lane, looking at cars like the Peugeot and Fiat that used to be sold in the US, but haven't been for about 20 years.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

MaxPower

Great report.  I know it must be a ton of work, but having pictures of each car from different angles is really nice--lets me get a better feel for them through the internet.

QuoteMAYBACH
Two cars featured on this stand, both badged Zeppelin. One of them was rather elegant, and the other one is the current product.
One of my favorite comments.   :lol:

FoMoJo

I had a quick glance.  I'll wait until I'm at work before going over it in detail.

Much appreciated.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

93JC

Caught a few mistakes:

QuoteThe CTS-V was not getting the sort of attention here that the Americans give it. They reckon it is a better car than the M5, but funnily enough, we do not agree, and Unfortunately I've never seen one on European roads. One look inside is enough to start the alarm bells ringing!

QuoteThe Corvettes were on a separate stand. 4 of them, including the manic ZR1 which the US press reckons can better a 599GTB, Mercedes SL AMG and 911 GT3 and the like!

QuoteFIAT
The stand "hosts" were all wearing the most incredible dresses, made up of white circles about the size of a 5CHF coin all sown on some form of backing!

Pics?! :lol:

Galaxy

Quote from: 93JC on March 10, 2009, 11:44:36 AM
Caught a few mistakes:

Pics?! :lol:

There is only one pic I was able to find of the Fiat girls.

cawimmer430

Nice pictures! Thanks for the time you took to prepare the shots and write your thoughts. Love the white W212 E-Class!  :rockon:

PS: GET A DSLR!!!!!
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie