The 7 Series is Back on Top

Started by BMWDave, August 08, 2005, 09:16:29 PM

Raza

Well, I think the 750 is best in class now.  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ifcar

Who has more sources? That should be a simple settlement.

Raza

QuoteWho has more sources? That should be a simple settlement.
Timmy has two, Davey has one, and I've got my memory.  But I'm on Timmy's side.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ifcar

I'd say two sources beats one source. Sorry, Dave.  

Raza

QuoteI'd say two sources beats one source. Sorry, Dave.
Well, we're beyond that now.  We're debating the validity of sources.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

ifcar

For the purposes of determining whether or not they count, right?  

Raza

For the purposes of determining whether or not they count, right?
Nope.  Just for fun.  

I'm just a spectator, If.  But yes, you're right, 2 does beat one.  Unless we're playing golf.  I love golf.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

BMWDave

Where does he have two sources?  Excuse me if I am missing something, but I thought he only brought in the R/T one.  The C/D wasnt a source proving his point...

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ifcar

Where does he have two sources?  Excuse me if I am missing something, but I thought he only brought in the R/T one.  The C/D wasnt a source proving his point...
Raza says he had two sources, I can't honestly say that I read carefully enough through this thread to determine that myself.  

BMWDave

Raza says he had two sources, I can't honestly say that I read carefully enough through this thread to determine that myself.
Well, as far as I know, he didnt have two sources.  And you should read through the thread before pronouncing the winner :ph34r:  B)  

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

Well, as far as I know, he didnt have two sources.  And you should read through the thread before pronouncing the winner :ph34r:  B)
I thought he had two.  Hrmph.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

850CSi

SJ_GTI

BMWDave

QuoteXJR pwns you all.

Troll :lol:

The XJR is my second favorite in the segment... B)  

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

I'll agree with that. My second source involved some speculation, the only 0-60 number I could find for the S500 from C/D was for a 5-spd 4matic.

Raghavan

Raza

QuoteI still say A8, damn it!
Yes, the slowest, worst handling car is the best.  

I do love it, though.  Just not as good as the Bimmer.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

JYODER240

/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raza

Not nearly.  The Maserati really competes with the S55 AMG and XJR/Super V8 and 760i.  It's got a ride that's not suited for a luxury car, reliability that makes Lotus look reliable (probably), and a transmission that shouldn't be in this car.  It's not a track car and it's not really a luxury cruiser.  The 750i is a better mix of sport and luxury than the Quattroporte is.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

JYODER240

QuoteNot nearly.  The Maserati really competes with the S55 AMG and XJR/Super V8 and 760i.  It's got a ride that's not suited for a luxury car, reliability that makes Lotus look reliable (probably), and a transmission that shouldn't be in this car.  It's not a track car and it's not really a luxury cruiser.  The 750i is a better mix of sport and luxury than the Quattroporte is.
The Maserati has perfomance similar to the 750i, not so much the V12's or AMG's. It is also priced a little lower than those. The ride is firm but not harsh and could definently pass as acceptable, we don't know how reliable it is, and there is nothing wrong with the transmission choice rather it is just not as smooth as it should be in full auto mode. Different buyers will place more emphasis on sport vs. luxury. To you a 750i may be a better mix, to me a Quattroporte, and to some maybe even a LS430 offers a better mix.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raza

QuoteNot nearly.  The Maserati really competes with the S55 AMG and XJR/Super V8 and 760i.  It's got a ride that's not suited for a luxury car, reliability that makes Lotus look reliable (probably), and a transmission that shouldn't be in this car.  It's not a track car and it's not really a luxury cruiser.  The 750i is a better mix of sport and luxury than the Quattroporte is.
The Maserati has perfomance similar to the 750i, not so much the V12's or AMG's. It is also priced a little lower than those. The ride is firm but not harsh and could definently pass as acceptable, we don't know how reliable it is, and there is nothing wrong with the transmission choice rather it is just not as smooth as it should be in full auto mode. Different buyers will place more emphasis on sport vs. luxury. To you a 750i may be a better mix, to me a Quattroporte, and to some maybe even a LS430 offers a better mix.
Well, let me tell you that the Quattroporte, if I were shopping, and I had a second car, would be my first choice.  But overall, luxury car buyers don't have the same priorities that I do.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

850CSi

I guess you felt very different about that in the past...

Quote...Yeah, yeah, it's luxurious, you get it.
What's scary about the car?  The handling.  It's frightening how well it handles, without compromise.  The 745i may handle better, but it does give up ride quality to do it.  The LS430 is the exact opposite.  It handled it self with aplomb through twisties at speeds my friend would never take his Corvette through.  It was surprising how the car just did what I wanted.  A car this big, that weighs this much, shouldn't handle this well.  Compare it to our S320....it's no match.

Raza

I guess you felt very different about that in the past...

Quote...Yeah, yeah, it's luxurious, you get it.
What's scary about the car?  The handling.  It's frightening how well it handles, without compromise.  The 745i may handle better, but it does give up ride quality to do it.  The LS430 is the exact opposite.  It handled it self with aplomb through twisties at speeds my friend would never take his Corvette through.  It was surprising how the car just did what I wanted.  A car this big, that weighs this much, shouldn't handle this well.  Compare it to our S320....it's no match.
Hmm...you did some digging.

It's a great handling car, yes.  But it's not a match for the W220, XJ, or Bimmer.  It was surprisingly nimble, though.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

850CSi

I think I'd agree that it doesn't handle better than the 3 cars you mentioned. But even the difference between those 3 is minimal. The Bimmer stands out, but the XJ and S-Klasse are nearly equal, and the A8 probably isn't very far behind.

850CSi

I would also like to note that I will probably never buy anything that big unless I am successful and my wife wants one or something.

Raza

QuoteI would also like to note that I will probably never buy anything that big unless I am successful and my wife wants one or something.
I would.  You need to make an appearance.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

R33 GT-R

QuoteXJR pwns you all.

Yes, if your 60+ years in age.   ;)  
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

SJ_GTI

QuoteXJR pwns you all.

We can't all be cool enough to drive Nissan's you know.

BMWDave

QuoteXJR pwns you all.

ouch. :D  

2007 Honda S2000

R33 GT-R

QuoteXJR pwns you all.

If your asking if I would rather drive a skyline or your old mans car.  Then I'll be cool. ;)  
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!