New Nissan?

Started by Catman, May 05, 2005, 10:14:27 PM

Catman

Saw this on Autoweek, looks like a Teana.  Someone said a new Kia.

Catman

It's a Teana I think.  Maybe Infiniti will use it to replace the I35?

TurboDan

Hmm..  the rear looks like the Olds Aurora.  But it actually looks pretty nice.  I love the Maxima myself, which looks similar, as stated in the title.

ifcar

I've heard talk of an 07 Maxima facelift, maybe that's what this is.

And it doesn't look like it's supposed to be an Infiniti, in one of the pics you can see where a Nissan badge was ripped off.  

maarp

So where's the infamous "Nissan tooth"?

If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be f'ed up.

ifcar

QuoteSo where's the infamous "Nissan tooth"?
The 05 Altima didn't get it, maybe they've been moving away from it after the somewhat chilly reception of the 2004s to get it (Sentra, Quest, Maxima).  

Catman

We can only hope that the tooth is gone.  While the trucks have a tooth of sorts it actually looks decent on those vehicles.

ifcar

QuoteWe can only hope that the tooth is gone.  While the trucks have a tooth of sorts it actually looks decent on those vehicles.
The truck grille has been that way for something like 15 years, unlike the tooth that came for 04 and may have already begun phaseout.

And I didn't mind the tooth myself, especially on the Sentra, where it helped the grille be more-upright without looking simply blocky.  

IrishGuy

I love how they take off the front emblem yet it's still so easy to tell what manufacturer it's from (ie: the outline of where it should be). I think Catman is right about it being an I35 replacement.
2022 Toyota 4Runner Limited

FlatBlackCaddy

I'm guessing its a updated maxima. Its a fairly large looking car and the roofline looks similar to the current maxima.

I've heard rumors but infiniti is not(to my knowledge) going to replace the I35.
As a matter of brand image no FWD cars will be in the Infiniti stable.

Catman

Maybe there going a little more conservative with the next Maxima by bringing over the Teana which is a little less offensive on the outside and much more upscale on the inside.

TurboDan

QuoteMaybe there going a little more conservative with the next Maxima by bringing over the Teana which is a little less offensive on the outside and much more upscale on the inside.
That would work, especially since the Altima has become the Camry/Accord fighter in the Nissan stable and they need a conservative car in between that and the G35.

ifcar

QuoteI love how they take off the front emblem yet it's still so easy to tell what manufacturer it's from (ie: the outline of where it should be). I think Catman is right about it being an I35 replacement.
You can only tell in a closeup photo, not if you see it driving past you.

And we can tell it's a Nissan logo, why do people keep suggesting that it's an Infiniti?

Fire It Up

Hmm...
Well, its definetly not ugly. But its not beautiful. They should do something with the headlights so it looks a bit more agressive...

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

BMWDave

QuoteI love how they take off the front emblem yet it's still so easy to tell what manufacturer it's from (ie: the outline of where it should be). I think Catman is right about it being an I35 replacement.
You can only tell in a closeup photo, not if you see it driving past you.

And we can tell it's a Nissan logo, why do people keep suggesting that it's an Infiniti?
The rear looks a lot like a Maxima.  It might be its replacement.  Personally, I like the current Maxima a lot better than this thing.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

El Barto

It looks like an updated Maxima to me.  As long as they get rid of that ugly tooth in the grill I'll be happy with the updated Maxima.
2016 Volkswagen GTI (Aug 2015 - Present)
2008 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg (Aug 2011 - Aug 2015)
2003 Saab 9-3 2.0t (Oct 2007 - Aug 2011)
1990 Nissan Maxima SE (July 2003 - Oct 2007)

BMWDave

The rear end looks bloated to me.

2007 Honda S2000

mazda6er

If it is a refreshed Maxima, let's hope they do something with the interior.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

TBR

QuoteIf it is a refreshed Maxima, let's hope they do something with the interior.
Have you been in the new Maxima? Its interior is one of the best for under 30k.

giant_mtb

QuoteHmm...
Well, its definetly not ugly. But its not beautiful. They should do something with the headlights so it looks a bit more agressive...
Agreed.  :)  

mazda6er

QuoteIf it is a refreshed Maxima, let's hope they do something with the interior.
Haven't actually sat in it, but I've seen several up-close and in-person.  It's not bad materials quality, it just seems like there's a little patch of style in the center console and the rest is an expanse of plastic. A little bit sparse is what I'm saying I guess.

--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

ifcar

Haven't actually sat in it, but I've seen several up-close and in-person.  It's not bad materials quality, it just seems like there's a little patch of style in the center console and the rest is an expanse of plastic. A little bit sparse it what I'm saying I guess.

I agree. While the interior is nice enough, it is far from the best under $30K. And considering that options can push it above that, it can't really compete well with cars like the TL for interior quality.  

Lorinser

I'm almost 100% sure that car is a Nissan Teana, which I think was the replacement for the Cefiro(I35) in Asia.

MX793

As already stated, it's a Teana.  It's Maxima based, and basically what the Japanese get instead of our Maxima.  Likewise, its predecessor the Cefiro was also a sister to the Maxima and was sold here as the I35.  I'm not sure if Nissan is going to try selling this as a new I35 or if they're going to replace our Maxima with it or if this was just a car somebody imported.

I personally find it unlikely that there will be a new I35 since Nissan said they were going to move Infiniti to be completely RWD or AWD.  That in mind, this may be a "refreshed" Maxima that may appear in a year or two since the styling of ours wasn't all that well liked.  Personally, I find the Teana more attractive than the Max inside and out, so I hope this is the case.  Or, as stated, maybe some individual (diplomat or somebody) had the car imported and is driving it as their personal vehicle.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Zcarnut

Yeah,its a Teana.I like it personally,but the styling theme is a little vanilla compared to the lineup we have here.Sadly it still looks far sportier than the CamCords to me!
It may have been running around here just to test it in various climates (especially if this was snapped out west).
I do drive a Honda (when im mowing my lawn).

ifcar

QuoteOr, as stated, maybe some individual (diplomat or somebody) had the car imported and is driving it as their personal vehicle.
The fact that the badges are removed suggests its a test vehicle. Also, aren't manufacturer plates blue?

BMWDave

QuoteYeah,its a Teana.I like it personally,but the styling theme is a little vanilla compared to the lineup we have here.Sadly it still looks far sportier than the CamCords to me!
It may have been running around here just to test it in various climates (especially if this was snapped out west).
I also dislike the styling.  It seems to drab.

2007 Honda S2000