Info and pics: New R32

Started by ifcar, August 09, 2005, 09:05:39 AM

Raza

QuoteMeh...almost doesn't seem worth it. Not that i think this is a bad car, but I would be more likely to get the 2.0T GTI once it hits our shores than this. The small turbo engine suits the personality better I think.

Just my own opinion though.
I'm pretty much done with VWAG unless they stick a stick in the A4 3.2.  They no longer sell vehicles that suit my needs.
What's wrong with the A4 2.0T?

Or the S4 6MT?

:P

The no 6MT on the 3.2 is silly IMHO. I don't understand why they don't offer one in the US.
The 2.0T is too slow.  If I can't have a fast car on the side, then I need my daily driver to be fast as well.  I think this 130i might be the one for me.  330i power with the price of a 325 or less.  It's a hatch, sexy as shit, and probably all the mods that can be done to the 330 can be done to the 130.  Much like the C320 Sports Coupe was the smart CLK320, the 130i is the smart 330i.  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raghavan

QuoteFWD biased 4WD sucks. just as bad as FWD, and extra weight too.
Explain that to EVO drivers.  :praise:
The EVO should've been RWD.

Raghavan

On a car that small it's not a big deal.  You can get the back end of a TT out.  I've done it myself.
on a small car, 4wd isn't really needed. you only need 4wd when the power is so great, that two wheels can't handle all the power.

Raza

No no no no nononononononono.

If you think the Evo should be RWD you're missing the point of the Evo.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

On a car that small it's not a big deal.  You can get the back end of a TT out.  I've done it myself.
on a small car, 4wd isn't really needed. you only need 4wd when the power is so great, that two wheels can't handle all the power.
My car can easily overwhelm the front tires, and it's got 170bhp.  The 225bhp TT should do more than that.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

ifcar

You can ignore him when he says things like that.  

Raghavan

If the first Evo had been RWD, then you wouldn't be saying that. Seriously though, if there was a compact RWD, high performance, cheap, lightweight sedan, it'd be my first car.

Raza

If the first Evo had been RWD, then you wouldn't be saying that. Seriously though, if there was a compact RWD, high performance, cheap, lightweight sedan, it'd be my first car.
If the Evo would be RWD it wouldn't be an Evo.  Just as if the Jeep Wrangler was a sedan, it wouldn't be a Jeep Wrangler.

It's a rally bred sedan--that's why it is what it is, and that's what makes it so great.  It's a 4 door bad weather everyday cheap supercar.  Make it rear drive and it's unique for being rear drive, but people wouldn't pay 30 grand for it.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

I probably should, but I have this didactic gene in me somewhere.  It's the same part of me that keeps telling me to be a teacher instead of a financial analyst.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TBR

QuoteI wonder if someone were to hack into the 4motion code, would they be able to lock it inot 50/50?
Yes, it is possible. I believe HPA does that. They make some sick cars, 500+hp R32s and TTs, 0-60 in under 3.5 seconds  :o  :rockon:  

Raza

QuoteI wonder if someone were to hack into the 4motion code, would they be able to lock it inot 50/50?
Yes, it is possible. I believe HPA does that. They make some sick cars, 500+hp R32s and TTs, 0-60 in under 3.5 seconds  :o  :rockon:
That HPA R32, with 550bhp is supposed to kick an Enzo's ass to 60 (by .1 of a second :)).  It's only 32 grand in GT4.   How much in real life?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

ifcar

I probably should, but I have this didactic gene in me somewhere.  It's the same part of me that keeps telling me to be a teacher instead of a financial analyst.
It's easy to find a job as a teacher, if that matters. But you'd probably be fired for swearing at idiot parents.  

TBR

There is a HPA R32 in GT4?!?! Anyway, the one C/D tested in their supercar test cost $81000 and it wasn't even the top model ("just" 450 hp).

TBR

It's easy to find a job as a teacher, if that matters. But you'd probably be fired for swearing at idiot parents.
I think he's more concerned about money than job availability ;)

Raza

I hope to be at the college level as a junior professor, or at the very least in high school.

But yeah, I probably would.

Do I really swear that often?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

You catch on quick.  Yes, money is definitely an issue.  I've got big dreams, and they don't get paid for on a teacher's salary.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raghavan

QuoteThere is a HPA R32 in GT4?!?! Anyway, the one C/D tested in their supercar test cost $81000 and it wasn't even the top model ("just" 450 hp).
yeah. hella cheap too. 31k. :o  

Raza

QuoteThere is a HPA R32 in GT4?!?! Anyway, the one C/D tested in their supercar test cost $81000 and it wasn't even the top model ("just" 450 hp).
Yeah, in the Tuners section.  I did a GT3-->GT4 conversion, so I had $100,000 grand, and instead of buying an E55 or something, I got that, a 350Z, and an SRT-4.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TBR

I hope to be at the college level as a junior professor, or at the very least in high school.

Rarily does a post go buy that you don't use a profane word ;).

And, I wish I had known about the HPA R32 in GT4 earlier.

Raza

Rarily does a post go buy that you don't use a profane word ;).

And, I wish I had known about the HPA R32 in GT4 earlier.
You're fucking kidding me!  I swear that much?

;)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

ifcar

You catch on quick.  Yes, money is definitely an issue.  I've got big dreams, and they don't get paid for on a teacher's salary.
What's your current job?  <_<

And it's not so much that you swear a lot, it's that you would probably have very, very low regard for many your students and their parents.  ;)  

mazda6er

A chick that lives a a few streets down from me (and I think is about my age) drives a previous gen GTI and I keep trying to "run into" her, to see if she's hot. :lol: Not a very aggressive driver though, I saw the car in my rear-view one day and she was dogging it. Sorry to interrupt, carry on...

P.S. Raza has no job and a mild case of Turrets.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Raza

What's your current job?  <_<

And it's not so much that you swear a lot, it's that you would probably have very, very low regard for many your students and their parents.  ;)
I work currently for Automobear (which doesn't pay) and for my dad's company (which pays well).  Other than that, I'm a full time college student.

And you're right.  I do have a low tolerance for idiots.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

ifcar

I was under the impression that you weren't working a real job. My mistake. :)

Raza

QuoteI was under the impression that you weren't working a real job. My mistake. :)
I never claimed that I was.  I'm looking for a career after college, and I'm going to make two or three times most teachers make after I get my CFA.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

ifcar

QuoteI was under the impression that you weren't working a real job. My mistake. :)
I never claimed that I was.  I'm looking for a career after college, and I'm going to make two or three times most teachers make after I get my CFA.
You just said you had a good job at your father's business.  <_<

Good luck with your ambitions, you should be able to reach them unless you kill someone before you get there.  ;)  

Raza

You just said you had a good job at your father's business.  <_<

Good luck with your ambitions, you should be able to reach them unless you kill someone before you get there.  ;)
I said it pays well, which it does.  But it's not a real job.  I don' t have hours or anything like that.  I run errands, and have an ownership in the business.  But it's not like it's a real job.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i