Sketch: Jeep Patriot

Started by ifcar, August 09, 2005, 08:05:39 PM

ifcar

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

giant_mtb

It appears visibility will be a problem... <_<  

93JC

It appears way the hell too much like a certain other Jeep I know of...

Colonel Cadillac

What's the point of it, the Liberty, the Commander, the Grand Cherokee, and allegedly the 4-door Wrangler are all doing just fine. Jeep doesn't need another 4-door SUV right now.  

thewizard16

QuoteWhat's the point of it, the Liberty, the Commander, the Grand Cherokee, and allegedly the 4-door Wrangler are all doing just fine. Jeep doesn't need another 4-door SUV right now.
Agreed. Especially not one that looks like a non-rounded Liberty.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

ifcar

They're looking to attract people who want a softer ride in something smaller than a GC.

SVT_Power

QuoteThey're looking to attract people who want a softer ride in something smaller than a GC.
whats a liberty for?
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

mazda6er

QuoteThey're looking to attract people who want a softer ride in something smaller than a GC.
whats a liberty for?
The Liberty is for precisely what ifcar is suggesting the Patriot would be for, thus they do not need it. (good point)  ;)  :lol:  
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

ifcar

whats a liberty for?
The Liberty is for precisely what ifcar is suggesting the Patriot would be for, thus they do not need it. (good point)  ;)  :lol:
The Liberty doesn't have ride and handling at close to the level of car-based utes.

JYODER240

The Patriot is a sweet name though ;)  
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

mazda6er

whats a liberty for?
The Liberty doesn't have ride and handling at close to the level of car-based utes.
We didn't say the Liberty performed its job well, we merely said these trucks appear to be built for the same purpose, and thus, are too similar to coexist.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Catman

That 4-door Wrangler (AKA Rescue) looks really cool.  Maybe they'll offer a Rubicon version.  :rockon:  This Patriot looks like any other SUV in my opinion.

ifcar

whats a liberty for?
We didn't say the Liberty performed its job well, we merely said these trucks appear to be built for the same purpose, and thus, are too similar to coexist.
The Liberty has its "Trail-Rated" off-road ability, so it has to compromise between ability and comfort. The car-based Patriot will not.

Catman

So it will be "Parking Lot Rated". ;)  

93JC

QuoteSo it will be "Parking Lot Rated". ;)

Tom

lol^

Has anyone else noticed that drivers of newer Jeeps are assholes?  They always seem to be the ones that tailgate you when you are stuck behind a line of cars, don't signal, etc