So, shortly my car may not be California legal

Started by ChrisV, March 26, 2009, 11:57:02 AM

JWC

In less humid areas, you guys can always go back to swamp coolers mounted on the passenger door.

JWC

In the future, all cars will be green.  Their surfaces will be a clay-like surface, mixed with plant nutrients, that can sustain a thick, live grass.  This will reduce reflective heat and the plant life will help offset global warming.

Come on...admit it...deep down, you fear that this is what environmentalist really want!

Eye of the Tiger

Grass Car is no match for Adobe, the sassy new Mexican import that's made of clay!
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

MX793

Quote from: NACar on March 27, 2009, 07:28:05 PM
Grass Car is no match for Adobe, the sassy new Mexican import that's made of clay!

German engineering meets Mexican know-how...
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

S204STi

Just to add yet another unscientific little story to the mix, I can notice a significant temperature difference inside my blue WRX versus my white Outback, (outback being cooler), which both use the same brand and shade window tint and have dark grey/black interiors.  The Outback also has a lot more window surface and overall surface area to bake itself with.

Would it make a big difference in A/C use?  Certainly, if the vehicles have sat unused for a period of time in the sun.  It would require more A/C use to bring the temps down in the Impreza, but that said I leave the A/C on almost all the time in the summer like most folks, so I wouldn't notice a real difference at the gas pump.

TBR

The WRX also has leather, doesn't it? That probably makes a difference too.

gasoline

This is where we have reached.
Absurdity is creeping and creeping into our lives and we're here discussing "paint additives"?
-----------------------------------

hotrodalex

Quote from: TBR on March 28, 2009, 04:07:53 PM
The WRX also has leather, doesn't it? That probably makes a difference too.

I don't see much of a difference between leather or cloth. Now vinyl, that's another story...

sportyaccordy

California is so stupid

They should do a real scientific study seeing whether or not paint color actually affects HVAC efficiency in a car. I would bet window tint and interior color would make more of a difference than exterior color. Black leather + no tints = oven