Women find men who drive nice cars sexier

Started by the Teuton, March 27, 2009, 09:50:01 AM

the Teuton

http://gmy.news.yahoo.com/v/12680141 - Video

In any case, will this motivate anyone here to get a BMW the next time out?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Tave

It's amazing that someone was paid to make the observation.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

the Teuton

Quote from: Tave on March 27, 2009, 09:53:01 AM

You ain't sayin' she's a golddigger...but she ain't messin' with no broke ni**er?

I do agree, but it's no less nonsensical than paying to find out that a Maserati engine note makes people the most horny.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Tave

Quote from: the Teuton on March 27, 2009, 09:55:47 AM
You ain't sayin' she's a golddigger...but she ain't messin' with no broke ni**er?

Touche
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Laconian

Enjoying your 21st century journalism? It's a lot cheaper to produce than investigating things that matter.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

sportyaccordy

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 27, 2009, 10:28:42 AM
Women? Or sluts?  :huh:
Don't hate the player, hate that the brands that attract women have the cachet to charge a premium over brands with a lower perception of class...

cawimmer430

Quote from: sportyaccordy on March 27, 2009, 11:12:37 AM
Don't hate the player, hate that the brands that attract women have the cachet to charge a premium over brands with a lower perception of class...

I keep picturing this in my head.

A Porsche driver walks into a sleazy bar and meets some women who want to bang him just because he drives a Porsche.

Are those women "women" or "sluts"?  :huh:  :lol:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

SVT32V

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 27, 2009, 11:15:59 AM

A Porsche driver walks into a sleazy bar and meets some women who want to bang him just because he drives a Porsche.

It is no mystery it is biology, men with stuff are successful, much like the caveman with lots of food etc. was better than the sickly scrawny caveman without stuff.

What should nature do wire women to waste their eggs on incompetent males and then have incompetent children. 

We would not have made it this far.

ChrisV

it's no differnt than men who are clean, who wear nice clothes, have nice houses, etc.

Which would women be more attracted to:

or

Has nothing to do with being slutty.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Byteme

Quote from: ChrisV on March 27, 2009, 12:29:04 PM
it's no differnt than men who are clean, who wear nice clothes, have nice houses, etc.

Which would women be more attracted to:

Some women?  The first guy if he had a lot of money.     Others might see him as a challenge, a project. :lol:

ChrisV

There are always exceptions to the rule. But 99 times out of a hundred, the first guy wouldn't get positive attention looking like that.

It's the same as going in for a job interview.

NomisR

Quote from: SVT32V on March 27, 2009, 11:34:13 AM
It is no mystery it is biology, men with stuff are successful, much like the caveman with lots of food etc. was better than the sickly scrawny caveman without stuff.

What should nature do wire women to waste their eggs on incompetent males and then have incompetent children. 

We would not have made it this far.

I don't know about that.. Some women seem to have a thing for losers and dead beats.  Just ask those young unwed mothers.

MX793

Wasn't there another study like this a couple of years ago that found that women didn't really care or notice what cars men drove, only whether it was clean and well maintained?
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Byteme

Quote from: NomisR on March 27, 2009, 12:45:03 PM
I don't know about that.. Some women seem to have a thing for losers and dead beats.  Just ask those young unwed mothers.

Birds of a feather perhaps?

SVT32V

Quote from: NomisR on March 27, 2009, 12:45:03 PM

In any population there are the unfit.

Perhaps the trouble with modern society is that such cases don't get weeded out and bad behavior may actually dilute out the more fit.

ChrisV

Quote from: MX793 on March 27, 2009, 12:46:39 PM
Wasn't there another study like this a couple of years ago that found that women didn't really care or notice what cars men drove, only whether it was clean and well maintained?

Yeah, but I've found that the average person, male or female, will react differently towards you if you drive this:

than if you drive this:

And both of those reactions were different than driving this:

Which was also much different than my current car.

If all it took was clean and well kept, then all should get pretty much identical reactions from people, with the same person driving. Such is not the case.

the Teuton

sportyaccordy

Quote from: MX793 on March 27, 2009, 12:46:39 PM
Fuck studies

Women like success like men like breasts

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Someone tell my girlfriend about this.  She just wants me to drive a car that blends in.  Anyway I find that girls strongly attracted by cars or any sign of wealth tend to be trashy.

Eye of the Tiger

What do women think of single 25 year old men who drive old Volvo wagons and Swifts? SEXY TIME:winkguy:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

93JC

Quote from: sportyaccordy on March 27, 2009, 04:10:20 PM
Fuck studies

Women like success like men like breasts

But... of T&A I love A more...

:huh:

Lazerous

Quote from: 565 on March 27, 2009, 07:30:57 PM
Someone tell my girlfriend about this.  She just wants me to drive a car that blends in.  Anyway I find that girls strongly attracted by cars or any sign of wealth tend to be trashy.

I think she says that because she doesn't want you to be attracting any other women.

sportyaccordy

hotrodalex

Quote from: Lazerous on March 27, 2009, 08:09:10 PM
I think she says that because she doesn't want you to be attracting any other women.

That was my first thought.

sandertheshark

"And the 2009 No Fucking Duh award for an astoundingly obvious scientific study goes to..."

sandertheshark

Does the Porsche driver care?

93JC

Quote from: sportyaccordy on March 27, 2009, 08:14:33 PM
Really??? We are in the minority here

I doubt we're a minority. I'd wager the preference is split right down the middle, or close enough.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: 93JC on March 28, 2009, 12:32:54 PM
I doubt we're a minority. I'd wager the preference is split right down the middle, or close enough.
Sounds like a poll...