Why Nardelli isn't going anywhere

Started by the Teuton, March 30, 2009, 09:33:13 AM

the Teuton

To give everyone some background on Bob Nardelli, the current CEO of Chrysler LLC, he was the CEO of Home Depot up until the time he left in 2007.  During his tenure, Nardelli brought stock values down some 8 percent, and upon leaving, he was gifted $210 million worth of perks on his way out, making the AIG bonuses look like nothing.  Each year, he got $3 million in bonuses just for making it to the next year.

Here's a more in-depth article:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07004/751268-28.stm

It says he's a lot like me:  bull-headed, short, tactless, and with little patience for greasing wheels.  It sounds like I could make it big someday under those pretenses.  But here's an article about his welcome wagon to Chrysler:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20138102//

Here's a quote I particularly liked from Nardelli from Aug. 6, 2007:

?It?s not about creating a new strategy. They?ve got it,? he said. ?I?m confident that we?ll continue the momentum of Chrysler?s recovery.?

My theory is that his contract wasn't meant to go anywhere from Chrysler.  He is a high roller, and Cerberus isn't stupid.  They wanted to keep him on-board to make sure the ship goes down relatively quietly and so they can parcel each piece off to the Russians, the Chinese, the Italians, and the Japanese among other players to make some money.

No one is calling for Nardelli's resignation because 1) he's a relatively new player in the auto industry, so he hasn't had time to "screw up" like Rick Wagoner, Bob Eaton and Tom LaSorda and 2) they're a private corporation and all of their financial records are still protected, even under $4 billion of government scrutiny.  He is going to make out like a bandit, and this will make AIG seem like child's play in comparison.

Any thoughts?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!