18K mile service on Nissan GT-R isn't cheap!

Started by The Pirate, March 30, 2009, 08:08:49 PM

The Pirate

http://jalopnik.com/5191262/routine-18000-mile-nissan-gt+r-service-price-tag-2000

That number is appalling!  And if you read the comments, Nissan recommends a fluid flush after every track day.

This car is cool, but if it's my money, I'm thinking Z06.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

MrH

I'd rather have a Lotus Exige S260.  Simple enough of a car to work on.  No super computers dealing out my torque for me.  And sexier!
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Gotta-Qik-C7

I wanna know what in the "special" tranny fluid.  :rolleyes:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Rich

Quote from: gotta-qik-z28 on March 30, 2009, 09:40:49 PM
I wanna know what in the "special" tranny fluid.  :rolleyes:

Probably the jizz from the Nissan fanboy circle jerk
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

giant_mtb

I hope we hear a story soon about someone who decided to change his own tranny fluid with cheap(er) stuff and fucked up his transmission.

Or that he succeeded and proves Nissan's trans. fluid to be a complete sham.

Either one will be entertaining. :lol:

the Teuton

Is this car worth it? 

If you're an amputee in need of a supercar, I'm sure it is, but when a ZR1 seems to almost have a cheaper cost to own, can a GT-R really be that much of a value?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

mazda6er

Quote from: giant_mtb on March 30, 2009, 10:45:20 PM
I hope we hear a story soon about someone who decided to change his own tranny fluid with cheap(er) stuff and fucked up his transmission.

Or that he succeeded and proves Nissan's trans. fluid to be a complete sham.

Either one will be entertaining. :lol:

Yeah, but who's got the balls to try it? Not for my money.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

r0tor

Well, US law dictates they can't specify their own fluid and must provide a minimum requirement for a substitute fluid... we will see how that pans out for them
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Secret Chimp

Value schmalue, the Corvette is still way too white-chest-hair-and-Harley-Davidsons-in-the-garage for me .

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Tave

The only GT-R owner I've seen was kind of grissly, white-haired, wearing a cowboy hat, and had the trousers of his three-piece suit half-tucked into a pair of snakeskin cowboy boots.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

giant_mtb

The GT-R I saw was occupied by a seemingly 30-something African-American.

the Teuton

The one I saw (and talked to the owner of) was an older German or Austrian gentleman.  So much for the car of the Gran Turismo generation...
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

TBR

Quote from: Tave on March 31, 2009, 08:54:26 AM
The only GT-R owner I've seen was kind of grissly, white-haired, wearing a cowboy hat, and had the trousers of his three-piece suit half-tucked into a pair of snakeskin cowboy boots.

I thought that was how everyone in Wyoming dressed?

NomisR

I've seen a GTR owned by an early 30ish Asian dude, late 30s White guy, and a 7 ft tall black guy. 

SVT666

Quote from: the Teuton on March 31, 2009, 05:06:00 PM
The one I saw (and talked to the owner of) was an older German or Austrian gentleman.  So much for the car of the Gran Turismo generation...
That's the problem with expensive sports/GT cars.  The people who would really appreciate them, can't afford them.

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: HEMI666 on March 31, 2009, 08:15:18 PM
That's the problem with expensive sports/GT cars.  The people who would really appreciate them, can't afford them.

Not necessarily

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: TBR on March 31, 2009, 06:33:33 PM
I thought that was how everyone in Wyoming dressed?

No three-pieces usually.   :nono:
Will

S204STi

$115 per quart for the trans fluid?  :mask:

Somebody's making a killing.