Official photos and info: 2010 Legacy

Started by ifcar, March 31, 2009, 08:28:11 AM

giant_mtb

Hmm...it looks like it's trying to fit in with the rest of the boring sedans out there.

Not a good thing. :(

Tave

Quote from: giant_mtb on March 31, 2009, 08:29:44 AM
Hmm...it looks like it's trying to fit in with the rest of the boring sedans out there.

Not a good thing. :(

Need I remind you?

As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

2o6

It's ok. It looks better than the concept, but still is no beauty queen.

Catman

Looks a little like the new Mazda 6 but the element look better on the 6.

Raza

Quote from: Catman on March 31, 2009, 09:02:05 AM
Looks a little like the new Mazda 6 but the element look better on the 6.

Compared to this, the Mazda 6 is a beauty queen. 

The old Legacy may have been cramped and thirsty, but at least it was good looking. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Submariner

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

2o6

Quote from: Submariner on March 31, 2009, 09:12:50 AM
Infiniti G35 anyone?

I can see what you're getting at in terms of proportions and the greenhouse, but otherwise they're totally different.

nickdrinkwater

That looks terrible.  Slightly Accord-esque, but even more awkward...

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

MaxPower

After having such a risky concept, it feels like they toned it down too much.  I really don't mind the production version, but I think they could have taken more risks in the design.  It's bigger than the 2009 but still has the same base engine; I wonder how much more it weighs.

the Teuton

Quote from: Raza  on March 31, 2009, 09:10:56 AM
Compared to this, the Mazda 6 is a beauty queen. 

The old Legacy may have been cramped and thirsty, but at least it was good looking. 

Agreed, but it could be worse. 

As the resident Subie troll, I have to give this one a B/B- at the moment.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

the Teuton

But to be honest, I believe it will sell a lot better than the outgoing model.  Subaru is on a roll with its new cars, and I believe that this will definitely be a competitive vehicle.  The new Impreza has almost as much room as the current Legacy, so this size upgrade needed to happen. 

I just hope it doesn't deviate too much from the Japanese version.  I want a Spec.B and I'm sure the Outback will be back soon enough.  Subaru would be insane to drop that model.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: the Teuton on March 31, 2009, 11:19:44 AM
But to be honest, I believe it will sell a lot better than the outgoing model.  Subaru is on a roll with its new cars, and I believe that this will definitely be a competitive vehicle.  The new Impreza has almost as much room as the current Legacy, so this size upgrade needed to happen. 

I just hope it doesn't deviate too much from the Japanese version.  I want a Spec.B and I'm sure the Outback will be back soon enough.  Subaru would be insane to drop that model.

How are they on a roll?  The Forester was praised but the Impreza was panned.

the Teuton

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on March 31, 2009, 12:14:26 PM
How are they on a roll?  The Forester was praised but the Impreza was panned.

No, the 2008 WRX was panned.

The styling for the current Impreza is dull, yes, but the 2.5i finished 2nd behind the Rabbit in the last economy car test C&D had.  It's a genuinely good compact car.  Also, Subaru is one of the few companies that isn't taking a beating right now in the auto industry.

The Forester has one a bunch of awards, the diesel boxer has won a bunch of awards, and it's coming here next year, and sales have generally been very good for Subaru as of late.

With the exception of the 2008 WRX disappointment that was rectified for the 2009 model year and the lowly styling on some of the cars, Subaru is the best it's ever been right now.

Gotta-Qik-C7

BLAH! Looks like a Honda Accord (US model) with Euro Accord fender flares and Chrysler Sebring headlights. Then someone saw the new Maxima and added its hood lumps to the design.  :mask:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Catman

I think the Maxima is much better.  I can see some G37 in the design also.

S204STi

"So all 23 of you out there who are fans of the Legacy GT wagon can go ahead and stop reading now."

:banghead:

GoCougs

I see major previous gen Maxima.

6sp MT finally, but 265hp sounds a bit weak - (fanboy) reports were putting it at 300hp.

I'm waiting for the Outback...

S204STi

On the whole I figure it should still be an interesting upgrade from the Impreza, and the turbo 4 makes it infinitely more entertaining than any other midsizer on the market right now.

S204STi

Quote from: GoCougs on March 31, 2009, 04:00:01 PM
I see major previous gen Maxima.

6sp MT finally, but 265hp sounds a bit weak - (fanboy) reports were putting it at 300hp.

I'm waiting for the Outback...

It'll still be a gutsy motor.  30% increase in turbo response on this engine is a big deal.

TBR

Quote from: R-inge on March 31, 2009, 04:03:21 PM
It'll still be a gutsy motor.  30% increase in turbo response on this engine is a big deal.

Yeah, you're still probably looking at a 0-60 time under 5.5 seconds.

I just hope that I can find an unmolested 2009 Spec.B in a few years.

Tave

As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: the Teuton on March 31, 2009, 12:51:42 PM
No, the 2008 WRX was panned.

The styling for the current Impreza is dull, yes, but the 2.5i finished 2nd behind the Rabbit in the last economy car test C&D had.  It's a genuinely good compact car.  Also, Subaru is one of the few companies that isn't taking a beating right now in the auto industry.

The Forester has one a bunch of awards, the diesel boxer has won a bunch of awards, and it's coming here next year, and sales have generally been very good for Subaru as of late.

With the exception of the 2008 WRX disappointment that was rectified for the 2009 model year and the lowly styling on some of the cars, Subaru is the best it's ever been right now.

You guys must have low standards because there's no way the Impreza is the second best economy car or small car or whatever you want to call it out there.  But still, kudos if sales are up, selling cars is what counts, and if that means gradually going more and more mainstream, then so be it...

MX793

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on March 31, 2009, 04:24:07 PM
You guys must have low standards because there's no way the Impreza is the second best economy car or small car or whatever you want to call it out there.  But still, kudos if sales are up, selling cars is what counts, and if that means gradually going more and more mainstream, then so be it...

We don't get the same compact cars you folks do.  Keep in mind, we don't get any of the Euro small cars besides the Golf and Astra 1.8 (no Alfas, Peugeots, Renaults...).  And our Focus is just a [poorly] reskinned version of the 1st gen Focus that debuted in the late 90s.  The Mazda3 probably would have beaten the Impreza in that comparo, but because it lost to the Golf in the previous small car comparo, C&D didn't include it in the one that had the latest Impreza.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

ifcar

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on March 31, 2009, 04:24:07 PM

Two big Car and Driver favorites weren't in the comparison: Civic and Mazda3. They were only doing their past winner (Rabbit) against a bunch of new models, and a lot of those new models were fairly weak.