Illustrated: 2011 Ferrari F450

Started by SVT666, April 01, 2009, 07:40:39 AM

SVT666

Illustrated: 2011 Ferrari F450
Leftlanenews.com

Our spy photographers were able to capture the first images of the forthcoming Ferrari F450 earlier this month, but the images left a little to be desired. As such, we handed the photos over to our expert artists - and the results give us our clearest look yet at the F450.

Boasting over 500 horsepower, the F450 is rumored to have a higher power output than the 520-hp F430 Scuderia. Ferrari will use the same double-clutch gearbox from the California for the F450 to double-up with the envisaged 4.5-liter V8. How the global financial difficulty has affected the scarlet marque will be seen in the F450 through possible technologies like a road car version of KERS (Kinetic Energy Recovery Systems).

The F450 will take some styling cues from the recently unveiled California, but will feature an overall more curvaceous body. Short front and rear overhangs will give the F450 a planted look with sculpted body lines give the car a sense of motion when even at a standstill.

Ferrari has apparently code-named the car F142 and it is expected to make its first public showing at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September 2009. Deliveries would then commence just over a year from now.

2011 Ferrari F450

the Teuton

We're about due for a good-looking Ferrari again...except it looks a little generic.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

mojammer

I like it, and if it does look like this then fine, that's great.  But I agree that it's kinda generic.  I'd even venture to say it's a safe design, not as distinctive as current models.  But I'm not an avid ferrarista, so my taste is probably more generic than others'.

The wheels are from an R8. 

NomisR

It looks really sleek though.  I can see myself driving that.

giant_mtb

Quote from: the Teuton on April 01, 2009, 08:55:33 AM
We're about due for a good-looking Ferrari again...except it looks a little generic.

Generic in comparison to...?

:confused:

Raza

That's a very organic look for Ferrari. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.